Aston Villa F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

20 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Except thorne was injured so couldn't train either .. Pearce should be fit and raring to go, also he's a defender so doesn't have to cover much ground although oddly he did turn up on the wing at one point in the villa game. Maybe that gave him a nosebleed and he had to come off.

I mostly agree with this but still think there is a big difference between training everyday and being match fit. I can only think of one example of a player in our squad being able to make that transition smoothly and that is Joe Ledley when he first came and I think he's the exception and not the rule.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I mostly agree with this but still think there is a big difference between training everyday and being match fit. I can only think of one example of a player in our squad being able to make that transition smoothly and that is Joe Ledley when he first came and I think he's the exception and not the rule.

Paul McGrath was unbelievable no knees, hardly able to train and what a player .Mind you he had more ability than any of the current squad. 

1 hour ago, curb said:

Passing to a white shirt would be nice, yes, but I guess that's out of our price range. 

For goodness sake Villa had won 3 on the bounce and we had a tough game Tuesday. 

I guess some people will always pick fault 

We’ve got a lock up full of away kits to shift, get the players to advertise them in the hope people will think “I’m going straight down to the megastore first thing tomorrow morning to buy that attractive away kit we wore at Villa today” 

6 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

?Maybe it was those fans on forums, coupled with games running out that gave him food for thought. Who knows ?

Was meant as a bit of a fun joke post 

21 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

We’ve got a lock up full of away kits to shift, get the players to advertise them in the hope people will think “I’m going straight down to the megastore first thing tomorrow morning to buy that attractive away kit we wore at Villa today” 

TVs, deep freeze and David Bowie LPs too?

3 hours ago, King Kevin said:

Paul McGrath was unbelievable no knees, hardly able to train and what a player .Mind you he had more ability than any of the current squad. 

For the short time he played with us he was absolutely magnificent.

I'd have him up there with Igor, Roy Mac and Ooo Mark Wright, he was that good.

I can remember reading a match report that went something like this: 'Paul McGrath limped off the pitch at the end, not because of his knees but because he had the opposition striker in his back pocket for 90-minutes'

5 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

For the short time he played with us he was absolutely magnificent.

I'd have him up there with Igor, Roy Mac and Ooo Mark Wright, he was that good.

I can remember reading a match report that went something like this: 'Paul McGrath limped off the pitch at the end, not because of his knees but because he had the opposition striker in his back pocket for 90-minutes'

He played when we beat Manure 3-2 at their pace (the Wanchope goal) and his post match interview was brilliant.

" We tought it would be very tough and they would come at us and it was and they scored two goals. But we scored tree goals." ?

9 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

You've a lock up full of hi-vis vests?

21 hours ago, curtains said:

For goodness sake Villa had won 3 on the bounce and we had a tough game Tuesday. 

I guess some people will always pick fault 

Come off it. They're a very good side in some good form but we should be able to string a few passes together to give the defence a break from constant bombardment. Jesus we're a play off rival not relegation fodder... 

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

Come off it. They're a very good side in some good form but we should be able to string a few passes together to give the defence a break from constant bombardment. Jesus we're a play off rival not relegation fodder... 

Why always see the negative.

Do you think Brian Cloughs sides never sat back and defended ever 

Archived