Why do Derby fans not want to give Rowett time

Curtains

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Things dont look that grim at all to me.

I trust Rowett to bring in some talent given longer time in the hot seat. I firmly believe its not his philosophy or tactics that are dire... we just dont have the players in the forward positions. If we let him go, then he will just take another team up who did trust in him, and perhaps werent so expectant... either that or a premier team will take a punt on him and he might do well.

1 hour ago, jagerbob said:

I trust Rowett to bring in some talent given longer time in the hot seat. I firmly believe its not his philosophy or tactics that are dire... we just dont have the players in the forward positions. If we let him go, then he will just take another team up who did trust in him, and perhaps werent so expectant... either that or a premier team will take a punt on him and he might do well.

Then why didn't he sign the players? He's had transfers windows to buy these players. The players he bought going forward, were dross. Jerome, Lawrence have both been utter gash so far. How is it to do with the squad that we play without a spine? Even the worst team can play with some pride, some backbone and some heart, yet we seem to be lacking in it. I don't think it's down to effort, I think it's down to awful, shoddy tactics. Why do we sit back and invite pressure onto ourselves? Why can't we gengen press like the top teams? Sure, we won't have as good personnel, but we could still give it a try. Our tactics are negative, pure and simple. One man is to blame for that.

9 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Then why didn't he sign the players? He's had transfers windows to buy these players. The players he bought going forward, were dross. Jerome, Lawrence have both been utter gash so far. How is it to do with the squad that we play without a spine? Even the worst team can play with some pride, some backbone and some heart, yet we seem to be lacking in it. I don't think it's down to effort, I think it's down to awful, shoddy tactics. Why do we sit back and invite pressure onto ourselves? Why can't we gengen press like the top teams? Sure, we won't have as good personnel, but we could still give it a try. Our tactics are negative, pure and simple. One man is to blame for that.

He won't change - he has form

I really wanted stability and the sense of building something purposeful, but with each game now I am less convinced that that will happen. Even if he has time to build the team he wants, I don’t think it would survive long in the premier league, and I don’t think many would enjoy watching it. 

With hindsight, I wish he’d gone to Stoke. I’d give it until the end of this season and make the change then, so we don’t waste next season changing managers halfway through. 

I don’t know who the replacement should be, but I’d like to see Mel invest in a quality appointment, not just go with whoever’s available and hope for the best. 

I think the split is roughly 40/20/40.

40% want him to carry on - at least for another full season.

20% give him longer - review in jan?

40% have seen enough. A change is required.

So the degree of support depends on the precise wording of the question. In this case 60% want to give him longer but its not exactly unconditional support.

for me.....

should he go now? No - finish the season

should he go in the summer? If we win promotion then he has earned the right to carry on, even though i'm not a fan. If we are still in this division, i'd rather we reviewed our options. Its a fair question to say if not rowett then who? But there has to be another better option.  I've seen enough, So reluctantly i'd say " Gary......you're fired".

40 minutes ago, RamNut said:

So the degree of support depends on the precise wording of the question. In this case 60% want to give him longer but its not exactly unconditional support.

for me.....

should he go in the summer? If we win promotion then he has earned the right to carry on, even though i'm not a fan. If we are still in this division, i'd rather we reviewed our options. Its a fair question to say if not rowett then who? But there has to be another better option.  I've seen enough, So reluctantly i'd say " Gary......you're fired".

There are those who just don’t want him no matter what some who think he is the right man no matter what , I’m perhaps pro rowett but not blindly , ive seen some mistakes and stuff since jan that trouble me a bit but I also temper it a bit by not knowing his behind the scenes remit and budget ,would have liked to have seen him be able to bring players in without having to sell Hughes and ince to do it ,,, it’s a massive summer for Mel ,, he will get the transfer list and policy rowett wants to put in place to take us forward and how he sees us playing as a team then will have to decide whether it’s right for derby county to back him to take us forward or say nope I don’t see that as the direction I want the club to go and get rid ,,, best of luck mel 

56 minutes ago, RamNut said:

for me.....

I think you'd be surprised, it'll be more like 80-20 in favour of sticking with Rowett, just that (as always) the 20% are the ones who make more noise on forums & social media, etc.

I can’t believe some of the absolute dross I am reading on this forum recently.

We are 5th in the league with a chance of going up and people are talking about getting rid of Rowett - crazy! 

People moan about the quality of football, there are many ways to play the game, we have scored more goals than last season already and have beat teams 3-0 many times home and away. The game vs Villa for example was superb football. Very organised and superb out of possession, I thought it was a great watch. 

People moaning about the direction we are heading, well we have improved from last season, no question.

People wanting Warburton, the man who was sacked by Forest with them languishing in the lower reaches of the championship and who Rowett’s Derby beat easily- yeah good one. 

The signings have been good value for money overall with the exception of Jerome. I believe Lawrence will come good. Huddlestone and Davies, fantastic signings. 

This forum at times has gone to pot with the amount of negativity being spouted. Yes things aren’t perfect, but you can’t change managers every season, and there is lots that Rowett has done to be positive about. Some of the stuff on here is embarrassing and gives a poor impression on Derby fans in my view. 

7 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I think you'd be surprised, it'll be more like 80-20 in favour of sticking with Rowett, just that (as always) the 20% are the ones who make more noise on forums & social media, etc.

I’m not sure it is, the majority of people I speak to, are slowly changing their minds about GR, I’m not saying they would advocate sacking him as I wouldn’t like to make such an assumption. 

However his playing style, personnel he has brought in, and inability or reluctance to influence  games is starting to wear very thin with them.  Being in the play offs is giving him some leeway at the moment. IMO of course.

6 minutes ago, enachops said:

I can’t believe some of the absolute dross I am reading on this forum recently.

We are 5th in the league with a chance of going up and people are talking about getting rid of Rowett - crazy! 

People moan about the quality of football, there are many ways to play the game, we have scored more goals than last season already and have beat teams 3-0 many times home and away. The game vs Villa for example was superb football. Very organised and superb out of possession, I thought it was a great watch. 

People moaning about the direction we are heading, well we have improved from last season, no question.

People wanting Warburton, the man who was sacked by Forest with them languishing in the lower reaches of the championship and who Rowett’s Derby beat easily- yeah good one. 

The signings have been good value for money overall with the exception of Jerome. I believe Lawrence will come good. Huddlestone and Davies, fantastic signings. 

This forum at times has gone to pot with the amount of negativity being spouted. Yes things aren’t perfect, but you can’t change managers every season, and there is lots that Rowett has done to be positive about. Some of the stuff on here is embarrassing and gives a poor impression on Derby fans in my view. 

Sorry mate but bar 2 or 3 words, I disagree with just about every other word. I get people have a glass half full perspective but yours has over flowed. I've highlighted some of the bits I disagree with.

2 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Sorry mate but bar 2 or 3 words, I disagree with just about every other word. I get people have a glass half full perspective but yours has over flowed. I've highlighted some of the bits I disagree with.

You'd have been better off highlighting the bit(s) you do agree with...!

My ex wife was a good cook, and had provided a more successful relationship than the last Ms Igor (11 years v/s 2 years). There were quite a few things she did right - but I didn’t like her - and she had many faults she couldn’t see or wasn’t prepared to attend to.

I left her, remarried, and am now blissfully happy.

It can be done ?

8 hours ago, jagerbob said:

I trust Rowett to bring in some talent given longer time in the hot seat. I firmly believe its not his philosophy or tactics that are dire... we just dont have the players in the forward positions...

Sure we do, he bought Jerome and Lawrence!

Tell me this how an earth can changing the Manager again make us stronger  

This is the problem as someone else wouldn’t know the set up would have to get used to working with Mel Morris and the cost would probably bankrupt the club .

Good luck with that but I’d stick with Gary lad  

34 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I’m not sure it is, the majority of people I speak to, are slowly changing their minds about GR, I’m not saying they would advocate sacking him as I wouldn’t like to make such an assumption. 

However his playing style, personnel he has brought in, and inability or reluctance to influence  games is starting to wear very thin with them.  Being in the play offs is giving him some leeway at the moment. IMO of course.

Not singling you out here but I've seen a few criticise Rowett's incomings and I'd like to know why?

Other than the so far ineffective (and infuriating to me, at least) Jerome, IMO he's done pretty darn well, given the financial constraints.

I had reservations about both Davies & Ledley, mainly due to age, but both have been a revelation for us. Huddlestone also but I always saw that as a safe one.

The jury is out on Lawrence for me still. Signs of something special there but seems to be a massive confidence player, which is a worry.

Name me a manager whose transfers are always successful.

Still wish we hadn't loaned out all the youngsters though.

Archived