Aston Villa F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Good result. Disappointing to concede so late but who wouldn't have taken a point from this, especially from the dark place we were a week ago?

It's a very good point but a little worrying ahead of the play offs (if we make it). If we manage to take a lead into the 2nd leg I really hope we don't try and just defend it for the whole game like we did the 1-0 lead today

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We’re ending the day in the top six regardless. If Boro avoid defeat vs Millwall then we’ll only need a point against Barnsley to guarantee it. Can only see that as a successful day regardless of the late goal.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, one_chop said:

Didn't we need a draw at home to Reading a few years ago to qualify for the playoffs?

We are in the same boat again.

I bet if you won a million on the lottery you would complain it wasnt 2 million.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

I’m not concerned about games like these and the Cardiff games as they look after themselves as the players will be up for it. Gary needs to make 100% sure that the players don’t think that they can beat Barnsley just by turning up.

Only will need a draw if Boro draw against Millwall later today 

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I’m not concerned about games like these and the Cardiff games as they look after themselves as the players will be up for it. Gary needs to make 100% sure that the players don’t think that they can beat Barnsley just by turning up.

So you keep saying......zzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Sith Happens
Just now, A Ram for All Seasons said:

That was the most hard-working performance I have seen (on legal German feed) this season.

Must have been different in German, cause according to loads on here it was a **** performance.

Great point - and whatever happens later it is in our own hands..

I still dont like the way he goes so negative when we get a lead..but at least there are no excuses for us this season - if we fail next week it will be down to us ...

I hope he has a long hard think before the play-offs because it looks like we will play Fulham and we will have no chance if we just hope to park the bus for 180 long minutes - we will need to get on the front foot and give them plenty to worry about..

Some many fascinating permutations in this league now. 

Reading playing Cardiff next week. So there’s no scenario where Cardiff end 3rd, reading go down and burton stay up. 

But it would be funny to see reading go down. Can’t see them getting anything at Cardiff next week after missing 4-0 today. So that’s probably that for Cardiff. But stranger things have happened. 

If Millwall draw or lose, we only need to draw the last game - unless Millwall (in the event of them drawing tonight) or Preston win by 7  or 9 goals respectively.

Just now, curtains said:

Only will need a draw if Boro draw against Millwall later today 

We also only needed a draw against Reading(who weren’t playing for anything) and we know what happened there. Make no mistake, Barnsley will make the game so hard for us as they are fighting to stay up so everyone including the manager, players and fans will need to be 100% for the game with the right attitude.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

A draw is a good result and one I would have been delighted with before the game but they were there for the taking if the manager was braver. 

No, I thought a point might have been enough at Barnsley? But I agree, I would’ve liked us to have a real go at them 2nd half. But I guess the weimann break was the chance. 

Archived