If it’s Frank

archied
Message added by Day

If it is Frank  

620 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

And to add to that it is well known that he has an excellent work ethic too, first one in to training and last one out (even at his peak). We need that philosophy to run through the club from top to bottom & I believe he will do just that. 

To lead from the front gets the troops rallied and ready for the battle ahead. 

Interesting question this. Plus whilst i agree.. Beckham was himself known as a great trainer, positive ethos, a proper professional and he would also raise profile......

He just doesn't seem as switched on as Frank, who seems serious and knowledgeable. Also less about image and going to the right places, with the right people.

Frank has also lived in a coaching environment and I think that would help.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brian Clough would be happy to think that a former football legend with a sound knowledge of football would be taking the reins at Derby County. 

Much of the prospects of success or failure would hinge on whether or not he can build up a reliable support network. (Brian had Peter Taylor, Jimmy Gordon as trainer, Maurice Edwards heading a team of talent scouts, and, Dave Mackay as captain.

Who knows? Lampard may even manage not to upset too many Chairmen and club secretaries as well.

A bit of shrewd dealing in the transfer market wouldn't come amiss.

Forest fans are hoping we get Lampard as they reckon he'll 'devastate' Derby so that's another reason to appoint him I reckon!

(They laughed when we took Alan Hinton 'off their hands' all those years ago!)?

15 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Interesting question this. Plus whilst i agree.. Beckham was himself known as a great trainer, positive ethos, a proper professional and he would also raise profile......

He just doesn't seem as switched on as Frank, who seems serious and knowledgeable. Also less about image and going to the right places, with the right people.

Frank has also lived in a coaching environment and I think that would help.

Plus his missus isn't a pouting, sour-faced attention seeker

2 hours ago, CHCDerby said:

If you was a realist, you'd give the guy a chance and not think of the doom and gloom from the outset.

I'm guessing you wouldn't be happy with any appointment.

I didn't say I won't support him if we employ him but I'm just as entitled to an opinion as you are my friend. Yes I would be happy with an appointment actually. I'd be fairly happy with the Dean Smith option or anyone with a bit of experience who plays real football. 

16 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

She did indeed Ellafella, excellent piece of Lampard trivia there. Did you know he also has a large sausage named after him? You'll have to ask Christine what that's all about though.

Please Frank, push it furter?

For me, "we haven't tried a novice manager before" and "it'll bring a bit of media attention to the place" just aren't good enough reasons to employ someone.

Looking at MM's track record of appointing managers, it's clear he's been winging it a bit. Varying styles of play, management, philosophy. There's no long term plan there. And appointing Lampard would just emphasise that further.

36 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Souness? Other than what he did in the Mickey Mouse league up north he did nothing...

He totally revolutionized Rangers, they were miles behind Celtic when he took over, actually they were behind Aberdeen and Dundee back then too, he won everything up there and got an amazing team together.....then he won the FA Cup with the victims a couple of Turkish cups and even the league cup with Blackburn, so not too shabby at all....

39 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

You've taken me too seriously. Not the first, won't be the last. ?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh you!!!!!!!!!!!11

38 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Souness? Other than what he did in the Mickey Mouse league up north he did nothing...

he has done exactly what we are hoping Lampard can do. Got promotion from this division to the one above! Bad example really, cos if Lampard matches such a below-par achievement, we'd be over the moon!

Now let’s see. Doesn’t MM live next door to Frank’s Uncle ‘arry down in Dar-sit? MM is no fool so maybe there’s more to Frank than his rather at times raucous lifestyle indicates. A* in Latin and a Mensa score that’s almost off the scale....

1 minute ago, Ellafella said:

Now let’s see. Doesn’t MM live next door to Frank’s Uncle ‘arry down in Dar-sit? MM is no fool so maybe there’s more to Frank than his rather at times raucous lifestyle indicates. A* in Latin and a Mensa score that’s almost off the scale....

I do think both Mel and Harry debunked this common myth before.

I'm sure they'd never met before Mel bought Harry up for babysitting duties.

3 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I do think both Mel and Harry debunked this common myth before.

I'm sure they'd never met before Mel bought Harry up for babysitting duties.

Correct..but fairly irrelevant. 'Arry worked for Mel and left under reasonable terms...putting him in a category of errrr one..??.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I'd be looking for a manager who matches the club's philosophy on how to play football, can engage the players, is clear on how he will get the best out of them, demonstrates a willingness to learn and adapt his style in response to situations and who can bring respect and contacts into the club. Do I think charisma is part of it? Yes, I  do and I would want to see a good public interface as it's an important part of a manager's job these days. 

Step one is to work out what our philosophy is then.  I've no clue what it is after the string of managers we've just had.   Does Mel ?

19 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Step one is to work out what our philosophy is then.  I've no clue what it is after the string of managers we've just had.   Does Mel ?

I don't know. I did wonder when I said that.

However, I remember the vision ( or maybe mission statement ) that was up on the wall in the classroom at Moor Farm so I know we have one. 

I'm sure it didn't mention Rowett ball!  

Jeez what’s going on ? Been out at golf and fully expected to see frank announced when I got home,,,, stop messing round or we may find the losing play off finalist nip in and pinch our thunder ,,, villa just love nipping in to nick targets we identify 

Archived