Our inept and disfunctional website

jono

Who is responsible for this ? Its like a 4th form class room project, but worse and now I'm being charged 13 p a minute 

It doesn't like Ipads, it does like internet explorer and says "use google chrome if you can"  I mean how flipping amateur is that !   ??? ... ok .. I did .. but it still doesn't work ! 

Given up on ipad  - on lap top now but "events" not found. ... don't think I've consistently failed multiple times on any website other than ours to actually buy something ! 

Still trying to buy my play off ticket but have little faith it will work. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, jono said:

Who is responsible for this ? Its like a 4th form class room project, but worse and now I'm being charged 13 p a minute 

It doesn't like Ipads, it does like internet explorer and says "use google chrome if you can"  I mean how flipping amateur is that !   ??? ... ok .. I did .. but it still doesn't work ! 

Given up on ipad  - on lap top now but "events" not found. ... don't think I've consistently failed multiple times on any website other than ours to actually buy something ! 

you have my sympathy sir...i have also felt your pain.

Sith Happens
41 minutes ago, jono said:

Had the same issue when i tried using Firefox, found the 'events not found' message when tried chrome.

Left it about half hour then tried chrome and it worked ok

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Had the same issue when i tried using Firefox, found the 'events not found' message when tried chrome.

Left it about half hour then tried chrome and it worked ok

That's about right Paul. I think my gripe is that the site doesn't work well even when we are in a normal demand phase. Clearly it's going to get worse at times like this but the IT dept must know about this as it is a continuous problem ( it's a problem ! Not an "issue" ... Let's have some honesty here ?

We want to be a PL club .. And the official website is unreliable, wants to dictate browser choice, crashes intermittently ? What face does that present to the world at large, never mind the everyday fan base. 

In fairness, I bought mine via android mobile on the way home yesterday with no problems.

It's not the easiest of layouts granted, and needed a fair amount of scrolling as it's not mobile optimised, but it did work.

7 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

In fairness, I bought mine via android mobile on the way home yesterday with no problems.

It's not the easiest of layouts granted, and needed a fair amount of scrolling as it's not mobile optimised, but it did work.

What's that - android works and iPod not? 

Wow, who would have believed it?

tbh the site is much better than it used to be, it works on all screen sizes seamlessly and ive never had problems in my (limited) experience of buying tickets on it. they just need to be able to keep up with demand properly.

internet explorer is old news now anyway, not sure it is even in double-digit percentage of market share. most people on chrome/safari.

20 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I’ve just tried to get mine. Phone rang mid purchase and now the tickets have disappeared, I didn’t get through to the payment screen but can’t see anywhere to proceed with payment. Any ideas? 

Thanks in advance. 

Are they not just in your basket ? 

Is everyone using Chrome as it suggests at the top of the page? First thing you will see

*IMPORTANT: You will need to login here before purchasing any tickets from the links below. You will be unable to continue if you are not logged in, please also use Google Chrome as your browser if you can.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/play-off-home-leg-tickets

Seen loads on Twitter today buying tickets with ease in a couple of minutes. 

Archived