Why do Derby fans not want to give Rowett time

Curtains

29 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

I also don't understand why we have a proven goal scorer and excellent plan B on loan at Reading, and Cameron Jerome in a Derby shirt. 

Simon Dawkins was actually better at holding the ball and retaining possession, that CJ is. Plus he could score on occasion. 

Will go as far as saying Dawkins was the most under rated player derby have had this side of the Millennium

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Edtheram said:

Im sorry but yes they are top but did we at any point look like causing them problems. We were 15 yards off of them last night. Should of got stuck into them. No desire or passion was shown. Ledley and Hudddlestone are too slow. I cant watch Mr Defensive for another season

Fair points all of them, but the question I was responding to is should we sack him, which would be daft at this stage of the season.

Doesn't mean I'm completely happy with everything he has done, just no need for knee jerk reactions when we're potentially two or three wins from the play-offs.

Stick with him, still. 

It's through reluctance to change manager again rather than me actually seeing a work in progress though. 

Hopefully we can pick up some points against Burton and Barnsley and then shithouse our way to the PL in the play offs. 

Rowett should have been instilling in his players that every game from now upto the end of the season should be treated as a Cup Final to get us enough points to qualify for the playoffs if the players would even need reminding of that. 

Looking at last night's performance and the one against Sunderland  there was a serious lack of application and determination, I could see no evidence of us raising our game against undoubtedly the best team in the division which is totally unacceptable and down to Rowett.

If this translates to the playoffs IF we get there and come across a decent team such as Fulham well I can predict the outcome already.

I'm gutted we've gone away from the attractive football style. The assets from that have been sold and now we have players who can only play lump it football. Against teams who get the ball down and play, we can't cope. The best way to play against those teams is to close them down. Look at Liverpool against city for example. We don't have the midfield to do that. Hudds. Ledley, Johnson, Thorne and Hanson...None of them are the types to go chasing and closing down, which means teams can just happily play around us.

Only time will tell if this new 'style' will be effective. I just worry that if we do go up and continue to play this way, against teams who are even better than wolves, we will get absolutely destroyed.

2 hours ago, clarkeram7 said:

Completely disagree with your comment about his transfer dealings. 

Generally his transfers have been very good especially in comparison to the last 3 years. 

Wisdom, Davies, Huddlestone, Winnall, Palmer, Ledley have all been hits. 

Jury is still out on Lawrence and Jerome but they certainly aren't the worst players I've seen. 

I should have specified what I meant so apologies, 

transfers in Have not “improved” us. 

Yes individually you could make a case for each one ... look at the team as a whole, could you honestly sit there and say that our team is better than it was last season? 

If ledley wasn’t available or we had been beaten too him by another team then we would have had 3 midfielders for the first half of the season, one of which wasn’t fit. In January he significantly weakened the squad again!! I understand he might be working within financial limitations but i don’t buy it for one moment, the transfer fees may have been cheap but I suspect the wages are significant. 

Another transfer window with rowett will weaken us again in my opinion.

We were promised young hungry talented players and instead we have the debacle that was last night.

It’s becoming blatantly obvious that if we continue with the present transfer policy allied to the present tactical awareness that we are a club heading into obscurity.

why on earth would we want to give time to a management team that has not provided one tiny glimmer of hope or sense of direction, I really do not understand where this blind loyalty comes from its absolutely bewildering.

2 hours ago, clarkeram7 said:

Completely disagree with your comment about his transfer dealings. 

Generally his transfers have been very good especially in comparison to the last 3 years. 

Wisdom, Davies, Huddlestone, Winnall, Palmer, Ledley have all been hits. 

Jury is still out on Lawrence and Jerome but they certainly aren't the worst players I've seen. 

Wisdom is a hit?  If so then why did Rowett hardly ever play the guy this year until Forsyth had his mental aberrations against Sunderland. 

Huddlestone in isolation is a hit but given his place in an already totally immobile midfield negates a lot of that. 

Jerome - I've seen enough already to make my own mind up that he'll never be a player, happy to be proved wrong.

Lawrence may not be the worst player you've seen but make that same comparison against other players signed for £6 million then start making an informed statement.

Let's not forget we finished 9th last season so have improved in that respect.

With 5 games to go, we have a point more than we managed the whole of last season, the same number of wins, 6 fewer defeats, have scored 6 more goals and conceded 10 less.

I'd say that's progress under Rowett.

3 hours ago, Edtheram said:

For the first time in a long time NO i dont enjoy watching us play. I went to Wolves Last night and ive have never heard a section of away derby fans so quiet and disinterested. I want to see some good football and players with quality being allowed to play freely and effectively. Gary is far too defensive, He selects his wide players based on there defensive work! it should be attacking threat. Im really not happy with how the club is being managed at the minute, weve gone backwards.

This. 

A couple hundred away fans stood in silence watching us defend will be the norm next season. 

The facts are:

We have already surpassed last season's points total with five games still to play.

We are in fifth place, well-placed to secure a play-off place with a game in hand over the chasing pack.

These two facts are clear evidence that we have improved over last season. It may not always be pretty, but until the EFL start awarding style points the priority has to be results. No-one ever got promoted for playing pretty football and losing.

Every team will have poor performances from time to time. I imagine Wolves fans' reactions to losing to Forest were similar to ours on losing to Sunderland. To say that because Forest beat Wolves, we should be able to beat them completely misses the whole point of football.

The knee-jerk "Get rid of Rowett" posts whenever we lose a game beggar belief. What this club needs, above all, is some stability. It's no wonder we have a reputation as "bottlers", when half of the posters on here are bottling it too.

Get behind GR and the boys and off their backs, and let's see where the rest of the season takes us.

its not about giving him time! he sold our best players and replaced with ****, we are awful we have been all season and we are lucky to be where we are (dont get me wrong when we was on our run we did score some goals by passing and moving) but we havent been a good footballing team! even if we got promoted this season we would beat our own record and then that would be embarrassing. 

18 minutes ago, admira said:

Let's not forget we finished 9th last season so have improved in that respect.

With 5 games to go, we have a point more than we managed the whole of last season, the same number of wins, 6 fewer defeats, have scored 6 more goals and conceded 10 less.

I'd say that's progress under Rowett.

You're not allowed to say things like that; quoting facts is not on.

I remember the football under McClaren, when the league sussed us out and sat back against us. We tip tapped it around the back, lost possession then conceded.

The problem we have got is not having enough good players, most of our players are one-dimensional. By that, I mean they are unable to adapt to the game situation.

3 minutes ago, KCG said:

You're not allowed to say things like that; quoting facts is not on.

I remember the football under McClaren, when the league sussed us out and sat back against us. We tip tapped it around the back, lost possession then conceded.

The problem we have got is not having enough good players, most of our players are one-dimensional. By that, I mean they are unable to adapt to the game situation.

The problem is our manager is one dimensional and is unable to adapt to game situations....he's the one who purchases the players,trains,decides the tactics and chooses the team each game.

Easier to blame 13 individuals i suppose tho.

21 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

The facts are:

We have already surpassed last season's points total with five games still to play.

We are in fifth place, well-placed to secure a play-off place with a game in hand over the chasing pack.

These two facts are clear evidence that we have improved over last season. It may not always be pretty, but until the EFL start awarding style points the priority has to be results. No-one ever got promoted for playing pretty football and losing.

Every team will have poor performances from time to time. I imagine Wolves fans' reactions to losing to Forest were similar to ours on losing to Sunderland. To say that because Forest beat Wolves, we should be able to beat them completely misses the whole point of football.

The knee-jerk "Get rid of Rowett" posts whenever we lose a game beggar belief. What this club needs, above all, is some stability. It's no wonder we have a reputation as "bottlers", when half of the posters on here are bottling it too.

Get behind GR and the boys and off their backs, and let's see where the rest of the season takes us.

how are we as fans bottlers! name 1 game where you can say we were good, bolton was about our best game of the season but they basically just let us do want we wanted they looked like a sunday morning team, iv been a season ticket holder sence i was about 8/9ish thats over 15 years and i have been going to most away games sence i was about 12 its the first time iv even conceded renewing! even when clough was in charge we were poor but he was willing to gamble and give young lads a chance we have better young lads now then some players in the first team give them and chance and grow some balls!

12 minutes ago, KCG said:

And still it was good to watch and but for injuries and an off day we should have gone up. Plus Mac was never given chance to build on it. Give Rowett chance to build on this and last season - **** knows who'll we'll have left in the squad with footballing ability and brain.

If we had of played any differently we would have lost by many more. One goal was a drop off defensively by a player that seldom makes mistakes and one goal was a wonder goal by a Champions League class player.

Tactically though they did the job on us; they kicked Vyds every time he got near the ball and they never let us get to the break. At times it appears Gary does not have a plan B, but I think it  is more closer to the point that he does not have the players. We all know that we need a quick young box to box midfielder that can create the movement, but these players are few and far between and possibly out of our budget.  I for one would give Timi Max a go as he was looking like a young hungry Hendrick at times. He can't do worse than what we have;  - although if we did this we would have to re-adjust the balance once more and perhaps  go back to a 433.

So we are stuck with what we have - which is a predictable team against the better ball playing sides, until we re-assess and rebuild in the coming pre-season. 

1 minute ago, Lokidoki said:

So we are stuck with what we have - which is a predictable team against the better ball playing sides, until we re-assess and rebuild in the coming pre-season. 

We are stuck with what Rowett has chosen - that's the truth of it.

4 hours ago, lrm14 said:

He's the antithesis of a certain balding brolly holder we had recently that managed to give us some of the best times we've had in the past 15 to 20 years,

Ah yes, the good old days. That lovely journey back from Wembley vs QPR and final day of the following season, 3-0 to Reading and finishing 8th.

Happy times.

At least it was pretty to watch though.

Archived