Anyone else.. .

sage

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not looking forwards to the weekend (or potentially the playoffs) at all.

Two teams desperate for points, who will want it more? We've crumbled on the last day before and this current team imo is worse.

If we make it to the playoffs I think we'll be the worst of the four by a decent margin and it will just prolong the agony.

That said, worse teams than us have gone up, whilst theres hope, theres a chance and to coin a phrase, 'I do believe in fairies'.

COYR!

2 hours ago, sage said:

Feeling underwhelmed.

On Sunday we need a draw to get in the play offs, yet I have very little sense of excitement or anticipation.

No, I’m up for this, lets win this game and then see what happens next, you have got to be in it to win it. COYRs 

2 hours ago, sage said:

Feeling underwhelmed.

On Sunday we need a draw to get in the play offs, yet I have very little sense of excitement or anticipation.

Think it could because so many of us fear failure and are not letting ourselves get excited , it's been a wierd season.

2 hours ago, sage said:

Feeling underwhelmed.

Only when I come on here and read people's comments!

Surely Sunday is another chance to put things right, learn from last time, do better?

Some teams get close one year and never get another chance, we're getting several over recent seasons and one year will be our year. Maybe it's this one! COYR!!

Well you (mostly) miserable lot.  A match with everything to play for, for both sides, that might just lead to the play offs and Wembley and the top division again - what's not to like? Sure, we could lose; but, hell, we might win too.  The nerves have been in the pit of my stomach for days now and will get worse as Sunday nears, only to be dissipated by the referee's whistle at kick off; I've spoken more to young Ilkley this week than I have in the previous 10.  What if we win? Who's he going to pick? Who's fit? Will Camjam keep on scoring? Do you start with Vyds or not?

It's why I love footy and why I'm a Rams fan. Come on, get yourselves up for it.  This isn't about style or Gaz or whether we're an old team, this is winner takes (nearly) all; a one off match; about getting into the play offs and giving ourselves a proper shot at going up.  Win and then let the future take care of itself

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

Not looking forwards to the weekend (or potentially the playoffs) at all.

Two teams desperate for points, who will want it more? We've crumbled on the last day before and this current team imo is worse.

If we make it to the playoffs I think we'll be the worst of the four by a decent margin and it will just prolong the agony.

That said, worse teams than us have gone up, whilst theres hope, theres a chance and to coin a phrase, 'I do believe in fairies'.

COYR!

Have to say I agree, look how we played againast burton and Sunderland, both teams were fighting for their lives and we couldn’t match their hunger and desire. Sunday we play a team In exactly the same position, can the players get themselves up for the game this time or will they crumble again?

15 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Have to say I agree, look how we played againast burton and Sunderland, both teams were fighting for their lives and we couldn’t match their hunger and desire. Sunday we play a team In exactly the same position, can the players get themselves up for the game this time or will they crumble again?

Even I can't believe they'll crumble again.

I'm actually excited...shirt-sleeves, a couple of good quality pre-match ales, will probably opt for my 1969 Dave MacKay re-tro shirt, see some old friends, a bit of people-watching, then let battle commence. Might even invest in a few B & W balloons just to contribute to what will hopefully be a carnival atmosphere after Matej Vydra* breaks his own goal-scoring record by scoring after 20 seconds....so Matej, no pressure.  

* of course, GR will probably start him on the bench so that part of the "If Carlsberg did final day league games when you need to just get a point to reach the play-offs" is already forked. ?

We could be a premier league club by the end of this month......

For all my opinions on how the club is ran from the very top, we seem to forget that we have a fantastic opportunity is in our hands..... still.

Winner takes all..... points don’t mean prizes now......

4 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

We could be a premier league club by the end of this month......

For all my opinions on how the club is ran from the very top, we seem to forget that we have a fantastic opportunity is in our hands..... still.

Winner takes all..... points don’t mean prizes now......

When you look at it like this... Two wins and two draws from the next four games will do it.  Sounds achievable right?

Heck, we could even do a Huddersfield and do it with four straight draws... but the the penalty shoot outs might be too much for me.

5 hours ago, sage said:

Feeling underwhelmed.

Same here. Might go to Edgbaston.

Archived