Next Seasons Rebuild

Igorwasking

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, PodgeyRam said:

Like it or not Hull and Huddersfield have been in the premier league while he's played there. That's where we're aiming to be isn't it?

Went for a trial that Milan wanted to turn into a permanent deal:  www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27574677

your obsessed ,just cos it's on the telly you think its' true?if milan really wanted him and he turned it down that says a lot about his ambition ,dream on

21 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Wasn't this season supposed to be the rebuild? 

When you inherit a team that has been mashed together over 5 or so managers and you are restricted to what you can spend. One season is usually not enough for a rebuild. 

What I really don't want is another big change in which wholesale changes are made.

22 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

We have too many points to go down now. :thumbsup:

Have we? I thought from all the doom and gloom merchants that we were in dire straits and destined for woeful relegation. Instead, we have exceeded most fans pre-season expectations. Well done, Gary!!

22 minutes ago, Seaside Sam said:

your obsessed ,just cos it's on the telly you think its' true?if milan really wanted him and he turned it down that says a lot about his ambition ,dream on

So the sporting director of Inter Milan lied to the BBC?

He said he signed for Hull because he wanted to play football which is in line with every other decision he's made during his career.

I wouldn't say I'm obsessed, I just dislike people writing things that simply aren't true.

5 minutes ago, KCG said:

Have we? I thought from all the doom and gloom merchants that we were in dire straits and destined for woeful relegation. Instead, we have exceeded most fans pre-season expectations. Well done, Gary!!

Nobody has mentioned releagtion. You know full well what peoples gripes are, we don't need to go over them again. Regarding  the pre-season expectations, yes that was peoples expectations from what we were being told. Young and hungry, building blah blah blah.. However we got to 2nd place and it has been a downward curve since then. I don't believe it's so much that we have dropped off, it's the nature of the drop off. 

Well done Gary?? Nah, not at the moment.

1 hour ago, PodgeyRam said:

So the sporting director of Inter Milan lied to the BBC?

He said he signed for Hull because he wanted to play football which is in line with every other decision he's made during his career.

I wouldn't say I'm obsessed, I just dislike people writing things that simply aren't true.

how do you know they are not true,you seem to think everything you say is gospel

21 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

I think, like Ince, we won’t be able to keep him. He could finish as the top goal scorer in the league, he’s still in his prime and we could do with the money (again). I also wanted to keep Ince last summer because I didn’t think he impacted the balance of the team from the wing.

With Vydra it’s different.

He doesn’t offer a reliable way to keep possession down the middle so he leaves us exposed, he’s a high risk attacker so the ball bounces straight back to us quite a lot. Because of that, we have two very deep DM’s to stop us conceding a chance every time that happens. It’s developed a massive gap between our midfield and attackers, leaving us unbalanced.

He’s our strength but also our weakness, we get the best out of him but not neccesarilly our other players. We can only play one way with him at CAM.

Take him out and put in a more conventional CAM, suddenly we can do a lot more tactically. Not all about scoring but more how we can approach game situations. We get caught out by early goals and can’t shift our current team to adjust to a new task (breaking a team down).

My suggested team could sit back and counter like we currently do but could also dominate possession and break down a team. We currently only have one gear imo.

^^ This ^^

I'd prefer a Mata or a Silva type in there.  Someone who's useful playing at a low pace, with the ability to knit things together.  I love Vydra, but he's more head down and run at defenders whenever he gets the ball.  Maybe that's what he's told to do, but when teams get tight to him, and don't give him the space, he doesn't offer a great deal.  Having said all that, I have no idea where our goals would come from if we were to sell him...

If it was completely up to me, i think the best approach wouldnt be a major rebuild. Id look at bringing a couple quality additions with funds raised from Vydras envitable sale and then trying to get the most out of the squad. Id be looking to shift to a back three next season as well and would roughly be looking at something like this as a starting point

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies

Anya   Hudds  *New*   Fozzy

*New*      Lawrence 

Martin

Or push another striker up with Martin and have Lawrence or somebody new drop in the whole. 

I feel like Wisdom, Keogh and Davies could make a solid back 3. Anya's best position is wing back and Fozzy looks his best when given license to maraud forwards. Hudds has proven this year he has still has quality in spades and, as much as I'd like Ledley, I'd look to pair him with someone really mobile and can buzz about the part (Woods is who id be thinking of targeting). I think Lawrence would play better given a more free role where he can take up more central positions. With Vydra presumably leaving we'd need to bring a quality attacker (id be looking at Jota or Adams from Brum). Martin is to my view still the best striker on the books and I feel with two players up there with him he'd thrive.

Squad wise id be wanting something like:

GK: Carson, Mitchell

CB: Keogh, Wisdom, Davies, Baird (if still has contract), Pearce, Hanson (retraining to play in a back three). 

RWB: Anya, New/Academy

LWB: Fozzy, Lowe (if can stay fit otherwise Olsson)

CM: Hudds, Thorne, Ledley, New 

AM: Lawrence, Elsnik, Weimann, New

ST: Martin, Jerome (don't particularly rate him but I think he'd be decent cover) 

Release Contracts up-

bent, Hanson, Baird. Shackell.

try to sell-

butters, johnson, Jerome, Olson, Pearce, fozzy, Weimann, Martin. Blackman, Bryson.

promote-

elsnick, thomas. Have a couple more if good enough around first team.

loan in-

palmer, lookman, Kent, 

buy-

marriot, Dack, Marcus Maddison. Bryan/Bennet or Knudsen. Woods.

not exhaustive and wouldn't sign all those players but would be looking at them. Need a centre back in there but can't think of who off the top of my head. Plenty of youth with ability and should increase in value.

1 hour ago, Seaside Sam said:

how do you know they are not true,you seem to think everything you say is gospel

1 hour ago, Seaside Sam said:

and as for saying you dislike someone just because they do not agree with you is very sad.

I never said I disliked you, I'm sure you're a very affable person.

I said I dislike it when people say things that aren't true.

You're example of Milan not wanting Ince was untrue as shown in the link I provided.

Ince has said many times in the past that he wants to play games. I'd find a link except I'm on mobile right now but you can go back and find many articles about it.

There's no supposition. I'm simply going based on what people involved in these matters have said. What are you basing it off?

Have to agree with Millenniumram think Joe Bryan would be an excellent signing, but his form this season may mean the Prem boys come in for him. Think Barry Bannan could do a job in midfield ? Should of signed Ollie Watkins and would like Ryan Woods. All in All we need a major injection of pace and energy.

43 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

If it was completely up to me, i think the best approach wouldnt be a major rebuild. Id look at bringing a couple quality additions with funds raised from Vydras envitable sale and then trying to get the most out of the squad. Id be looking to shift to a back three next season as well and would roughly be looking at something like this as a starting point

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies

*New*      Lawrence 

Martin

Or push another striker up with Martin and have Lawrence or somebody new drop in the whole. 

I feel like Wisdom, Keogh and Davies could make a solid back 3. Anya's best position is wing back and Fozzy looks his best when given license to maraud forwards. Hudds has proven this year he has still has quality in spades and, as much as I'd like Ledley, I'd look to pair him with someone really mobile and can buzz about the part (Woods is who id be thinking of targeting). I think Lawrence would play better given a more free role where he can take up more central positions. With Vydra presumably leaving we'd need to bring a quality attacker (id be looking at Jota or Adams from Brum). Martin is to my view still the best striker on the books and I feel with two players up there with him he'd thrive.

CB: Keogh, Wisdom, Davies, Baird (if still has contract), Pearce, Hanson (retraining to play in a back three). 

ST: Martin, Jerome (don't particularly rate him but I think he'd be decent cover) 

Usually agree with you on here mate, and I have always been a Fozzy fan but have you heard of Max Lowe?

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

Release Contracts up-

bent, Hanson, Baird. Shackell.

try to sell-

butters, johnson, Jerome, Olson, Pearce, fozzy, Weimann, Martin. Blackman, Bryson.

promote-

elsnick, thomas. Have a couple more if good enough around first team.

loan in-

palmer, lookman, Kent, 

buy-

marriot, Dack, Marcus Maddison. Bryan/Bennet or Knudsen. Woods.

not exhaustive and wouldn't sign all those players but would be looking at them. Need a centre back in there but can't think of who off the top of my head. Plenty of youth with ability and should increase in value.

Zero chance of getting Maddison they want £15 million +

38 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Usually agree with you on here mate, and I have always been a Fozzy fan but have you heard of Max Lowe?

I put him in my squad list! From what I've seen of Lowe he'd be perfect for the position but the question mark is can he get and stay fit. Ideally you'd start to phase him in to the first 11 gradually and when he starts to look like he's going to maintain his fitness start to shift him to being your first choice.

1 hour ago, brady1993 said:

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies

*New*      Lawrence 

Martin

I honestly thought that at the start of the year and after pre season that Gary was just going to bring in a couple of additions to strengthen the squad,keep us pretty much as we were and we would take the division,or at least top two at a canter.

Doh!

Archived