Derby County have already interviewed candidates about the vacant manager's position

Rample

The lampard/‘arry thing worries me... we’re still in court accusing Sam rush over his inability to act without bias. I’m keeping my opinion to myself on that one.

What do we do? Bring in a director of football with bias towards the manager. Lose/lose... goes on a decent run and we’re a stepping stone at the first opportunity with someone in the board fighting his corner to let him go easy,  the highly possible reality with an inexperienced manager that it’s a disaster and there’s someone in the bird pleading for more time against all logic. 

Not a fan of something this close, precedence of a good working relationship... yes... bloody family members... no. It worked so well with mclaren... how many people on here are still complaining about our scouting (myself included)?

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Let's be honest - Lampard can have all the ideas and tactics that he likes, but he won't have a scooby what to do when he realises that the team he's inherited can't pull it off and he can't just go out and spend millions on a squad full of internationals. He's never seen anyone get that extra 10%-15% out of a bang average  player, because he's never played in a team that had any

Could argue that Chelsea got an extra 50% out of him. And only he will know how that happened.

46 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Why would Dean Smith come? Brentford finished 8th last season and have a good squad with a bit of adding to they could be looking at top 6 this season, That's a lot higher than we will be aiming for the next 2 seasons.....

I see your point and it could prove to be true. However he could well see us as the better long term prospects. 

Bigger fan base, better training facilities, great academy (on paper) and long term more money to invest in the team*.

*I realise the things are going to be a little tight this season but my impression is that is more due to ffp than anything. I think once we get the squad back down to a sensible level and the wage bill back to being manageable  we will have funds to kick on with a few choice signings.

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If that turns out to be true I eagerly await the host of experts that will come out to tell us all about him. 

I have literally no idea.

After a google search, I would be surprised if he’d pitch himself at the championship. But it was a strange enough link for me not to post.

2 hours ago, alexxxxx said:

not sure if we can take odds as an accurate picture as they often reflect the flows of cash on bets. i'd certainly get behind lampard, but not sure if his background is really a match for the championship.

Indeed! Just looking through the odds for others and Unai Emery is 25/1to be in charge of Everton on the first day of the season. Call it a hunch but that won't be happening. 

Don't see much truth at all in the Lampard rumour and think the speculation is all odds led. 

34 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I see your point and it could prove to be true. However he could well see us as the better long term prospects. 

Bigger fan base, better training facilities, great academy (on paper) and long term more money to invest in the team*.

*I realise the things are going to be a little tight this season but my impression is that is more due to ffp than anything. I think once we get the squad back down to a sensible level and the wage bill back to being manageable  we will have funds to kick on with a few choice signings.

Spot on Brady 

Ship needs to be steady, wage bill simply has to fall. Yet in the long term if we can ride some rough water we will be ready for another push after a season of common sense decisions and the departures that will happen in 12 months time when certain contracts begin to expire. I secretly hope we will see some younger players being given a real chance too, which is always enjoyable and something to look forward to.. 

20 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Dog & Duck league.....sorry, French league.

Yea I remember grenet ( spelling Eddie ?)

1 minute ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

These odds are very interesting, announcement can’t be far away

680EEF0B-541C-49E4-B555-457683BE2340.jpeg

We need a stickied statement - odds often mean nothing and Lampard's short odds are just as likely due to a flurry of betting on him rather than anything solid.

So Sky Sports have reported that there's been 20 credible applications...would be interesting to guess who those are....can only think of:

Frank Lampard

Dean Smith

Martin O'Neil

Igor Stimac

Darren Wassall

Steve MaClaren III

Nigel Clough II

Nigel Pearson II

Alan Pardew?

Mick Mcarthy?

I guess with that figure there must be a number of foreign managers as well as someone else mentioned...

Archived