New singing section confirmed

RiddingsRam

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im a bit on the fence about it, I think its a step in the right direction but the positioning of its a bit strange. Im aware its not easy to organise something like this with the club so hats off to them for actually getting something sorted. Hopefully it will galvanise that side of SS and get more people joining in from the west stand. Will be looking forward to some old BBG chants instead of the cut & paste ****!

It's not a "bad" idea, but the timing seems a bit off. The South Stand is fairly well established now, fans have their seats and most have renewed with only 245 available across the entire upper stand.

The clubs website is a bit funky at the minute with select seats not working, but shows just 80 seats available in that block, not sure how many of those will be individual seats, or pairs which won't allow for groups of singers to move across.

It's also right at the end of the stand next to the SW, miles from the away fans. 

Ideally it should be central or closer to the away, but as I say the South Stand is fairly well established now and people have their seats so it's going to be really difficult to assign any block as the singing block, also wasn't the idea that the entire stand was a singing area, moving away from the SE corner with limited seats?

Just to add that anyone/group that takes the initiative to try and improve the atmosphere should be applauded, not knocking them at all, hopefully those 80 seats are taken up by those that want to get involved.

4 minutes ago, David said:

It's not a "bad" idea, but the timing seems a bit off. The South Stand is fairly well established now, fans have their seats and most have renewed with only 245 available across the entire upper stand.

The clubs website is a bit funky at the minute with select seats not working, but shows just 80 seats available in that block, not sure how many of those will be individual seats, or pairs which won't allow for groups of singers to move across.

It's also right at the end of the stand next to the SW, miles from the away fans. 

Ideally it should be central or closer to the away, but as I say the South Stand is fairly well established now and people have their seats so it's going to be really difficult to assign any block as the singing block, also wasn't the idea that the entire stand was a singing area, moving away from the SE corner with limited seats?

Just to add that anyone/group that takes the initiative to try and improve the atmosphere should be applauded, not knocking them at all, hopefully those 80 seats are taken up by those that want to get involved.

Apparently 50 so far are relocating from other areas of the south stand. 

"Confirmed"? Looks fan-driven to me (not suggesting that's a bad thing). Just wonder if the club have given the nod.

Also, Twitter bio: "A group of lads trying to bring back the famous atmosphere that we had at pride park."

Was it?! ?

1 minute ago, uttoxram75 said:

Nowt wrong with the atmosphere against Cardiff...

Indeed.

But unfortunately not every game is a Boro, Forest, Cardiff etc with something riding on it. Lets be honest there were limbs all around the stadium!

Point very much proven when Brentford came.

My thoughts on this...

Absolute fantastic what these guys are doing. Surprised me some what of the negativity particularly on twitter but then again to be in the cool club you have to be negative or says its cringe or embarrassing or whatever ... I get that, I really do. Its unfortunate that these things have to be on social media but the idea and concept is no different to a group of lads being down the pub such as the Baseball Hotel for example and saying, hey lads, shall we move all together in the C stand or popside next year and get it rocking? There is no difference. The only difference is how its portrayed. Not a fan of social media in times like this I am afraid.

What the guys are doing is fab. Getting like minded fans together. The proof in the pudding will not be games against Forest or Cardiff but for it to be a catalyst for every game at Pride Park when the likes of Brentford come. I get the issue of being near the away fans but its not possible on this occasion for them to be together. One of the things we did was bring the away fans more towards the East Stand so the entire south stand could see what they were doing so this does counter that somewhat.

Going forward for when safe standing does come in and I have no doubt it will be the South Stand I would like to think that this group will have grown in numbers and statue which will allow them to start afresh and in bigger numbers and be more central.

For me the South Stand is very good for Derby. I know fans moan from time to time when results haven't gone our way and we need something or someone to blame (switches between Keogh and South Stand in fairness!) but looking around the country we are up there. Said it before and will say it again, perhaps the 2 trial matches against Forest and Brighton led us to a serious expectation that it would be rocking each and every week but unfortunately the English culture is not quite there yet, unless of course everyone has had a fair few to drink!

Keep up the top work guys and look forward to seeing some more flags and displays as well.

The acoustics of our ground mean that actually the corners are the loudest parts of the stadium so probably the best play you could hope to have for starting the chants with the rest of the south stand joining in when things are not dour!

I've got no problem with this and hope it works and improves the atmosphere.

Personally I'll be staying in D block and will continue to try and help improve the atmosphere from there, hopefully we can get the rest of the ground to join in and not just slag off the south stand when the atmosphere is a bit flat.

2 hours ago, therams69 said:

My thoughts on this...

Absolute fantastic what these guys are doing. Surprised me some what of the negativity particularly on twitter but then again to be in the cool club you have to be negative or says its cringe or embarrassing or whatever ... I get that, I really do. Its unfortunate that these things have to be on social media but the idea and concept is no different to a group of lads being down the pub such as the Baseball Hotel for example and saying, hey lads, shall we move all together in the C stand or popside next year and get it rocking? There is no difference. The only difference is how its portrayed. Not a fan of social media in times like this I am afraid.

What the guys are doing is fab. Getting like minded fans together. The proof in the pudding will not be games against Forest or Cardiff but for it to be a catalyst for every game at Pride Park when the likes of Brentford come. I get the issue of being near the away fans but its not possible on this occasion for them to be together. One of the things we did was bring the away fans more towards the East Stand so the entire south stand could see what they were doing so this does counter that somewhat.

Going forward for when safe standing does come in and I have no doubt it will be the South Stand I would like to think that this group will have grown in numbers and statue which will allow them to start afresh and in bigger numbers and be more central.

For me the South Stand is very good for Derby. I know fans moan from time to time when results haven't gone our way and we need something or someone to blame (switches between Keogh and South Stand in fairness!) but looking around the country we are up there. Said it before and will say it again, perhaps the 2 trial matches against Forest and Brighton led us to a serious expectation that it would be rocking each and every week but unfortunately the English culture is not quite there yet, unless of course everyone has had a fair few to drink!

Keep up the top work guys and look forward to seeing some more flags and displays as well.

Spot on!

The reaction these guys are getting is pathetic, but sadly, expected from my experience, and one of the reasons I don't really do the 1884 stuff anymore, just not worth the hassle from the "cool" kids.

Derby "suffers" from having so many season ticket holders, there is nowhere to dedicate a whole block to something like this, so they have to take wherever is available.

I hope it is a success, id love to get the whole south stand singing, its a lot better than people seem to give it credit for.

3 hours ago, therams69 said:

My thoughts on this...

Got no problem with them doing all this..... I had my run ins at the start on twitter, where they were mocking folk who went early etc (Leeds game) and that the equaliser was the fans who stay “loyal” deserved it more than those who went early. They did block me originally for me pointing out that they are trying to say some fans are better than others etc. I did say you can’t alienate no one. So will take what you say saying it’s “cool” to be negative etc with a pinch of salt when they reacted like this. However will admit that they had only just started the campaign etc to do something and put it down to experience! They seem to have got their act together and I’m all for them to succeed..... they even messaged me asking about what I thought even after blocking.

Hope it goes well. 

I hope that the din doesn't start to infiltrate the west stand middle section !!

might have to ask for some ear defenders to go with the rug, the coffee, the slippers and the blanket !!

please think of others when causing a commotion !!

10 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Got no problem with them doing all this..... I had my run ins at the start on twitter, where they were mocking folk who went early etc (Leeds game) and that the equaliser was the fans who stay “loyal” deserved it more than those who went early. They did block me originally for me pointing out that they are trying to say some fans are better than others etc. I did say you can’t alienate no one. So will take what you say saying it’s “cool” to be negative etc with a pinch of salt when they reacted like this. However will admit that they had only just started the campaign etc to do something and put it down to experience! They seem to have got their act together and I’m all for them to succeed..... they even messaged me asking about what I thought even after blocking.

Hope it goes well. 

Get your point Mafia but a lot of what is said on social media can be twisted when you don't actually hear it yourself in person and many do get offended over social media as opposed to in person.

I got their point on that Leeds game. They were frustrated and you can see where they were coming from. I wasn't there as was on holiday but can imagine everyone leaving and believe me it does have an impact on the players. That's another discussion though but I don't think for 1 minute it was meant to come across as "we are better than you" etc etc ...

Good you are touching base together though. With something like this you don't have to be in it to support it mind.

Hope it goes really well for them.

Archived