Now is the time for Rowett to be brave

Gary keeps calling on his players to be brave, but for me it is he that needs to be brave.

We have 2 games in hand over Millwall in 6th, today's game is massive.

If Rowett can show a more positive set of tactics, steer well clear of Bradley Johnson and Cameron Jerome and somehow get Vydra and Palmer on the same pitch playing in the same half of the pitch we will have half a chance.

The playoffs really are still in our hands thanks to the wonderful run we had.  I will accept failure if i can see that GR and the players have made a real go of it.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Gary keeps calling on his players to be brave, but for me it is he that needs to be brave.

If Rowett can show a more positive set of tactics, steer well clear of Bradley Johnson and Cameron Jerome and somehow get Vydra and Palmer on the same pitch playing in the same half of the pitch we will have half a chance.

The playoffs really are still in our hands thanks to the wonderful run we had.  I will accept failure if i can see that GR and the players have made a real go of it.

Well said.

Dont care who plays, so long as there at least looks like an attacking intent and the players are of a mindset to pass forward, making some movement etc. This defensive set nature, almost statue like passing around, with Vydra almost coming back to the half way line at times is getting to me.

Throw caution to the wind please Gary.

This game is the most crucial so far this season.

3 points today and we're back in the running for 5th/6th.

1 point today and 6th is still possible.

Lose today and we're pretty much out of contention.

We need runners, mobility, quick forward movement and clinical finishing.

We need Palmer to start and to harry the Boro defence and give them no rest, we need Lawrence and Weimann running down the flanks, we need Thorne or Huddlestone (or both?) to set the runners free with clinical passing and we need Vydra and Nugent to do their stuff.  The rest of the team more or less picks itself.

Hopefully GR will show them the highlights from the 3-0 win last year and just say "same again please guys".

My prediction - I wish I could say 3 points but sadly and realistically I think we'll have to scrap for a point, and then the pressure will really be on against Cardiff.

COYR!  Prove me wrong please!

LR2

17 minutes ago, SecretDave said:

I think he might give Luke Thomas a go today. Got a feeling he will do something special... 

Need more than one player out there doing their best. We need a team effort playing with confidence.

Unfortunately, the squad Rowett has built doesn't allow him to be brave. Our midfielders are almost all sitters, and our forwards are almost all guys that like to run in behind. So the only real way he can set the team up is to sit deep and try and break.  We don't have the ball-players, or runners from midfield you need to play attacking football.

what a great chance for the boys today , come out fighting and pushing forward and us fans will be right behind you , got a feeling after last nights result Boro will be happy with a point so when chances are created weve got to be clinical , put to one side whats gone on before and lets support the lads wholeheartedly , its still not too late to turn it around , good luck to Gary and whatever team he picks , COME ON YOU RAMS

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Actually a draw in this one is not dreadful but we need to win the other ones

I don't care how they do it, just win.

Not a single bloody step back all game, winning is everything today.

Time to man up, take responsibilty for your own performance and leave it all on the pitch.

No excuses.

Archived