Our inept and disfunctional website

jono

19 minutes ago, deano180 said:

The club were trying to sell approx 22k of tickets in just over 24 hours, this was a bit of an exception to the rule, why have a system and associated costs that can work to this level of demand at all times? 

Why wernt ST holders given more time? Level out supply and demand? STs holders are over two thirds of home seats, why didn't the club allow them to have two thirds of the time from 3pm Sunday until KO Friday?

It's all been a bit crazy. I was away for the Bank Holiday weekend, and only saw the email on Monday morning. I saw that it said general sale started at 9am Tuesday and figured -  i can sort my ST out when I get home in the evening.

Logged on about 6pm when I returned, only to find that there was a deadline of 5pm for ST holders and there was no way to buy a ticket. Why on earth did they need a 16 hour blackout between ST sales ending and general sale beginning?

Anyway - logged on at 8am this morning and they had put them back on sale for ST holders?!

So I ended up getting my own seat in the end. More by luck than anything, as I was expecting to have to wait until the 9am carnage began.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

It's all been a bit crazy. I was away for the Bank Holiday weekend, and only saw the email on Monday morning. I saw that it said general sale started at 9am Tuesday and figured -  i can sort my ST out when I get home in the evening.

Logged on about 6pm when I returned, only to find that there was a deadline of 5pm for ST holders and there was no way to buy a ticket. Why on earth did they need a 16 hour blackout between ST sales ending and general sale beginning?

Anyway - logged on at 8am this morning and they had put them back on sale for ST holders?!

So I ended up getting my own seat in the end. More by luck than anything, as I was expecting to have to wait until the 9am carnage began.

They weren't off sale for season ticket holders, seats were released so season ticket holders could move around and get any seat they wanted before general sale this morning. 

1 hour ago, TheAllestreeRam said:

They weren't off sale for season ticket holders, seats were released so season ticket holders could move around and get any seat they wanted before general sale this morning. 

Hmm - well last night after 5pm the website wasn't letting me (logged in as a season ticket holder) buy any tickets. It just jept saying this event is not currently on sale. No meaningful error or instructions

It was only by chance that I tried again this morning at 8am and it was back up.

Maybe they just switched the whole thing off when the ticket office closed, and then put it back on when they arrived this morning

You were definitely still able to buy tickets with a ST after 5pm last night.

Think 2 and a half days to reserve a seat was plenty of time to be honest given there was only 7 days to sell them, plus let's be honest anyone who really wants to go will be able to get one in general sale anyway. Probably be able to get them until kick-off.

More concerned about how little information there has been about the away leg to be honest.

Had no trouble with the website, just follow the instructions if you received an email (sent out on Sunday afternoon).

I always check the emails on my iphone, then when I got back home used the laptop to access the email followed the links and used the website via chrome. It does ask you to log in first.

The website can be a pain but I do think it's still evolving. The pop up videos are annoying, but the carry adverts as well so that is a revenue stream for the club. I tend to us the official DCFC app on my iphone which works fine with no pop ups as well.

Viewing the website on a smart TV is a pain but thats more to do with the TV browser being very slow

1 hour ago, JoetheRam said:

You were definitely still able to buy tickets with a ST after 5pm last night.

Think 2 and a half days to reserve a seat was plenty of time to be honest given there was only 7 days to sell them, plus let's be honest anyone who really wants to go will be able to get one in general sale anyway. Probably be able to get them until kick-off.

More concerned about how little information there has been about the away leg to be honest.

Last match was Sunday, deadline for ST holders was Monday 5pm wasn’t it?

Nowhere near 2 and a half days if so, I wonder how many people missed this deadline as it is surprising tight IMO

I managed to book my ticket but it twice threw an error message asking me to select a seat after it had reserved a seat for me.

Also reserved a Room at the Best Western. 

Train back to Bristol at 8.28 Saturday!

14 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Last match was Sunday, deadline for ST holders was Monday 5pm wasn’t it?

Nowhere near 2 and a half days if so, I wonder how many people missed this deadline as it is surprising tight IMO

You're right it was Sunday not Saturday. My bad. ST holders had until 5pm yesterday to save their seat but had priority access until just before 9am this morning (whenever the site introduced the online queue).

So about a day and a half.

I don't think the website's that bad to be honest. Only thing that irritates me about it is the fact that I have to either close or pause about three videos every time I go to a new page.

Autoplay is about as big a turn-off as adds. Unfortunately for the modern DET, they've got both ? 

1 hour ago, plymouthram said:

You might have some luck with trying again after the away game at the cottage

If they are hiked up in price like the fa cup final or anything else at Wembley you will need time to sell a kidney to pay for the bugger !! 

Archived