Stadium Naming Rights

Poynton ram

59 minutes ago, eddie said:

I worked for them for a number of years, and they have a strange way of repaying loyalty.

Like the new profile pic Eddie. I recently got a Draak glass from Belgium. The Egg. It’s a beauty. With a selection of Draak beers.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=gulden+draak+egg+glass&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjzi5DIwK7bAhUIDcAKHdjdCJgQ_AUIEigC&biw=375&bih=553&dpr=2#imgrc=j1OlnDkQd0dlmM:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Poynton ram said:

Accepting Mel will want to maximise value and no doubt will be holding out for promotion to do this is the club any closer to tieing up a deal for the naming rights at PP?

With funds apparently tight you would have thought the Board would be considering a deal now to generate some additional income.

Anybody know who would be in the running and what sort of figure are we talking about?

Rolls Royce perhaps?

I’d call it the city ground just to see the reaction. 

I’m sure some of our supporters would have a heart attack 

8 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Silly question... but can someone explain how it works?

We agree that to generate money its now called the iPro or whatever.  And lo and behold all the media outlets, reporters, papers suddenly call it that too. Then the contract ends and they stop.

Why do they fall into line? I can see why/how as a club we push the idea/brand but why does everyone else just say, 'ok then we will call it that too for the period it suits you financially...then stop when you no longer want to promote that particular  dribk/betting company'. What do they get out of it?

A bit like how Germany is called Deutschland, but we just go ahead and call it Germany anyway. I suppose anyone can call anything any name they want. The shitty ground, for instance. But if you want to continue having a friendly relationship with the club, you should probably respect their name. 

Sith Happens

It depends if mel considers it worthwhile. The last deal was something like 7 million but for 10 years. 700k a year is hardly going to allow us to get away from any ffp issues. 

I still dont buy the we are skint. I just think mel recognises that the big salaries we have arent sustainable especially when we are paying someone big wages to turn out for other teams.

Spending wise we haven't had a positive net spend for a couple of years now anyway. 

Reports in the press, like the mail,is just guesswork on their part because they read mel says we wont be spending loads, they put 2 and 2 together and all that. 

Best to let other clubs think we are skint so they dont up the price because we are moneybags derby County as seemed to be the case according to mel.

10 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

It depends if mel considers it worthwhile. The last deal was something like 7 million but for 10 years. 700k a year is hardly going to allow us to get away from any ffp issues. 

I still dont buy the we are skint. I just think mel recognises that the big salaries we have arent sustainable especially when we are paying someone big wages to turn out for other teams.

Spending wise we haven't had a positive net spend for a couple of years now anyway. 

Reports in the press, like the mail,is just guesswork on their part because they read mel says we wont be spending loads, they put 2 and 2 together and all that. 

Best to let other clubs think we are skint so they dont up the price because we are moneybags derby County as seemed to be the case according to mel.

That's a weird name for a stadium, can we abbreviate it?

38 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The "we tried to deliver your parcel but you were out so we just shoved it in a hedge and signed the form ourselves" Yodel Stadium....

Lifted the lid on my BBQ a couple of weeks ago and found a parcel that had been ordered last summer, it was only a bog roll with “ just married” printed on it but I remember ar lass going on that she’d never received it

9 hours ago, Seth's left foot said:

The Frank Lampard Stadium.

thats what is holding up the announcement, tomorrow Frank will abseil down from the East stand roof wearing the new home shirt and smash a ball into the top corner... beat that Red Dogs ?

If we are going down the line of naming the stadium after the 'current' manager.

Then surely it should be the "Insert current name here" Arena

Archived