Rowett to Ipswich

TroyDyer

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised by the reaction. I know he's not the most popular guy in Derby, and I'm not his biggest fan, but even so these seem over the top. 

If he was to leave us now and we got in a manager that didn't live up to expectation then we would be in trouble. 

Rowett leaving now would leave us in a horrible position. Aging squad, not much resale value and not much room in the budget due to ffp. At least, he's getting results. The alternative could well be to do a Sunderland (not to win 4-1 either). 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

Surprised by the reaction. I know he's not the most popular guy in Derby, and I'm not his biggest fan, but even so these seem over the top. 

If he was to leave us now and we got in a manager that didn't live up to expectation then we would be in trouble. 

Rowett leaving now would leave us in a horrible position. Aging squad, not much resale value and not much room in the budget due to ffp. At least, he's getting results. The alternative could well be to do a Sunderland (not to win 4-1 either). 

Actually old bean I think most of us are hoping for an upgrade to sort the clusterfuck out.

Read the Rowett to Stoke thread vs. this one. It just proves that fans will be happy regardless of performances if you win, which is what GR has said himself. How much has the style of play really changed over the season? He's gone from being begged to stay to being offered multiple lifts, and if he does turn it around and drag us up through the play-offs (unlikely but still possible), then he will be transformed back into the messiah. Fickle.

3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Read the Rowett to Stoke thread vs. this one. It just proves that fans will be happy regardless of performances if you win, which is what GR has said himself. How much has the style of play really changed over the season? He's gone from being begged to stay to being offered multiple lifts, and if he does turn it around and drag us up through the play-offs (unlikely but still possible), then he will be transformed back into the messiah. Fickle.

He's spot on and now we ain't winning  we aren't happy.

5 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

He's spot on and now we ain't winning  we aren't happy.

But his style is what is coming under the most criticism - that hasn't changed throughout the season. People who were perfectly happy with it a couple months ago are now baying for blood because of the results. The players get away with an awful lot and a lot of our problems this season are their fault, but GR just seems to take almost all of the blame.

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

But his style is what is coming under the most criticism - that hasn't changed throughout the season. People who were perfectly happy with it a couple months ago are now baying for blood because of the results. The players get away with an awful lot and a lot of our problems this season are their fault, but GR just seems to take almost all of the blame.

Was being a bit flippant sorry , I went away to Wolves and it wasn't just the style [lack of it] if you could call it that .There was no desire ,no movement ,no passion etc it was embarrassing I gather the Burton performance was the same .

Lack of style maybe is forgivable if there is a pattern to the play and effort and they put a shift in, they aint doing that at the moment . 

29 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

And I haven’t even posted my thoughts yet. I’m up to the back teeth with that GCK or whatever his name is crying at everything I post regarding Saint Gary. Might not be able to resist making him howl like a baby later mind. ;)

13 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Was being a bit flippant sorry , I went away to Wolves and it wasn't just the style [lack of it] if you could call it that .There was no desire ,no movement ,no passion etc it was embarrassing I gather the Burton performance was the same .

Lack of style maybe is forgivable if there is a pattern to the play and effort and they put a shift in, they aint doing that at the moment

Recent performances has made it harder to defend GR, but I still feel he's being let down by his players. Regardless of how you're set-up, performances like we've had recently should never happen. They look disinterested and there's something deeper than just GR as the problem at DCFC. This happens every year, regardless of manager, so I just feel that some of the reactions and opinions aimed towards Rowett, not just on this thread alone, are unfair on him.

4 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Recent performances has made it harder to defend GR, but I still feel he's being let down by his players. Regardless of how you're set-up, performances like we've had recently should never happen. They look disinterested and there's something deeper than just GR as the problem at DCFC. This happens every year, regardless of manager, so I just feel that some of the reactions and opinions aimed towards Rowett, not just on this thread alone, are unfair on him.

Fair comment but he's the manager and the buck stops with him .If there's a problem with players get rid ,drop them ,whatever it has to be done.

24 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Can’t put my finger on what that might be tho. This has been suggested on and off for the past few seasons. “Bad apples” etc

if we exclude Carson cos he’s been consistently fine, then half the outfield players in recent games have been Gary Rowett signings this season. 

So whilst you might think eg Baird was likely to be disinterested as he’s probably moving on that doesn’t give the rest any excuse.

if it really was Keogh and martins malign influence then they haven’t been near the team for recent dismal efforts.

35 minutes ago, Kernow said:

He may well be being let down by the players. But GR is also letting himself down IMO. We are being let down by GR and the players.

Archived