New singing section confirmed

RiddingsRam

I always think the banter between 2 sets of opposing Fans causes the atmosphere, If this is moved that far over for me it will not work. 

Too far away from the Oppositions supporters. There is no Banter there and if we are not playing well it's hard to get the signing going. If you look at the Cardiff game they were giving us some Banter and when we scored we gave it back and the atmosphere was built from there. I think it's a shame as the idea behind it is Brilliant I just believe it has to be next to the away fans. 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, YouRams said:

Good idea but wrong end of the SS! Be better next to away fans. Could do with one in east corner too.

for fans yes, for club no, will be easier to sell tickets that are more central on a match by match basis, only downside for club is the anglo saxon nature of the singing which will be a challenge for our more discerning customers in the west stand...

2 hours ago, loweman2 said:

I hope that the din doesn't start to infiltrate the west stand middle section !!

might have to ask for some ear defenders to go with the rug, the coffee, the slippers and the blanket !!

please think of others when causing a commotion !!

Too busy eating my sandwiches in the West stand to notice any football, let alone singing!

why dont we try that announcer bloke drumming up the fans every game with his decibel counter, then ALL the stands could be singing stands....then again i'd rather hear all the versus to Steve Bloomers watching to get me in the mood ....lord above its sad ....

30 minutes ago, WestLondonRam said:

I always think the banter between 2 sets of opposing Fans causes the atmosphere, If this is moved that far over for me it will not work. 

Too far away from the Oppositions supporters. There is no Banter there and if we are not playing well it's hard to get the signing going. If you look at the Cardiff game they were giving us some Banter and when we scored we gave it back and the atmosphere was built from there. I think it's a shame as the idea behind it is Brilliant I just believe it has to be next to the away fans. 

I've not had a ST in the SS for a couple of years now but previously the block closest to the away fans were the only block trying to get the atmosphere going at all times so I don't think the positioning of this new singing section will be that much of an issue, that block will always be decent. The issue used to be that the rest of the SS wouldn't join in so putting a section at both corners of it should help IMO. 

Good on yer to those trying to improve things. Classic DCFC fans really, we moan about it all year and when someone tries to improve it we shoot them down. Get on board with it. ?

31 minutes ago, bucktwo said:

for fans yes, for club no, will be easier to sell tickets that are more central on a match by match basis, only downside for club is the anglo saxon nature of the singing which will be a challenge for our more discerning customers in the west stand...

Hey us in the South West Upper Lunatic Fringe do our bit and WE'RE NOT THE WEST STAND!!!!!!!!

8 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Mis-read that as new swinging section - thought that was a bit OTT even for the South Stand....

Just put your keys in the bowl in the middle stall in the gents, then go home with a random DCFCfans Moderator, just be discreet when you start your "lift home from Hull" thread the next day...

Hopefully will help spread the noise so that the South West can hear what is being sung, as they do tend to join in when a song carries that far.

Bit next to the away fans is always going to be good, so why not spread the love?

This has been tried at the top of the North stand, you could hardly hear them and nobody bothered joining in when they used to try to get a chant going.

Anyway the yellow square is in the wrong place, it should be near the away fans so we can mock and abuse them.

1 hour ago, one_chop said:

This has been tried at the top of the North stand, you could hardly hear them and nobody bothered joining in when they used to try to get a chant going.

Anyway the yellow square is in the wrong place, it should be near the away fans so we can mock and abuse them.

I really miss those guys - we did used to join in (well, I  did!)

14 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I like it to be near north east corner I am east stand but near there.

I’d of thought the south stand would suit you B4 amoungst other load singing supporters?

15 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I've not had a ST in the SS for a couple of years now but previously the block closest to the away fans were the only block trying to get the atmosphere going at all times so I don't think the positioning of this new singing section will be that much of an issue, that block will always be decent. The issue used to be that the rest of the SS wouldn't join in so putting a section at both corners of it should help IMO. 

Good on yer to those trying to improve things. Classic DCFC fans really, we moan about it all year and when someone tries to improve it we shoot them down. Get on board with it. ?

Haven't shot anyone down.. 

I think it's a brilliant Idea as I said in my comment. I just think the club should help to position it where it gets the most effect. 

Archived