Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

People who call gigs concerts and people who call concerts gigs.

Anyone who describes crowd activity at gigs as dancing.

All dancing.

People who stand there talking to their friend while an artist is performing.

Bands who attempt to force/organise crowd interaction at gigs. If the songs are good enough then the crowd will already know when to clap and when to sing along.

All orchestrated participation.

Edited by Coconut

Sith Happens

People who sit on roundabouts in busy traffic. Yeah I can see the way you are going is very busy and get you must be frustrated but look the way I want to go is clear, but I cant get there because you are blocking my way causing even more congestion.

If you just sat back a couple of meters, its not going to stop you getting where you are going, but all of us who want to go the other way can get on with our journey.

55 minutes ago, Coconut said:

People who call gigs concerts and people who call concerts gigs.

Anyone who describes crowd activity at gigs as dancing.

All dancing.

People who stand there talking to their friend while an artist is performing.

Bands who attempt to force/organise crowd interaction at gigs. If the songs are good enough then the crowd will already know when to clap and when to sing along.

All orchestrated participation.

Please define the difference between gigs and concerts.

You are right about 'forced'/staged interaction, it is so lame.

'Wow, Swadlincote, let's rock this joint! Let's see those hands in the air!!!!!'

2 hours ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

Please define the difference between gigs and concerts.

It's not an exact science or definition, it depends on who you're going to see.

There are some artists/groups where you can straddle the line a bit, however some things are very clear - nobody ever went to a Motorhead concert and you don't go to a Little Mix gig.

Edited by Coconut

20 hours ago, Coconut said:

It's not an exact science or definition, it depends on who you're going to see.

There are some artists/groups where you can straddle the line a bit, however some things are very clear - nobody ever went to a Motorhead concert and you don't go to a Little Mix gig.

Okey-dokey.

I agree with what you're saying - though I have never referred to a band playing as a 'gig.'

I always thought gigs was something to do with computers or cog-wheels on trains and that.

Every Colombian that surrounded the referee and Harry Kane for 3 minutes whilst he waited calmly to take a penalty. 

And their coach for mouthing off about Englands 'dirty antics'

And another of their coaches for trying to wind Raheem Sterling up as he jogged off at halftime.

Well the whole Columbian team/staff really ?

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, Mr Giggles said:

Have a bloke in the office that is a football fan yet refuses to watch England...

Yet he said eh has been watching "real Football Teams" like Belgium and Brasil 

Just an attention seeker, unless of course hes not English 

3 hours ago, maxjam said:

Every Colombian that surrounded the referee and Harry Kane for 3 minutes whilst he waited calmly to take a penalty. 

And their coach for mouthing off about Englands 'dirty antics'

And another of their coaches for trying to wind Raheem Sterling up as he jogged off at halftime.

Well the whole Columbian team/staff really ?

Quoting myself but I just want to add Maradona to the list as well (and not just because of what he said re. last nights match!)

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11426115/diego-maradona-says-colombia-suffered-a-monumental-robbery-against-england