Why do you have faith in Rowett?

Leicester Ram

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, GadFly said:

Point is he wasn't scoring under golden boy messiah Mac. 

No but others were..under rowett we are literally one trick pony and one that's now surrounded every match by the opposition as they know we generally don't score if vydra doesnt.

If you want to look at the variety of players that were able to contribute to the goal tally under mac,you would no worse than to watch these clips...the midfield were actually prolific.

There's even a few goals under clough thrown in for good measure just to emphasise the point.

5 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

No but others were..under rowett we are literally one trick pony and one that's now surrounded every match by the opposition as they know we generally don't score if vydra doesnt.

If you want to look at the variety of players that were able to contribute to the goal tally under mac,you would no worse than to watch these clips...the midfield were actually prolific.

There's even a few goals under clough thrown in for good measure just to emphasise the point.

... okay... so has Rowett improved Vyrdra's form or not? That was the only point I made.. 

6 minutes ago, GadFly said:

... okay... so has Rowett improved Vyrdra's form or not? That was the only point I made.. 

Key word here is form.

Has Rowett improved Vydra’s form? Definitely.

Has he improved him as a player? Not really, he’s built the team around maximising the chances a former Championship POTY gets. Unsurprisingly he’s scored lots and played well.

Still the same player he was though.

If you look at Guardiola and Sterling, for example, there’s someone who improved someone as a player as well as gave him form.

Same could be said for golden boy Mac and Martin/Bryson/Ibe/Forsyth.

I'm sorry to say I don't have faith in Gary. We seem directionless to me. What he says and what he does seem to be very different. I can't get my head around why we play with such a defensive formation in every game. 

I also don't get the comments about us over-achieving. I think the minimum expectation this season should have been Play-Offs and Mel will IMO be very disappointed if we don't make them (particularly after being second).

I think that, without massive improvement in the next 4 games, Gary should be sacked. However, I've a feeling this won't happen. I'm not sure why, but I think Mel may stick with Gary even though there are no obvious signs that the football will improve next year.

I personally dont.. but for all those that have so much faith in rowett..  would you have the same level of faith if he wasn't and ex derby player?  Can't help but think it's purely a sentimental thing? His tactics surely cant be found so inspiring? 

I can’t understand all this talk about needing stability etc etc. If a manager isn’t right for the job, and hasn’t done the job expected of him, then he has to go, there’s no room for sentiment get rid, it’s not done Swansea, Watford etc any harm has it? Unlike others I don’t really care what managers have done in the past, it’s all about the job at hand. Rowett hasn’t done that well enough, we haven’t rebuilt the squad sufficiently and the form in the last few months has been simply unacceptable. The style of play leaves me no hope he can turn it around either, no faith here sadly.

11 minutes ago, Stockyram92 said:

What would you rather talk about? Our stunning performance against Burton? ?

Talk is cheap my stocky friend, it’s action on the pitch I want! 

Mind you, no talk, no forum.

Carry on! David’s coming!

Why do people insist on seeing everything in black and white? Not everyone who is in favour of keeping Rowett has some mystical and innate belief that he is the man to guide us to the promised land. Many simply feel that further upheaval will damage the club more than unattractive football, in the short term, at least. I know this because until very recently, that's exactly how I felt and I'm still not entirely convinced that yet another new managerial appointment is really what the club needs right now. 

SInce Nigel we have had Wassall 1 (caretaker), Mac 1, Clement, Wassall 2, Pearson, Powell (caretaker) , Mac 2 and Rowett. A new manager now would be our 9th man in charge in just 6 years!

Could it be that we've simply been creating one rod after another for our own backs? And when we talk about 'identity', are we really surprised that none has formed against this backdrop? Even as I type this there's part of me thinking, enough is enough so I'm unsure as to where this notion of blind faith actually comes from. For me, it's anything but...

Incredible. Seems like hardly three mins ago that most fans were celebrating the fact that Rowett had signed a new contract and that we'd quashed the circulating rumours that Stoke were interested. 

I don't think that we were as good as many may have thought up to Christmas nor as bad as many think we are now. 

Looking back, the run we were on didn't seem sustainable, given that we were relying upon world class saves from Carson and really clinical finishing from Vydra quite frequently. Even the 3-0 wins against Barnsley and Millwall could have been very different stories. 

However, what stumps me is that it has repeatedly been said that we have the best squad on paper in the league by a number of opposing managers, yet the consensus among most fans is that we had overachieved being in second.

There seems a very inconsistent take on where we should be. 

From a playing point of view what stands off a mile away is that mooring our two tugboats in the middle of the park, and relying constantly upon Huddlestone playing as a quarter back is too predictable and slow. 

He hasn't played much for Cardiff but Bryson seems like a big miss now. 

As does Johnny Russell. How much did we miss his work ethic and pace on Saturday? 

Thankfully I think the dynamic of this side changes dramatically, with the addition of a new attacking fullback, a midfielder who can burst through the middle, and a replacement for Russell. 

The common denominator seems to be pace. 

8 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

God, I loved that team. Just shows how much we’ve lost our way since. 

We've played far better football but I think it's the players, there's no fight or passion anymore. The Cloughie and Mac players that have moved on drove us and kept it all together.

I don't see it in this lot, fed up of them. Keep - Carson, Wisdom, Huddlestone, Lawrence, Ledley, Hanson and all the Under 23s to keep B4 happy.

Rowetts doing? Who knows.

Archived