World Cup 2018 thread

jackhasler23

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No matter how good of a player you are, Ronaldo and Messi, if you don’t have quality teammates around you it’s impossible to win.

There is no such thing as ‘winning a game on your own’... You can make a telling contribution, but it’s a team game and you need your teammates to perform.

Take Messi and Ronaldo out of Argentina and Portugal and they’re both not even top 10 best in the world.

The only reason they were named as potential contenders is because of one player.

On 27/06/2018 at 17:00, McLovin said:

Take that you sweaty ball smeller Loew. Serves you right for your arrogance and disrespect of your opponents.

I've found a huge amount of new levels of respect for you during this thread young man.

Knowledge, predictions and some spot on observations with the odd belting one liner thrown in for good measure Fair play. Keep it up!!

5 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

I've found a huge amount of new levels of respect for you during this thread young man.

Knowledge, predictions and some spot on observations with the odd belting one liner thrown in for good measure Fair play. Keep it up!!

Thank you, glad that we have settled our differences ?. My dark horses prediction is the only one that’s looking to be successful though-Uruguay and England. My other dark horse, Senegal, were unlucky to go out on the fair play rule.

I really don’t know who is going to win it anymore. I probably would have chosen Spain before their manager left but now I’m leaning towards Brazil, although they haven’t looked too convincing recently.

If there is ever a year for a dark horse like Croatia or Uruguay to win it, this is the year as none of the top teams have looked convincing to me.

40 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

No further into insight as to whether or not its the norm but the amount of folk unaware and the acclaim suggests that not everyone does this. 

That’s quite bad then. 

We’ve done it for as long as I remember 

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

No further into insight as to whether or not its the norm but the amount of folk unaware and the acclaim suggests that not everyone does this. 

If memory serves, there have been pay disputes at or leading up to world cups in the past. Nigeria or some other African teams.

Presumably these weren't about how much was going to charity.

Luis Suarez is a machine. I’ve just seen a statistic that he has only missed 6 games in his WHOLE career due to injuries.

Thats an insane stat and shows his desire to play even whilst he is injured, especially in the manner that Suarez plays as he gives 100% in every game.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Luis Suarez is a machine. I’ve just seen a statistic that he has only missed 6 games in his WHOLE career due to injuries.

Thats an insane stat and shows his desire to play even whilst he is injured, especially in the manner that Suarez plays as he gives 100% in every game.

It’s even more impressive when you consider he must suffer a severe injury every game. He has powers of recovery like marvel super hero. 

18 minutes ago, McLovin said:

He's also a complete cheating cockwomble.

53 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Did they forget to mention that he'd missed 423 games due to suspension?  ?

Just read that marchers o has officially quit after today’s game. 

In the article it reminded me that he played for West Ham in 2006. 12 years ago, when he was just 22. And he was clearly a level above West Ham back then. I still remember that dodgy deal with him and tevez keeping them up. Whenever I remember it, I keep thinking it was only a few years ago and he must have been well established in his career by the time of that incident. I really didn’t think that was 12 years ago though!

I’m so old. 

11 hours ago, McLovin said:

How many games has he missed through biting other players?

That stat will tell you all you need to know about him.

2 minutes ago, David said:

How many games has he missed through biting other players?

That stat will tell you all you need to know about him.

I've head a theory that he might have lived with street dogs at one point when young and penniless hence the biting....

...or perhaps he just thinks a prime bit of footballer is the ideal mid game snack.

Did i hear that right?

commentator said " happy fannies at the moment".

its nice to be winning, but i wouldn't go that far.

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Harsh handball. No Var?

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Ridiculous. Home team decision.

Clear handball.

Archived