Aston Villa F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Serves us right for being so negative. I hope people don’t assume that we will beat Barnsley next week and that it will be a walk in the park. The Forest result aside, they have been playing better than us recently and they will be fighting to stay up. That can easily be a draw if we don’t concentrate 

A draw would suffice, no?

PistoldPete2
1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Serves us right for being so negative. I hope people don’t assume that we will beat Barnsley next week and that it will be a walk in the park. The Forest result aside, they have been playing better than us recently and they will be fighting to stay up. That can easily be a draw if we don’t concentrate 

Fact is if millwall lose tonight we probs won’t need to beat Barnsley will we , or have I got that wrong

Just now, TigerTedd said:

If millwall beat middlesborough, we’ll be 5th on goal difference, but with 3 teams in 72pts. Anyone of us could miss out. Would be quite funny if it ends up being middlesborough who miss out. 

Alternatively if boro do us a favour and take something off millwall a draw vs barnsley should see us in the playoffs.

Sith Happens

Seriously don't get some of the negative comments on here, a draw is a great result today, yes its a blow when you lead for such a long time but still.

Don't see that we were negative, we were pinned back. We tried to get forward when we could, and our counter attacks were superb, especially first half.

1 minute ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Fact is if millwall lose tonight we probs won’t need to beat Barnsley will we , or have I got that wrong

Preston are only 2 pts behind us now. Brentford are out of the running though I think. So yes.

Sith Happens
Just now, PistoldPete2 said:

Depends on Preston.

If Millwall lose then a draw will do us.

Wanted a point beforehand, got it so fair play to the players and manager in that respect. 

Disappointed we didn't build on Tuesdays performance though, we did in the first 30 but then surrendered the pitch and ball again. Lucky to get anything in the end but we'll take it.  

PistoldPete2
Just now, Paul71 said:

Depends on Preston.

If Millwall lose then a draw will do us.

Oh I see .. someone mentioned Preston I hadn’t twigged

Sith Happens
Just now, PistoldPete2 said:

Oh I see .. someone mentioned Preston I hadn’t twigged

Think they are losing to Burton next week so will be ok anyway.

Archived