If it’s Frank

archied
Message added by Day

If it is Frank  

620 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, uttoxram75 said:

Yeah it’s a gamble but somehow it just feels it’s the right time and the right person.....don’t know why, it just does!

I think that's where I am now.

In 6 months time we'll probably be wondering what the **** we were smoking! ?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Highgate said:

You might be right about it being a good time for Lampard.  You would hope that given the financial situation, that fans wouldn't be expecting too much. 

Finances might be no problem. With his family connection, maybe we can sign Rosie!

6 hours ago, DazzaRam said:

The excitement of the unknown is what Lampard brings. The media attention on Derby will be superb. All of a sudden we will become a focus for many people. Lampard will have countless contacts built up from playing at the top level. There will be 3 or 4 top quality loans coming in. Its a gamble for sure but one well worth taking in my opinion. It will lift the fans all summer and I think its what the Derby fans need now. It will unite the fans. 

This

Hopefully the media get side tracked with the hoo-ha surrounding him and miss the January 2019 collapse. That'll be a positive in my book.

What about a cold wet evening in Wigan when Frankie boy is being outplayed and losing 0-3 and the crowd is booing as he "doesn't know what he's doing" I'm not sure we will feel that Hollywood appointment then.

Realistic not pessimistic but we need someone with some experience at least

Want Lampard.

Bryan Robson, Paul Ince and Roy Keane all had as much, if not more, experience than Lampard when it came to running a midfield, yet all flamed out as managers.

What has he done to make you think he can succeed as a manager?

I'm not saying he won't, but at least Dean Smith has a track record that you can assess. With Lampard it's a total roll of the dice.

6 minutes ago, Nookiebear1 said:

What about a cold wet evening in Wigan when Frankie boy is being outplayed and losing 0-3 and the crowd is booing as he "doesn't know what he's doing" I'm not sure we will feel that Hollywood appointment then.

If you was a realist, you'd give the guy a chance and not think of the doom and gloom from the outset.

I'm guessing you wouldn't be happy with any appointment.

7 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Want Lampard.

Bryan Robson, Paul Ince and Roy Keane all had as much, if not more, experience than Lampard when it came to running a midfield, yet all flamed out as managers.

What has he done to make you think he can succeed as a manager?

I'm not saying he won't, but at least Dean Smith has a track record that you can assess. With Lampard it's a total roll of the dice.

I like rolling dice. I play D&D a lot. 

12 minutes ago, Nookiebear1 said:

That’s right. Nothing like a bit of experience to know when to flick the v’s at the boo boys and tuck into a new bit of gum.

?

Archived