Rowett to Ipswich

TroyDyer

8 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Can’t put my finger on what that might be tho. This has been suggested on and off for the past few seasons. “Bad apples” etc

if we exclude Carson cos he’s been consistently fine, then half the outfield players in recent games have been Gary Rowett signings this season. 

So whilst you might think eg Baird was likely to be disinterested as he’s probably moving on that doesn’t give the rest any excuse.

if it really was Keogh and martins malign influence then they haven’t been near the team for recent dismal efforts.

If there's a bad apple undermining things, who's to say it's a player?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Well the thesis was that it’s the players letting GR down. But if there’s a better conspiracy theory around I’m all ears:thumbsup:

There may not be any bad apples at all.

If there is, it's unlikely to be a player/s when they've literally been different personnel every season.

I don't think that's the case for backroom staff though.

7 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Surprised by the reaction. I know he's not the most popular guy in Derby, and I'm not his biggest fan, but even so these seem over the top. 

If he was to leave us now and we got in a manager that didn't live up to expectation then we would be in trouble. 

Rowett leaving now would leave us in a horrible position. Aging squad, not much resale value and not much room in the budget due to ffp. At least, he's getting results. The alternative could well be to do a Sunderland (not to win 4-1 either). 

I really can't see that gary not be being here would be a massive issue.

He's been responsible for bringing in half of this aging squad,their performances have generally been pretty poor this season under him which has reduced their value whilst loaning out martin who is one of the few players here who could have assisted positively this season and would then have had some value of if he sold him next season.Nugent has gone off whilst jerome never got started.

And he's not getting results,illustrated by two wins in twelve and our already worrying performances looking positively fragile now.

Hence the taxi offers,lol.

Mind you,I wouldn't charge to take him to ipswich,it would be f.o.c ?

8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Can’t see him jumping ship- yes , yes, I know there’s a chance we won’t win the play offs, it’s always a lottery, but shorely he’ll want this promotion on his cv “hic”...

There's a pretty good chance we won't make the Play-Offs

Archived