Stadium Naming Rights

Poynton ram

Accepting Mel will want to maximise value and no doubt will be holding out for promotion to do this is the club any closer to tieing up a deal for the naming rights at PP?

With funds apparently tight you would have thought the Board would be considering a deal now to generate some additional income.

Anybody know who would be in the running and what sort of figure are we talking about?

Rolls Royce perhaps?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Think Rolls Royce were ever going to sponsor us they would have done it by now. 

Not sure theres a big market for aero engines with Joe public so doubt they would ever feel the need to sponsor us.

I believe RR are a sponsor of a rugby team though. The aerospace one, not BMW.  

36 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Could we crowdfund "The Derby 5 Forest 0 Stadium".....?

I don't think we'll raise enough as around 50% percent of derby fans (or a vocal minority) look at the McClaren era as nothing more than a "failure" 

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

Woudn't be surprised if they get sold again, if there's a suitable offer.

Some of the Lampard reports still referenced the iPro.....

That’s just lazy journalism. A lot of outlets kept calling it that last season. 

Silly question... but can someone explain how it works?

We agree that to generate money its now called the iPro or whatever.  And lo and behold all the media outlets, reporters, papers suddenly call it that too. Then the contract ends and they stop.

Why do they fall into line? I can see why/how as a club we push the idea/brand but why does everyone else just say, 'ok then we will call it that too for the period it suits you financially...then stop when you no longer want to promote that particular  dribk/betting company'. What do they get out of it?

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Someone a lot more 'modern' … Experian?

I worked for them for a number of years, and they have a strange way of repaying loyalty.

Archived