Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

9 hours ago, 1of4 said:

People who post on other threads about things that annoy them instead of posting on this thread, like the idiot who posted on the traffic this morning thread.

Didn't think it had annoyed him so why put it in a thread about things that annoy you?

Posters who don't read threads properly.

Sith Happens

Talking of traffic annoying. Its so annoying when you drive back from Luton on a Sunday morning. Have no problems, hit Derby after barely 1 hour 20 minuted, get to near Morrison's in derby and hit total grid lock meaning it takes me a further 45 mins to get home having to turn around and find a different route.

Add to that the shocking driving I saw on my journey which can only make congestion worse....so many middle lane hoggers then a few flashing lights on the opposite carriageway with a lorry pulled over onto the hard shoulder..so no actual lanes blocked...but so many drivers think oh lights let's slow down and have a look...I logged 3 miles of very slow moving traffic in the opposite direction just because people can't mind their own business.

6 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Didn't think it had annoyed him so why put it in a thread about things that annoy you?

Posters who don't read threads properly.

Yes it did annoy him, I know that because I was the poster being annoyed about parking in parking spaces for children.

Not so much annoying as rather sad and disturbing ... The apps that change your face in photos, via minor distortions and reforming. Not as a joke but seriously. 

My niece does it and it seems most of her friends and contemporaries seem to as well.  Thinning out faces, making eyes bigger, airbrushed skin and then they put them on Facebook like "this is me" There is something slightly creepy about it. Bothers me that so many seem unhappy with their own faces and it goes beyond just a bit of slap and wanting to look your best which we all do.  :ermm:

or am I Just an old goat ? 

Sith Happens
57 minutes ago, jono said:

Not so much annoying as rather sad and disturbing ... The apps that change your face in photos, via minor distortions and reforming. Not as a joke but seriously. 

My niece does it and it seems most of her friends and contemporaries seem to as well.  Thinning out faces, making eyes bigger, airbrushed skin and then they put them on Facebook like "this is me" There is something slightly creepy about it. Bothers me that so many seem unhappy with their own faces and it goes beyond just a bit of slap and wanting to look your best which we all do.  :ermm:

or am I Just an old goat ? 

For me its a normal camera...i look like brad pitt normally, but take a picture and i suddently turn into george formby.

People's obsession of reading and watching celebrity news, especially shows such as TMZ, similar blogs, etc.

'OMG did you hear who such and such is dating' Or 'Can't believe they did that'. On and on.

I just watch their movies,shows, etc and really don't care to know about their personal lives tbh.

41 minutes ago, AmericanRam said:

People's obsession of reading and watching celebrity news, especially shows such as TMZ, similar blogs, etc.

'OMG did you hear who such and such is dating' Or 'Can't believe they did that'. On and on.

I just watch their movies,shows, etc and really don't care to know about their personal lives tbh.

I know what you mean. There are music bands that I've listened to and bought most of their output for 30 years - but I can't remember the guys' names let alone any personsal details about them. I like the music but I'm not bothered about getting to know the individuals.

The number of parking spaces set aside for the disabled.  Yes, of course there has to be some, and I know that quite often it doesn't matter because there's plenty of other spaces, but I'm sick of driving around half empty car parks looking for a space.

The Tesco in Ilson seems to have about 100 spaces for blue badge holders and another 100 parent and child spaces.

FFS! It's a feckin'  supermarket not bleedin' Lourdes.

On 27/03/2017 at 12:33, Heisenberg said:

Jesse Lingard, or any footballer in general who does this **** in training or after they've scored a goal. Gets on my tits.

A spokesperson for Vauxhall insisted this week their decision to end their association with the home international teams was not influenced by a footballer behaving like a bozo while having their brand emblazoned across his chest and the timing was purely coincidental. ;)

5 hours ago, Grimbeard said:

The number of parking spaces set aside for the disabled.  Yes, of course there has to be some, and I know that quite often it doesn't matter because there's plenty of other spaces, but I'm sick of driving around half empty car parks looking for a space.

The Tesco in Ilson seems to have about 100 spaces for blue badge holders and another 100 parent and child spaces.

They probably thought if they put 100 there, there might actually be a few left for the disabled/ parents with young children that actually need them.

Sith Happens
57 minutes ago, Ewetube said:

They probably thought if they put 100 there, there might actually be a few left for the disabled/ parents with young children that actually need them.

6 hours ago, Grimbeard said:

I agree with not of you. There does seem in some placed to be a disproportionate amount of disabled spaces.

Then you do see selfish gits using them who shouldn't. 

There should be a rule if you use a disabled spot without a blue badge anyone is allowed to throw a brick through your windscreen.

11 hours ago, Grimbeard said:

There's never anywhere near enough parent spaces in supermarket car parks.  In my experience, the ratio is normally 70-30 in favour of disabled spaces.  Surely there's more young families shopping than ode gits nowadays...

12 hours ago, Grimbeard said:

that's because the rising number of fake Motability vehicles currently on our roads, they are catering for the masses.