Next Seasons Rebuild

Igorwasking

18 hours ago, feisty said:

I posted this in a thread a week or so ago. May be of interest to some (long read):

https://dcfcreflections.blogspot.co.uk/2018/04/summer-2018-restructuring-squad.html

Nice read. 

Could Weimann be the cut price answer to replacing Nugent? He’s always wanted to play centrally, he can link up well with Vydra, he’s faster than Nugent so would stretch the defence. 

Would allow for Thomas and Lawrence on the wings which would increase creativity...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sack Rowett and let Mac use his eye for a loan 'la Wisdom, Dawkins, Ince, Thorne, Bamford, Ibe.

Least hassle than spending millions on average signings and we'd probably be able to attract a better calibre of player under Mac than we would with Gary.

I also think Lawrence would be better suited to a Mcclaren team than a Rowett. Mel won't see it like, because he's so far up Garys arse to give him the boot.

On 12/04/2018 at 09:43, McLovin said:

I wouldn’t play Pearce in a back 3 as he’s too slow. Put Wisdom in for him and that would be fine(Wisdom RCB, Keogh CCB and Davies LCB).

Sadly, I doubt we will ever switch to that kind of formation as it’s too “modern” for a tactical dinosaur like Rowett. He gets a brain freeze when teams play 3 at the back against us. His head would probably explode if he tried to get us to play that formation.

Good back 3's are comfortable on the ball first and foremost. Partly why its working well for England at the moment.

Keogh and Wisdom would be useful on right side of a back 3, and I think Fozzy given an offseason a and a new presason might be good on the left side. But Slowness isnt the only reason Pearce wouldnt be as good in a back 3, as a back 2.

On the 2nd item in bold. Davies is the same as Pearce. Davies is quality and you would want him the centre of the 3. But bringing the ball out, dropping the shoulder on an incoming CF, and picking a forward pass out, are not his fortee.

Rowett is by no means a tactical dinosaur at all, moreover he refuses to follow fashion trends, which is all this 3 at the back is. It wont be long until many clubs are abandoning it once again in favour of an extra player in the middle of the park.

22 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

I never said I disliked you, I'm sure you're a very affable person.

I said I dislike it when people say things that aren't true.

You're example of Milan not wanting Ince was untrue as shown in the link I provided.

Ince has said many times in the past that he wants to play games. I'd find a link except I'm on mobile right now but you can go back and find many articles about it.

There's no supposition. I'm simply going based on what people involved in these matters have said. What are you basing it off?

have just had a look ,i see he can't even get in against Millwall , i mean Milan ,please.

Rid 

Forsyth, Keogh, Thorne, butterfield, Blackman, nugent, Ayna, Johnson 

That’s 8 surely we’d get some money for them? Others I haven’t mentioned like Jerome because I don’t think we’d be able to sell! We need to get 4/5 youngest that might take time to progress but actually want to play for the shirt!! 

But knowing Derby we will keep them all and sell Vydra

PistoldPete2

atm I wouldnt mind anyone going except for Carson and Maybe Hud and DAvies. If Vydra or keogh go I would hope we get decent fees for them, not selling them for a bag of pork scratchings like we did with Will hughes. We will need whatever money we can get for a massive rebuild. We will probably have to bring a load of loan signings in, as most of the deadwood wont be gone for good until 2019.

Bring Bryson and Martin back from loan , and all the kids who inexplicably disappeared.

1 hour ago, Igorwasking said:

There is no-one in this team I wouldn’t sell to be honest.

I would be keen to hang on to Davis and Carson - but if we have takers for any of the others - sell.

Yes, even Vydra.

Davis and Carson are the only two I would keep, the others are either rubbish or past their sell by date.

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, derbydaz22 said:

I think we have added deadwood to deadwood ?

True.. Jerome and Ledley for a start.

PistoldPete2
6 hours ago, KCG said:

Davis and Carson are the only two I would keep, the others are either rubbish or past their sell by date.

I would keep hud, as he is a good DM. Unfortunately we dont have any AMs, or box to box midfielders or reallay any fit midfielders at all apart from Bryson who is out on loan.

Whatever happens next season if we are in the championship we need to utilise young players. Those with less experience of the prem with something to prove.

My GF a Licester fan :pinch: was astounded Nugent is our starting Striker. 'He was okay..... 3 years ago'

Lowe, Bennett, Rawson, Thomas, Bogle, Zanzala, Elsnik and that massive CB all deserve a chance.

7 hours ago, Waffle said:

Would love us to look abroad. Players like Felix Kroos in the Bundesliga. We just need to be creative.

I agree but Rowett closed the door on this saying they would only look in a couple of countries as others were too risky. Never understood that and it makes our potential pool of opportunities very limited.

Rowett is many things but not a risk taker is he.. Tried and trusted seems to be the motto. Only the trusted but seems to be lacking.

16 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

Whatever happens next season if we are in the championship we need to utilise young players. Those with less experience of the prem with something to prove.

My GF a Licester fan :pinch: was astounded Nugent is our starting Striker. 'He was okay..... 3 years ago'

Lowe, Bennett, Rawson, Thomas, Bogle, Zanzala, Elsnik and that massive CB all deserve a chance.

Rawson has been released bud signed for Forest Green.  Bennett needs to move on for his own career. 

I agree that Lowe should be given a chance.  His fitness is the big thing. Zanzala will not make it at Derby.

Archived