Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

5 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

Pressing the button at the pedestrian crossing, waiting patiently to cross the road. Suddenly some moron decides to push the button again as if the lights would magically turn red. Its clearly highlighted WAIT. 

Argh I don't know why, it really winds me up!

I have a theory about this. The time taken for the lights to change is inversely proportional to the number of times the button's been pressed. Probably programmed by someone with views akin to yours.

Folks who moan about no English speaking people on their holiday, yet when people from other countries visit Britain, they make negative comments about the tourists having conversations in their own native language........ not everyone speaks English ?

Edited by SouthStandDan

2 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

Not me but my no.2 son Josh who has to go and watch the Blades tonight with his girlfriend,he is not a happy man ?

She’s gotta go. Unless of course she is really hot. Has a mum that looks 30 and a mate as well. Might be worth a6 month trial period then. 

Edited by Angry Ram

2 hours ago, SouthStandDan said:

Folks who moan about no English speaking people on their holiday, yet when people from other countries visit Britain, they make negative comments about the tourists having conversations in their own native language........ not everyone speaks English ?

And moan the coffee doesn't taste like nesscaff and the beans aint heinz.

Of course it's best when they speak to someone abroad and speak loud and slow cause that helps.

Oh and don't forget those that moan there is no English channels on the tv.

On 08/02/2019 at 19:35, Paul71 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-47165823

This. Surely the charge should be attempted murder if you have kicked someone in the head. Will end up with a slap on the wrist no doubt. 

Last week somebody got stabbed outside my place of work... as an on site first wider I gave first aid and had to give a statement to the police about what I did etc... they arrested the person who did it with ‘intent to wound’ surely if you stab someone it should be attempted murder.

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Difficult one, she was obviously a victim of child grooming when she made the decision to go. 

Now she is an young adult, and seemingly shows no remorse over her involvement since, but the fact remains she's a citizen of this country and this country only, so we have no legal right to deny her re-entry.

Obviously she can be tried before the courts for her actions since she's been there, and I wouldn't offer her a helping hand to return, especially if that involved other British subjects putting themselves in harm's way, which seems to be the official line.

If she can make her way into Turkey under her own steam, it's impossible to deny her the right of return, unless they wish to try her under their own laws.

10 hours ago, reveldevil said:

it's impossible to deny her the right of return,

According to this, they can.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47248555

Mr Javid added that there were a range of measures available to "stop people who pose a serious threat from returning to the UK, including depriving them of their British citizenship or excluding them from the country".

11 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Difficult one, she was obviously a victim of child grooming when she made the decision to go. 

Now she is an young adult, and seemingly shows no remorse over her involvement since, but the fact remains she's a citizen of this country and this country only, so we have no legal right to deny her re-entry.

Obviously she can be tried before the courts for her actions since she's been there, and I wouldn't offer her a helping hand to return, especially if that involved other British subjects putting themselves in harm's way, which seems to be the official line.

If she can make her way into Turkey under her own steam, it's impossible to deny her the right of return, unless they wish to try her under their own laws.

I know what you are saying is true.

I heard on the news there is something like 400 people in the UK now who have returned having gone to join IS and only a handful have been prosecuted.

She is clearly not a nice person, she shows no remorse, has allowed two children to be born who then died of malnutrition, why get pregnant a third time?

We will probably let her come in, pay her hundreds a week in benefits, then she will clear off again when it suits. How about let her in then charge her with the murder by association of all those who have died in terrorist attacks on British soil since she upped sticks and went?

17 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

According to this, they can.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47248555

Mr Javid added that there were a range of measures available to "stop people who pose a serious threat from returning to the UK, including depriving them of their British citizenship or excluding them from the country".

Do they end up like Tom Hanks in "The Terminal"?

On ‎15‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 23:40, reveldevil said:

Always assuming she can prove who she says she is! One paper said she had no passport.

3 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Always assuming she can prove who she says she is! One paper said she had no passport.

No easy answers I suppose?

My gut instinct would be to tell her she's made her bed, and can lie in it, but that's not what the law says.

Edited by reveldevil
Spelling, grammar, everything.

7 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Trucks on the limiter trying to overtake another in the outside lane of a dual carriageway. 6 miles to gain one truck length it took one yesterday, then you have  a"""holes in BMWs trying to queue jump by racing up the inside and cutting in!

Should be banned-both of them. 

I think that's ridiculous saying they should be banned.

Personally id have them castrated and forced to eat them.