Do we really want to go up this year???

ramsbottom

On 4/10/2018 at 17:47, curtains said:

I do detect a impatience if we don’t do it this season with his recent protestations about it not being sustainable.  I mean Wolves have got it right why couldn’t we. 

I give you Jorges Mendes and a £40 million warchest, not to mention the players brought in on loan contacts

Our major outlays came under Clement and Pearson with neither really convincing in their recruitment abilities. Pearson at least brought us Vydra but we lost decent player to fund even that deal :(

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, ramblur said:

I'll post whenever I like on this forum, thanks. Nobody's forcing you to reply.

You've no idea how many first team games Mason might play in the remainder of his contract. Many on here (myself included) are of the opinion that if Will and Jeff had been at the stage of their developments , and in our current Academy,that they were when Nigel gave them their opportunities, then they wouldn't get first team opportunities, but would be farmed out on loan, because of our quest for promotion. Furthermore, if Nigel had the likes of Guy and Elsnik , instead of Will and Jeff, I reckon that he would have given both first team opportunities, because circumstances were far different then. I remember Nigel saying that he was going to give Jeff a run in the first team, yet Gary has said that youngsters need a run of games (quite rightly), and that we can't afford to do that without possibly prejudicing our promotion chances.

You have the gall to accuse me of drivel, and then come out with your statistical bunkum at the end of your post. Since when have averages over several clubs got any relevance to our own unique position? Why don't you get on to Wolves and tell them statistics show that they shouldn't be spending what they are on wages? How do your statistics explain our rise in wages in 16/17 - were you predicting a fall in wages for that year, and if not, why not? Talk about drivel.

yawwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnn. get a life

4 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

Where is the incentive for this lot to get promotion? The majority of them will be out on their ear if they go up. 

Stay down and get another seasons fat pay cheque.  

Spot on , just like i said in the Players Attitude post , this group of players are taking the piss out of us fans ! 

The long term future of the club depends on going up. If we go up, at least we will have the money to build for the long term. Stay in the championship and we will be a mid table team like Ipswich or QPR for years to come as we won’t have the money to invest in the team.

8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

yawwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnn. get a life

Hope you put your hand over your mouth. I did, to stop the neighbours hearing my laughter.  

We wouldnt have the time to get a good enough squad together, gel and to compete in the Prem. Bar Carson, I honestly think all this crop are Championship at best quality.

Vydra im 50/50 on after his WBA and Watford spells. The rest are old, ***** or surplus.

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

that's the worst comeback ever fella  .  must try harder x

I would suggest that if other people sharing their opinions is difficult for you then maybe you shouldn’t be on an Internet forum.

9 minutes ago, Duracell said:

I would suggest that if other people sharing their opinions is difficult for you then maybe you shouldn’t be on an Internet forum.

certainly have no problem with others having an opinion it happens to me a lot on here and I will stand my corner but do it with good humour on the whole- feel free to look back - but there has too come a point where you realistically post a reply to questions and keep getting bombarded with the same query from the same person it gets rather trying, this has been going on since the weekend .    I'm sure others are as fed up with it is I am, every time this chap sends me a post he challenges me to come back with a response to something I have clearly answered.

Archived