• Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Lowe

Huddlestone Woods

New RM  Palmer  Lawrence

Martin

Sell Vydra and build a more balanced team. The bloke’s an unreal player, teams will be in for him and I suspect the way the market is inflating, we’ll get a fair whack for him.

I’d love to bring back Palmer on loan at least, think a season with a team like us is probably what he needs. Think he’s got a lot of Vydra’s strength but he’s more reliable with the ball. Vydra is high risk, get at goal which pays off for him but limits how we can play.

Someone like Palmer would link up with Martin well. He’s under contract, we won’t get much money for him and we know he’s decent, I’d try and just use him. Work with what we’ve got.

Ryan Woods is class and would compliment Huddlestone/Thorne perfectly. Need more energy in midfield.

That team would just make us far more balanced. Can still have that solidity at the back, still allow us to counter-attack but with the ability to play the ball around more effectively than right now. If you’re serious about promotion, you’ve got to be able to break teams down.

Bring on Ledley for Woods and we’re solid, can see out games like we do now. 

Also allows room for Elsnik, Guy and maybe Vernam to come into the team.

I’d also be happy if we ditched the formation and played a 3-5-2 with wing-backs. If we kept Vydra, that’s what I’d do.

What is this with selling our top scorer and best performer...did it with Ince last season and you are suggesting Vydra goes. Is the logic that Vydra stops other players from scoring like some said about Ince??? Priceless....

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

What is this with selling our top scorer and best performer...did it with Ince last season and you are suggesting Vydra goes. Is the logic that Vydra stops other players from scoring like some said about Ince??? Priceless....

I think, like Ince, we won’t be able to keep him. He could finish as the top goal scorer in the league, he’s still in his prime and we could do with the money (again). I also wanted to keep Ince last summer because I didn’t think he impacted the balance of the team from the wing.

With Vydra it’s different.

He doesn’t offer a reliable way to keep possession down the middle so he leaves us exposed, he’s a high risk attacker so the ball bounces straight back to us quite a lot. Because of that, we have two very deep DM’s to stop us conceding a chance every time that happens. It’s developed a massive gap between our midfield and attackers, leaving us unbalanced.

He’s our strength but also our weakness, we get the best out of him but not neccesarilly our other players. We can only play one way with him at CAM.

Take him out and put in a more conventional CAM, suddenly we can do a lot more tactically. Not all about scoring but more how we can approach game situations. We get caught out by early goals and can’t shift our current team to adjust to a new task (breaking a team down).

My suggested team could sit back and counter like we currently do but could also dominate possession and break down a team. We currently only have one gear imo.

1 hour ago, Leicester Ram said:

I think, like Ince, we won’t be able to keep him. He could finish as the top goal scorer in the league, he’s still in his prime and we could do with the money (again). I also wanted to keep Ince last summer because I didn’t think he impacted the balance of the team from the wing.

With Vydra it’s different.

He doesn’t offer a reliable way to keep possession down the middle so he leaves us exposed, he’s a high risk attacker so the ball bounces straight back to us quite a lot. Because of that, we have two very deep DM’s to stop us conceding a chance every time that happens. It’s developed a massive gap between our midfield and attackers, leaving us unbalanced.

He’s our strength but also our weakness, we get the best out of him but not neccesarilly our other players. We can only play one way with him at CAM.

Take him out and put in a more conventional CAM, suddenly we can do a lot more tactically. Not all about scoring but more how we can approach game situations. We get caught out by early goals and can’t shift our current team to adjust to a new task (breaking a team down).

My suggested team could sit back and counter like we currently do but could also dominate possession and break down a team. We currently only have one gear imo.

We could have kept Ince, he was happy to stay. Selling him was down to GR. Groundhog Day. I think a potential Vydra/Martin partnership is worth a try. Both have excellent footballing brains and if they clicked could be a formidable partnership. Signing Jerome and letting Martin go out on loan was bizarre. My heart sank when Jerome came on last night.....

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

We could have kept Ince, he was happy to stay. Selling him was down to GR. Groundhog Day. I think a potential Vydra/Martin partnership is worth a try. Both have excellent footballing brains and if they clicked could be a formidable partnership. Signing Jerome and letting Martin go out on loan was bizarre. My heart sank when Jerome came on last night.....

Selling Ince was down to derby needing the money. I’m sure Rowett would’ve loved to bring money in by selling Blackman Shackell Anya Johnson Butterfield for what we paid for them. 

10 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Selling Ince was down to derby needing the money. I’m sure Rowett would’ve loved to bring money in by selling Blackman Shackell Anya Johnson Butterfield for what we paid for them. 

Maybe to enable GR to reshape the squad but the point I am making is that was GR's choice and not down to Tom Ince who expected to be playing for the Rams this season, that is what he said.

15 hours ago, Smyth_18 said:

Carson

New (Lowe?)
Davies
New
Wisdom

Huddlestone
New or fit Thorne (Young, Strong. Energetic)

Lawrence (Hoping he starts to pick up)
Vyds
New (Marcus Maddison or youth?)

New. (Would like to see us take a gamble on somebody like Eisa at Cheltenham/ A fit Sam Winnall)

We must try and ship; Olsson, Forsyth, Martin, Johnson, Anya, Shackell, Butterfield, Blackman, Bennett, Bent and Jerome at least.

interesting out of all the ones you would ship out how many where actually Rowett signings?

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Maybe to enable GR to reshape the squad but the point I am making is that was GR's choice and not down to Tom Ince who expected to be playing for the Rams this season, that is what he said.

yes he seems to have said the same where ever he has been

Mine has been the same for years. 

Replacement for Keogh.

A new left back. 

A holding midfielder that runs the game but can kick players in the air. 

An all out goalscorer. 

A spine basically. Both literally and metaphorically.

23 hours ago, Igorwasking said:

So, irrespective of manager, and assuming we are still in Championship, what positions do you want to bring in, and what formation. Try to base the changes on the minimum amount. (First eleven only)

I’ve gone 3-4-3.

Carson

Keogh    Davis     Pearce

new rwb                                        New lwb    

Ledley                   New cm

Lawrence

Vydra            Martin

Where to start?

Pearce isn't mobile enough to play in a back 3. Do you really want to find a partner for Ledley and drip Huddlestone? Would Martin be able to play the split striker role?

4 minutes ago, Seaside Sam said:

who?and only out of desperation

Well Huddersfield obviously.

We did.

Hull wanted to keep him and would've done if not for the release clause in the contract.

Inter Milan but he turned them down for Hull to play games.

Liverpool but he left them to play games at Blackpool.

I could go on.

3 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Well Huddersfield obviously.

We did.

Hull wanted to keep him and would've done if not for the release clause in the contract.

Inter Milan but he turned them down for Hull to play games.

Liverpool but he left them to play games at Blackpool.

I could go on.

your dreaming he went for a trial at milan and they refused,as for hull and huddersfield if that,s success well .liverpool reserves

9 minutes ago, Seaside Sam said:

your dreaming he went for a trial at milan and they refused,as for hull and huddersfield if that,s success well .liverpool reserves

Like it or not Hull and Huddersfield have been in the premier league while he's played there. That's where we're aiming to be isn't it?

Went for a trial that Milan wanted to turn into a permanent deal:  www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27574677

for everybody whos put palmer in the team whilst rowetts in charge he aint going to be here next season a player of his quality aint going to want to sit on the bench like he has this season and in amazed how nobodys kept jerome in the team for next season :D

Archived