Next Seasons Rebuild

Igorwasking

10 hours ago, Topram said:

Rid 

Forsyth, Keogh, Thorne, butterfield, Blackman, nugent, Ayna, Johnson 

That’s 8 surely we’d get some money for them? Others I haven’t mentioned like Jerome because I don’t think we’d be able to sell! We need to get 4/5 youngest that might take time to progress but actually want to play for the shirt!! 

But knowing Derby we will keep them all and sell Vydra

thorne just signed a new contract.

I actually think Jerome will come good in the next coupel of seasons, its just a shame he looks dog $hit at the moment.

Biggest issue for me is giving Lawrence and Weimann competition, its the weak areas of the team at the moment, and if brad Johnson isnt fit, adn russell is gone, they have no one pushing them. Even the loanee Kasey doesnt seem to be utilised in their positions :(

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Rawson has been released bud signed for Forest Green.  Bennett needs to move on for his own career. 

I agree that Lowe should be given a chance.  His fitness is the big thing. Zanzala will not make it at Derby.

Don't let Ninos hear you say that.

14 hours ago, TheHomunculusLives said:

One player who has to go is Keogh. He's been a loyal servant but unfortunately he embodies the culture of underachievement and failure under pressure that's consumed the club in recent seasons.

Hmm. Remind me again how much we’ve improved since this serial failure was finally found out and dropped to the bench?

I think the disappointing thing s with all these suggestions are that Gary will not move from his 4 2 3 1... and the potential signings are more than likely out of our price ranger due to the over paid prices on previous transfers.

I almost force myself into not getting excited by this as I am almost certain it wont happen.

Can't wait to get rid of the wages of Shackell and Bent, hopefully this will be a bit step forward especially if we can move on Butterfield and Blackman and even Bryson (as it doesn't look like he will get another game with us)

Unfortunately though we replaced Bent with Jerome, Nugent.

Would be good to get rid of one of the two as well and bring Thomas through. Keeping Vydra.

The conundrum is do we have the basis of good side which needs just a few quality additions or do have a small core of good players which need wholesale change around them.

GR and his management team need to decide which is it.

I think next season is GR last chance.

Mel is not known for his patience or acceptance of continual failure.

This close season is going very interesting with so many players both out of contract and also unwanted.  

Archived