Aston Villa F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

4 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Right, yeah I see, mind looking at boro at pp I would be suprised if Millwall could beat them but if boro would rather Millwall were in the playoffs over Derby then they might just have a shocker?

Even If that happened Derby would bein playoffs with a win against Barnsley 

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

A Millwall win puts Derby in 5th, Boro 6th and Millwall 7th. All teams will be on 72 points. They’re in no position to be picking and choosing who else they want to be in the top six, will have to be well up for it themselves to secure their own place.

Ok, I suppose relying on other results isn’t the way forward anyways. But agree with a lot of posters as this morning I would’ve taken a point, but can’t help being disappointed not to get all 3

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Point will do if we don’t bottle it next weekend. Don’t get why we always sit back quite so much, that goal was coming cause we didn’t have an outlet. Some heroic defending beforehand tho, especially from Forsyth and Davies.

Perhaps if we hadn't sat back, there wouldn't have been anyone there to perform the heroic defending. I don't think it's a conscious decision to sit back - you are naturally forced back because of pressure and the need to 'man the pumps'.

1 minute ago, BuckoBeast said:

Probably end up getting Fulham in the play offs if we get in there then. The last team we’d want out of the others 

Got to beat two of them.  Its a lottery.

let's get there and see what happens...

1 minute ago, BuckoBeast said:

Probably end up getting Fulham in the play offs if we get in there then. The last team we’d want out of the others 

Anything can happen in the playoffs ,in the three I've seen with Derby the footballing team lost every time .

Good solid point, villa are a very good team especially at home, would have took a point before hand, 4 points in the last 2 games is a VERY good return, Curtis outstanding again, my player of the season, if we get into the play offs I would class that as a very good first full season under Gary. And well done to Gary for changing the system in the last few games, we look a better team for it.

3 minutes ago, eddie said:

Perhaps if we hadn't sat back, there wouldn't have been anyone there to perform the heroic defending. I don't think it's a conscious decision to sit back - you are naturally forced back because of pressure and the need to 'man the pumps'.

It’s very true of course when you play against a team of the quality of villa- but we didn’t need absolutely everyone back, especially at set pieces. It’s counter intuitive as we can’t get out, not saying we don’t need more men back of course we do, but Jerome and Vydra don’t need to camped in our own final third as well.

Pleased with the effort defensively though, we didn’t really make any errors which is good, goal was unlucky but we’d had our share of luck tbf!

13 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Point will do if we don’t bottle it next weekend. Don’t get why we always sit back quite so much, that goal was coming cause we didn’t have an outlet. Some heroic defending beforehand tho, especially from Forsyth and Davies.

We didn't sit back. We were working our backsides off but just couldn't get the ball off them. It reminded me very much of the Brentford away game in September when we also had only about 25 % of the possession.

Hopefully we will have more of the ball against Barnsley so that we can do something creative with it, and we won't have a clueless, terrified looking Albentosa like we had in that fateful game against Reading when we bottled it.

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Anything can happen in the playoffs ,in the three I've seen with Derby the footballing team lost every time .

Certainly, West Brom were a better team than us, and we were better than QPR. But as you say anything can happen.

We werent even as good as Southampton in 2007 and we managed to beat them in the semis.

15 minutes ago, Waffle said:

If Boro beat Millwall then all we need is a point 

Not gonna be that simple though. Millwall usually do good at Boro and could well win, meaning all three of us will need to win next sunday to be in playoffs.

Archived