World Cup 2018 thread

jackhasler23

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had to switch the match off as soon as it finished. I kissed the shots of crying Argentina fans. Gutted. We’re there any decent shots of Maraddonna’s reaction, was he flipping his fingers at anyone, or was he crying like a big fat, coked up baby?

Glenn Hoddle sums up his attitude towards football by questioning why Uruguay don't take the ball into the corner to see out the first half. 

10 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Rowett probably couldn't contain his excitement at the way Uruguay play. Complete and utter shithouses.

I'm not sure Uruguay play shithouse football. They just have some of the best defenders in the world. 

Portugal are a possession based team, and were naturally trying very hard second half. 

Just now, SaintRam said:

I'm not sure Uruguay play shithouse football. They just have some of the best defenders in the world. 

Portugal are a possession based team, and were naturally trying very hard second half. 

Uruguay seemed to in that second half to be honest. The amount of play acting, 10 men behind the ball with Suarez up top. Seemed very much how I'd define that. I'd actually say Portugal are more of a counter attack team than possession based, when a defense sits back against them they struggle a lot. 

4 hours ago, cannable said:

England have done that for years 

Thought it was, and probably should be, standard for top internationals teams 

No further into insight as to whether or not its the norm but the amount of folk unaware and the acclaim suggests that not everyone does this. 

Archived