Rowett to Ipswich

TroyDyer

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/20/2018 at 08:43, RadioactiveWaste said:

I can see the attraction from the Ipswich side, but would they want him enough to pay Mel's price?

I could've seen it as a good Rowett fit after Brum, but right now would it be a forward career move?

The unless is if this is because behind the scenes things are broken beyond repair and this move would allow everyone to save a bit of face?

Reminds me of when we got Gregory - by all reports he was about to be dumped by Villa but him moving on to us meant no mess and suited all 3 parties at the time.

If we could move Gazza on to Ipswich similarly it would be a decent move for all parties - Rowett could get a long run there and maybe build something slowly, but we need a bit more than that.  

Paul Cook now favourite for Ipswich job.

I’d take him every day of the week, can’t we send Rowett there and have him?

Did an amazing job with Chesterfield and found some great players. Also did a good job at Portsmouth and has now got Wigan promoted.

On 20/04/2018 at 10:25, Andicis said:

As much as I'd love this to be true, there is 0 chance of Ipswich being able to poach anyone from Derby, they've probably got one of the lowest net spends...I'd be delighted if it was. He'd fit right in there. The clogger, hoofball style.

Derby has one of the lowest net spends this year as well. By the clubs own ambition this will be even worse next year with costs cut further and more than likely any remaining valuable players sold off. There are many reasons why he wouldn't want to go to Ipswich, but budget is not one of them - we aren't the high spenders of the division anymore.

10 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Derby has one of the lowest net spends this year as well. By the clubs own ambition this will be even worse next year with costs cut further and more than likely any remaining valuable players sold off. There are many reasons why he wouldn't want to go to Ipswich, but budget is not one of them - we aren't the high spenders of the division anymore.

Have you thought about wage bills? From what I understand, Derby pays substantially higher wages, we have a more expensively assembled squad, we have better infrastructure, we get larger attendances. Budget is certainly one of them, their record spend was 4.8 million in 2001. Whereas we paid 9 million for Vydra just 2 years ago. The fact is, financially Derby are just stronger. Finance is 100% a factor involved why Ipswich couldn't poach from Derby. If you think otherwise, you should look at Ipswich's spending, they've been shopping in the bargain bin for a long time.

image.png.7a093ba822dc1bafcb299cfbcfbeb459.png

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Have you thought about wage bills? From what I understand, Derby pays substantially higher wages, we have a more expensively assembled squad, we have better infrastructure, we get larger attendances. Budget is certainly one of them, their record spend was 4.8 million in 2001. Whereas we paid 9 million for Vydra just 2 years ago. The fact is, financially Derby are just stronger. Finance is 100% a factor involved why Ipswich couldn't poach from Derby. If you think otherwise, you should look at Ipswich's spending, they've been shopping in the bargain bin for a long time.

Yes our wage bill is ridiculous at the moment due to recent mismanagement of the board. Hence, as I said we are cutting costs. The club has repeated again and again that cutting the massive wage bill is the priority at the moment, which is why we are going to be shipping off as many of our high paid players as possible this summer. Our budget to bring in new players was very little this season and will be almost nothing next year.

Our wage bill at the moment is more than the entire revenue of the club- it isn't sustainable and it won't be continuing. We might have paid £9mill for Vydra a couple of years ago, but I would be very surprised if he is still here after the summer and we won't be spending that kind of money again. We might be marginally stronger financially, but I don't think it really matters if we aren't actually going to be spending any money.

Archived