Rowett to Ipswich

TroyDyer

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see the attraction from the Ipswich side, but would they want him enough to pay Mel's price?

I could've seen it as a good Rowett fit after Brum, but right now would it be a forward career move?

The unless is if this is because behind the scenes things are broken beyond repair and this move would allow everyone to save a bit of face?

The only way this is happening is if we miss out on the play-offs, Mel & Gary decide to part company and Rowett doesn't want to sit around waiting for another job as he could probably land one with better prospects than Ipswich. 

We will then, in all seriousness, appoint Mad Mick. 

GR is good interview fodder and ex players like him. Seems to have  built a bit of a myth about his qualities but for me it’s a bit hollow. Yet to really achieve anything of substance on his own merit for me. Mouth full but head empty. I would love to be proved wrong but he needs to grow a pair fast 

I'm starting to doubt his abilities but some of you lot are a bit too harsh on him tbh!

He's a young manager with a lot to learn. Definitely has fantastic potential but needs to be a bit (lot) less stubborn if he's going to get anywhere.

29 minutes ago, Doodle said:

I’m not doing much today if he needs a lift

I'd take him, but he'll have to wait until close of play at the County Ground and then the weekly shop at Lidl.

Archived