Aston Villa F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

1 minute ago, Parsnip said:

Well then he should've brought on Joe Ledley after they brought on Kodjia like I told him to from my car! Then he might have held on for the win and he'd be tucking into that slow cooked beef ragu right now!

I hope you added some parsnips to that mash topping. ?

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I hope you added some parsnips to that mash topping. ?

Yep, no white potatoes in my mash - carbohydrate free household by order of Mrs Parsnip. Anyway Gary needs to stay in shape for the run in.

4 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Yep, no white potatoes in my mash - carbohydrate free household by order of Mrs Parsnip. Anyway Gary needs to stay in shape for the run in.

Parsnips are pretty high carb. Best get that username changed pronto!

25 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Is sweet potato ok / carb free? That’s what I have in my cottage pie. 

But then I wash it down with Rioja and cheese so sod it ?

It isn't 'brave' to defend for an hour, it's the minimum you would expect from your team. It's brave to keep running off the ball, brave to pass the ball to a teammate and not hoof it anywhere.

We had the win in our hands today, playing really well on the counter attack and making them think before committing players forward. But we gave it up because of this attitude that we don't have to do the basics of marking players, moving off the ball, playing to feet. It's lazy, it's a cop out excuse to think that we can give a team as much possession as they want and they won't score.

I never expected four points from those two games in my wildest dreams, but it feels like two points lost tonight.

1 minute ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Is sweet potato ok / carb free? That’s what I have in my cottage pie. 

But then I wash it down with Rioja and cheese so sod it ?

We have sweet potatoes and root veggies. I also love red wine and cheese. I'm not sure why I'm not allowed potatoes - I eat what I'm told to eat to fit in to 32" jeans. I can't remember what bread tastes like.

I'd have snapped a hand off if offered a point at Villa Park after seeing us play vs Sunderland and Burton. Gritty to hold on, maybe we should have taken 3 points, but I'm happier with the point than I am disappointed. Now let's go seal playoffs and give it our best go.

Too negative ,, will never change ,, got to go 

some of the fans on this forum

Regardless of what happens in the next few weeks if Rowett doesn’t hand Mel a list of energetic, young transfer targets then get him gone. Can’t have a second season of being unable to press (even though that’s how the manager wants to play) because he’s signed geriatrics only. 

Good point yesterday but but lack of bravery was frustrating. We should be able to pass and move with one of the most expensively assembled squads in the ******* league!!! I wouldn’t have minded if their equaliser came from good quality attacking play but it wasn’t. It was from them piling on pressure due to us a) having no energy and b) not having the ability to just play it simple and keep it moving to keep pressure off the defence for short bursts. These points need addressing over the summer. 

PistoldPete2
12 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

On that basis, George Thorne should be super fit as he's hardly played for 2/3 years. ?

Except thorne was injured so couldn't train either .. Pearce should be fit and raring to go, also he's a defender so doesn't have to cover much ground although oddly he did turn up on the wing at one point in the villa game. Maybe that gave him a nosebleed and he had to come off.

1 hour ago, DRBee said:

Blind faithers  will never change  ...... . intolerant of anyone with a different opinion.

And the rest of us in the middle shrug and go “meh”

Archived