Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

23 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Ha - i do have a convertible but it has to be like 20 degrees before i will have the roof down.

Ha ha ha! I have the roof open during summer for obvious reasons. I also have it open in winter because it's usually quite dark in the mornings which makes me sleepy so keeping it open keeps me ventilated. If it's not dark in winter then the sun is usually quite close and bright which makes me warm and makes me end up opening the roof again to keep me cool. I basically have it open all year round. :D I don't play annoying loud music though.

A Tory leadership candidate using the phrase "Speaking as a mother".

It always has been, is and always will be a euphemism for "Speaking out of my backside".

I never thought that I would ever favour Theresa May over anything - a dead slug would be preferable - but Andrea Loathsome will win and become Prime Minister because she has the backing of the equally obnoxious Blue Rinse Brigade.

Rather than post this in the Brexit thread, currency rip-offs.

There are newspaper headlines about 'Fury at holiday money sharks'. However, taking what is ostensibly a fair example,M & S are quoting rates that give them an 11% trading profit. Does it really cost them that much to deal?

£100 would buy you €114.76. Sell the €114.76 back to them and you'd get a princely £88.92.

8 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

There are newspaper headlines about 'Fury at holiday money sharks'. However, taking what is ostensibly a fair example,M & S are quoting rates that give them an 11% trading profit. Does it really cost them that much to deal?

£100 would buy you €114.76. Sell the €114.76 back to them and you'd get a princely £88.92.

Having just returned from a holiday in Ireland, I know exactly what that's about.

1 hour ago, Phoenix said:

I just save my left-over Euros for my next trip abroad.

47 minutes ago, Ewetube said:

I just save my left-over Euros for my next trip abroad.

Left-over Euros?

What are they? Unspent beer tokens - does...not...compute....

Some more gentle Sunday afternoon rage whilst I wait for the dinner to cook...

Feminism - no duck, it's not because you have a c**t, it's because you are a c**t.

Pokémon Go - really, grow up. It was great when we were 9, but it's 2016, it's more cringeworthy than going to the cinema to see Finding Dory without your own kids and then tweeting the obvious ******** of how you had to push 4 year old girls out of the way.

Realising I'll never being able to achieve the dream position of food critic for a broadsheet Sunday newspaper.

This weird "it's okay to be anti-white people" sentiment that seems to be accepted by the media/London types, just because some white people have done some horrible things. And "white privilege". What the hell does that even mean to real people?

Tennis - it's just rubbish isn't it?

Sturgeon.

Office conversations where you get caught in a discussion with someone twice your age about what kind of cheese grater they prefer, and how they had a great weekend camping in Cumbria.

Baked beans on a full English served in a separate bowl.

Predictable language complaint here, but the non-word "turnt". Sick, dope, hype, peng, I can almost live with those, but that word goes right through me. No kid who says that will cure cancer that's for sure.

The unfathomable disappearance of Timeout bars from corner shops.

The unfathomable disappearance of the corner shop. Replaced by a Tesco Express or Sainsbury's Local, staffed by the slack jawed, and inhabited by 30 year olds in tracksuit bottoms buying lasagne for one and 2 loose cans of Carlsberg export.

I'm really not a bitter/angry person in real life I promise.

11 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Feminism - no duck, it's not because you have a c**t, it's because you are a c**t.

Pokémon Go - really, grow up. It was great when we were 9, but it's 2016, it's more cringeworthy than going to the cinema to see Finding Dory without your own kids and then tweeting the obvious ******** of how you had to push 4 year old girls out of the way.

Realising I'll never being able to achieve the dream position of food critic for a broadsheet Sunday newspaper.

This weird "it's okay to be anti-white people" sentiment that seems to be accepted by the media/London types, just because some white people have done some horrible things. And "white privilege". What the hell does that even mean to real people?

Sturgeon.

Office conversations where you get caught in a discussion with someone twice your age about what kind of cheese grater they prefer, and how they had a great weekend camping in Cumbria.

Predictable language complaint here, but the non-word "turnt". Sick, dope, hype, peng, I can almost live with those, but that word goes right through me. No kid who says that will cure cancer that's for sure.

The unfathomable disappearance of the corner shop. Replaced by a Tesco Express or Sainsbury's Local, staffed by the slack jawed, and inhabited by 30 year olds in tracksuit bottoms buying lasagne for one and 2 loose cans of Carlsberg export.

Is that the fish or the jimmy krankie lookalike from north of the border?

Sith Happens
23 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Sturgeon.

Have a beer and chill.

6 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Pokémon Go - really, grow up. It was great when we were 9, but it's 2016, 

I don't disagree with you, but the argument of "it's the current year" has become a bit of a joke online that is heavily associated with feminism, largely as a result of Canada's nutty feminist prime minster.

1 minute ago, MB (Wolfie) said:

One of my colleages says "I'm not even kidding" in virtually every sentence. It's driving me insane today.......

Respond to everything they say with "are you kidding?". 

Cosmetics/Toiletries/Household cleaning products TV ads which are badly dubbed into English.

If 65m population isn't a big enough market for you to spend a few quid getting English speaking actors to play the roles, then I'm not going to give you any of my cash!. It's just lazy and insulting of the manufacturers, who must think we don't notice or we do notice but they don't care. Either way it's annoying.