Why do you have faith in Rowett?

Leicester Ram

47 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

OK why do we need a manger, they're over-rated, just let Mel do it all, couldn't be any worse. :lol:

I can't believe that you under rate Rowett that much ? I know we're going through a bit of a rough patch right now but seriously if we stick with Rowett we will come out if the other side smelling if Roses. You have to look a bit beyond this season this is still not his team in my eyes the only poor signing he's made was Jerome in January and maybe his hands were tied slightly. To me I think he thought we may have a chance if going up this season , that's why he bought experience. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

I can't believe that you under rate Rowett that much ? I know we're going through a bit of a rough patch right now but seriously if we stick with Rowett we will come out if the other side smelling if Roses. You have to look a bit beyond this season this is still not his team in my eyes the only poor signing he's made was Jerome in January and maybe his hands were tied slightly. To me I think he thought we may have a chance if going up this season , that's why he bought experience. 

How can you justify that belief? (Coming out the other side smelling of roses)

I haven't seen us play this badly since we were demoted.

I really do find it immensely difficult to see why anyone thinks that way if they have attended games this season.

People who see a lot more of him and the players, back him, when its literally their job to determine who they should back. I'll admit, these past couple of months have frustrated me but after the absolute ****-show that has been the last few years I'm frankly not interested in hiring someone else.

I enjoy GR's personality and I enjoy watching Derby even if they choose to play like children.

Best case? GR builds the squad the way he wants and we find success, with the style improving. Great.

Worst case? We have another season of boring football before GR moves on - but at least the team should have some structure and the squad (and club as a whole) have been given a short break from the whirlwind of incompetence they've been exposed to for so long.

Having had some time to reflect @JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta - I think ima have to backtrack. If we lose all the remaining games I don't think I'll be calling for GR's head. I just want a break from the madness.

6 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

How can you justify that belief? (Coming out the other side smelling of roses)

I haven't seen us play this badly since we were demoted.

I really do find it immensely difficult to see why anyone thinks that way if they have attended games this season.

Really ? We've had what 4 bad games this season ? Bristol Burton and Sheffield united away and Sunderland at home , could probably say wolves too for arguments sake. I can remember watching some of Macs , Clement  and Clough's football and it being my on horrendous all for different reasons. When we're in form , which were not currently obviously were exciting going forward , you don't have to make 45 passes in the oppositions half to be exciting.

Just now, RiddingsRam said:

Really ? We've had what 4 bad games this season ? Bristol Burton and Sheffield united away and Sunderland at home , could probably say wolves too for arguments sake. I can remember watching some of Macs , Clement  and Clough's football and it being my on horrendous all for different reasons. When we're in form , which were not currently obviously were exciting going forward , you don't have to make 45 passes in the oppositions half to be exciting.

True,just a couple to feet,would be amazing.

I haven't seen us play well all year...I didn't see the hull or Middlesbrough games but everything else has had my head in my hands as to how badly we play now.

I’m beginning to think that we are all missing the point here regarding whether we have faith or not is rapidly becoming irrelevant.

The issue that’s becoming more serious is the percentage of the DCFC fan base that have now do to the situation we are in with the team style, commitment and passion are totally disinterested and don’t care either way about the chairman, manager or team.

Its a real shame.

8 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

True,just a couple to feet,would be amazing.

I haven't seen us play well all year...I didn't see the hull or Middlesbrough games but everything else has had my head in my hands as to how badly we play now.

Head in your hands ? Seriously ? We strolled to a 3-0 victory over an addmittedly poor Bolton side last week and that had you with your head in your hands ? 

1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

I can't believe that you under rate Rowett that much ? 

Surely it means I rate Mel more? The whole point of the comments were that I didn't think it a good idea that Mel had final say on who signed, just how much was spent.

I don't anymore. But I am sure he will still be here next season. I hope that he brings in younger players. I hope that he brings in players that suit this formation, or better yet, changes to a more attack minded formation instead of a formation to suit 1 player.

Personality wise, he seems like a great guy...but I want to see Derby be successful, manager personality doesn't really matter

I don't have any faith in him. There clearly is a problem and it isn't in any way all down to Rowett. He inherited a difficult position with too many overpaid,over the hill players. However his January transfer dealings took us backwards and his summer dealings weren't much better with one key midfield signing missed due to an administrative blunder.

29 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

So to summarise, those backing Rowett are doing so because previous managers were fired and because they can't think of a better option that's available on the cheap.

Hardly a ringing endorsement.

....and those wanting rid now appear to be content with repeating exactly what we've done on so many previous occasions (sacking after a poor run of form) and expecting a different result.

I'm sure some brainy bloke once said something about that.

56 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

I don't have any faith in him. There clearly is a problem and it isn't in any way all down to Rowett. He inherited a difficult position with too many overpaid,over the hill players. However his January transfer dealings took us backwards and his summer dealings weren't much better with one key midfield signing missed due to an administrative blunder.

Lookman should have come and Winnall got injured. Are they GR's fault?

Jerome hasn't worked so far but if Winnall had stayed fit, he was only ever going to be an impact sub.

7 hours ago, clarkeram7 said:

Football is a game of opinions. I actually think we play a better style of football to Clements or Mac2.. This run is obviously horrendous but I'd much rather watch his football than passing sideways for 90minutes. I don't think his style of play is 'hoof it' like some people make out. 

Masochist 

42 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

....and those wanting rid now appear to be content with repeating exactly what we've done on so many previous occasions (sacking after a poor run of form) and expecting a different result.

I'm sure some brainy bloke once said something about that.

After the last 15 games with Rowett isn't that exactly what we are doing by keeping him in situ.

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

So to summarise, those backing Rowett are doing so because previous managers were fired and because they can't think of a better option that's available on the cheap.

Hardly a ringing endorsement.

No I’m backing him because given time he will get it right thanks  

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

No I’m backing him because given time he will get it right thanks  

Out of interest Curtains what do you see in Rowett's managerial ability so far to convince you that he'll get it right?

I don't recall you giving any of the previous managers in the past three or four years the same luxury, so why Gazza. 

1 minute ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Out of interest Curtains what do you see in Rowett's managerial ability so far to convince you that he'll get it right?

I don't recall you giving any of the previous managers in the past three or four years the same luxury, so why Gazza. 

Because I have faith in his ability.  

Its about the whole club ethos from top to bottom. 

Archived