Next Seasons Rebuild

Igorwasking

So, irrespective of manager, and assuming we are still in Championship, what positions do you want to bring in, and what formation. Try to base the changes on the minimum amount. (First eleven only)

I’ve gone 3-4-3.

Carson

Keogh    Davis     Pearce

new rwb                                        New lwb    

Ledley                   New cm

Lawrence

Vydra            Martin

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn’t play Pearce in a back 3 as he’s too slow. Put Wisdom in for him and that would be fine(Wisdom RCB, Keogh CCB and Davies LCB).

Sadly, I doubt we will ever switch to that kind of formation as it’s too “modern” for a tactical dinosaur like Rowett. He gets a brain freeze when teams play 3 at the back against us. His head would probably explode if he tried to get us to play that formation.

Revert back to 433 imo

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Bryan

Huddlestone

Woods Palmer

Ince Afobe Vydra

No Chance mind but I’d like that. Bryan has been the best LB in the league this year so would make him a priority, reckon Palmer would make a good CM given a free role if we can get woods alongside him and we can loan him from Chelsea again. Genuinely think we’d have a chance of getting Ince back, it ain’t worked for him up there and there’s been rumours of a buy back clause? Wolves won’t go for afobe in the prem, they’ll sign someone for like 40 mil so we’d have a chance there as well. On,y question mark for me is Vydra out wide, but with Bryan more attacking he could drift inside more anyway.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Revert back to 433 imo

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Bryan

Huddlestone

Woods Palmer

Ince Afobe Vydra

No Chance mind but I’d like that. Bryan has been the best LB in the league this year so would make him a priority, reckon Palmer would make a good CM given a free role if we can get woods alongside him and we can loan him from Chelsea again. Genuinely think we’d have a chance of getting Ince back, it ain’t worked for him up there and there’s been rumours of a buy back clause? Wolves won’t go for afobe in the prem, they’ll sign someone for like 40 mil so we’d have a chance there as well. On,y question mark for me is Vydra out wide, but with Bryan more attacking he could drift inside more anyway.

Looks a good line up but I highly doubt it will look anything like that if Rowett is still in charge. Plus if we don't get promoted I expect Vydra will be sold. 

Carson

Wisdom               Keogh          Davies          Lowe

Huddlestone

Bryson                      Palmer

Ollie Watkins                                              Mcclean   

Martin/Abel Hernandez 

Carson

New (Lowe?)
Davies
New
Wisdom

Huddlestone
New or fit Thorne (Young, Strong. Energetic)

Lawrence (Hoping he starts to pick up)
Vyds
New (Marcus Maddison or youth?)

New. (Would like to see us take a gamble on somebody like Eisa at Cheltenham/ A fit Sam Winnall)

We must try and ship; Olsson, Forsyth, Martin, Johnson, Anya, Shackell, Butterfield, Blackman, Bennett, Bent and Jerome at least.

52 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Looks a good line up but I highly doubt it will look anything like that if Rowett is still in charge. Plus if we don't get promoted I expect Vydra will be sold. 

Sadly I think you’re right. Hope Vydra isn’t sold mind, I struggle to see where we’d get goals without him, given the quality of our recruitment recently we’ll end up with another 30 year old.

18 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Sadly I think you’re right. Hope Vydra isn’t sold mind, I struggle to see where we’d get goals without him, given the quality of our recruitment recently we’ll end up with another 30 year old.

I am fairly sure Vydra would be sold and he may well want to leave as well I just hope we get enough money to off set some of the prices we paid.

Based on what I've seen this season and what I know about some players.

Carson

Wisdom           New/Keogh                   Davies            Lowe/New

Thorne                New

New                           Elsnick/New                    Thomas/Lawrence

Martin/New

Bench: Mitchell, Bogle, Keogh, Huddlestone, Bryson, Nugent/New Striker, New Winger

1 hour ago, belperam96 said:

Carson

Wisdom               Keogh          Davies          Lowe

Huddlestone

Bryson                      Palmer

Ollie Watkins                                              Mcclean   

Martin/Abel Hernandez 

Ollie Watkins ? Could have got him for a song in the summer - we can't afford him now.

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Lowe

Huddlestone Woods

New RM  Palmer  Lawrence

Martin

Sell Vydra and build a more balanced team. The bloke’s an unreal player, teams will be in for him and I suspect the way the market is inflating, we’ll get a fair whack for him.

I’d love to bring back Palmer on loan at least, think a season with a team like us is probably what he needs. Think he’s got a lot of Vydra’s strength but he’s more reliable with the ball. Vydra is high risk, get at goal which pays off for him but limits how we can play.

Someone like Palmer would link up with Martin well. He’s under contract, we won’t get much money for him and we know he’s decent, I’d try and just use him. Work with what we’ve got.

Ryan Woods is class and would compliment Huddlestone/Thorne perfectly. Need more energy in midfield.

That team would just make us far more balanced. Can still have that solidity at the back, still allow us to counter-attack but with the ability to play the ball around more effectively than right now. If you’re serious about promotion, you’ve got to be able to break teams down.

Bring on Ledley for Woods and we’re solid, can see out games like we do now. 

Also allows room for Elsnik, Guy and maybe Vernam to come into the team.

I’d also be happy if we ditched the formation and played a 3-5-2 with wing-backs. If we kept Vydra, that’s what I’d do.

Carson

Wisdom      keogh     davies

New rwb                                                   new lwb

Thorne/hudd       ledley

Palmer/or similar       lawrence

Vydra

Wing backs stay wide all the time. Hud or thorne deep play maker. Ledley protecting back 3. Front 3 lots of movement/ interchanging, dropping deep when not got the ball, crowding middle of pitch. Using the Wing backs always an outlet. Simple

Archived