Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

Sith Happens
19 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

People who get chemistry wrong...The triiodide ion is responsible for the well-known blue-black color which arises when iodine solutions interact with starch. Iodine is grey as a solid and violet as a gas,

Yes that must be terribly frustrating.

Sith Happens
30 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

People who are always late for things, and by that I mean consistently late for everything.

You'd think if people could manage to be exactly 10 minutes late every time, they could manage to be consistently on time just as easily.

I know one or two like this, its rude actually, it shows they think their time is more important than yours.

4 hours ago, McRamFan said:

People who get chemistry wrong...The triiodide ion is responsible for the well-known blue-black color which arises when iodine solutions interact with starch. Iodine is grey as a solid and violet as a gas,

We made nitrogen triiodide in chemistry nearly 50 years ago. Wouldn't be allowed to now.

13 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

The moaning that goes on when someone calls us County. We have county-wide support (sorry Chesterfield), and county is in our name. Why it's so hated I don't know.

Gwaaaarn Caaannty.

I don't understand why people would want to refer to us as County. There is only one Derby so it would not be confused with another team, Derby is shorter to write than County, we hardly refer to the County part of our name (how many songs do we actually say County?)

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

I don't understand why people would want to refer to us as County. There is only one Derby so it would not be confused with another team, Derby is shorter to write than County, we hardly refer to the County part of our name (how many songs do we actually say County?)

Carn the mighty Newport.

Edited by scarboroughwa

Sith Happens
23 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I am fed up of Ch5 doing documenteries on benifit cheats and stuff like that. I was watching some last night and I suddenly thought why don't they do one on tax evaders they could call it can pay but won't pay. 

Anyone who cheats the system, or doesnt pay tax when they should I agree....

I include small business in that too not just the big businesses that are reported to evade tax. Your roofers/builders who want cash in hand to avoid VAT etc, or people who dont put 'everything' through the books.

I know some that do and their excuse is 'everyone' does it. I don't - i no doubt have to pay more tax because of those that dont pay what they should.

52 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Anyone who cheats the system, or doesnt pay tax when they should I agree....

I include small business in that too not just the big businesses that are reported to evade tax. Your roofers/builders who want cash in hand to avoid VAT etc, or people who dont put 'everything' through the books.

I know some that do and their excuse is 'everyone' does it. I don't - i no doubt have to pay more tax because of those that dont pay what they should.

Too right. I just think it is easy for these TV companies to target the less educated people who have got nothing. Yet there are people out there that are living the good life and fiddling the system just as bad or even worse if you ask me because they can afford to pay the tax they just don't want to. 

1 hour ago, Gritters said:

I am fed up of Ch5 doing documenteries on benifit cheats and stuff like that. I was watching some last night and I suddenly thought why don't they do one on tax evaders they could call it can pay but won't pay. 

How about doing one, not on benefit cheats, but on those who have no intention of ever getting off their fat lardy @rse.

Sith Happens
3 hours ago, scarboroughwa said:

How about doing one, not on benefit cheats, but on those who have no intention of ever getting off their fat lardy @rse.

Well they do, wasnt benefit street that sort of thing?

Many will argue they want to work, and of course I am sure many do.

My problem is I know people, as do I guess most people, who could work but dont because 'they arent fit to work'. The old friend of my sister who couldnt work because he had a bad back, but could do 'cash in hand' work requiring him to get under a car, or up a ladder no problem at all.

The friend of another relative who put stones in his shoes when visitng the doctors for a sick note.

When I was unemployed last year and having to go to various 'job seeking classes', interview skills etc...all group sessions, the chap who said 'I wont get a job because of my heart condition', i said to him if you feel you can do the job you dont have to tell them you know...his response was to totally ignore that and say again well they wont give me a job because of my condition... you just knew what he really meant was im telling them so they dont offer me the job.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

When I was unemployed last year and having to go to various 'job seeking classes', interview skills etc...all group sessions, the chap who said 'I wont get a job because of my heart condition', i said to him if you feel you can do the job you dont have to tell them you know...his response was to totally ignore that and say again well they wont give me a job because of my condition... you just knew what he really meant was im telling them so they dont offer me the job.

had a situation a few years back when interviewing for "warehouse pickers" when I was at Bombardier. Bloke sends in CV with covering letter saying he'd been off work for a couple of years following a stroke, but had made a "full recovery". I invited him to interview, his experience was impressive and I wanted some mature staff in the warehouse.

When he turned up, I went through the role and he said "Oh no, I cannot do that (picking crimps, screws, nuts, clips etc), I have no feeling or senses in my fingertips!". I said "why have you applied and attended the interview? the job spec was pretty clear!", he said "I was hoping for some forklift work or something!". I felt bad for him, but explained there was about 20 minutes worth of FLT work a day.

When telling a mate in the pub, he knew the geezer and said that it was to say he attended an interview and get his allowance.

2 hours ago, swansea ram said:

They're just wanna be BMW drivers.

Yea but not those crappy old 1990's 3 series ones that have been lowered with a loud farty exhaust...no! Not even at "park and pose".

Edited by TimRam

Ordering a medium rare steak, receiving a rubbery bloody rare one and then after notifying the waiter, having the manager come over and explain to me that after checking with the cook it had been deducted that the steak was in fact medium rare and not rare, but and here is the punchline, she still believed me.  That's one place i won't have to visit again.