Do we really want to go up this year???

ramsbottom

YES

Has the Play Off final kick off time been decided yet on Saturday 26th May?

If like to know in case I can get back in time to watch Liverpool win the Champions League later that night with some Manchester United supporting chums.

Its not a problem, I could always go out on the Sunday and celebrate our promotion with some relegated Stoke City pals.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't post very often but been reading the forum for a long time

Whilst there's nothing id love more than to see us promoted I just can't see it happening. I'm sure nobody on here wants to see us fail. But at the minute it's hard to see anything else. I'm not a wrist slasher or a blind faither.. I'm realistic and as gr would say.. "the reality is". we're just not good enough. I don't like to say it but I think the Boro game will be a reality check for a lot of people. They've given us no reason to believe we can win this game.. or any of the last 4 for that matter. All these people saying we can beat Boro and still do this.. what are you actually basing that on? And I'm talking on our current form/performances. Not on November/Decembers performances before you say it

1 hour ago, Rosythram said:

Times today devoted a page in the sports pages to “ Bottlers tag merited for a side who look set to miss out on the play-offs again”

Guess who this article relates to!

Rachel Riley called Spurs "bottle jobs" and they were up in arms.

I have no problems being labelled "bottle jobs!" because we are and the stats show it

4 minutes ago, lushrams said:

Rachel Riley called Spurs "bottle jobs" and they were up in arms.

I have no problems being labelled "bottle jobs!" because we are and the stats show it

It’s such a lazy tag though. 

14/15 - injuries 

15/16 - Clement getting found out, Wassall turned it around

16/17 - McClaren abandoned what got us on a good run

17/18 - Everything Vydra hit was going in (his first 11 goals came from 13 shots), Carson was unbeatable and Keogh wasn’t being man-marked - unsustainable rise up the table that the stats actually predicted 

16 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

I'm just going to be honest and say that I don't want us to go up this season. I hope we lose most of the remaining games and it forces a change of approach for next season.

Sorry.:mellow:

No need to be sorry, it's being sensible and pragmatic. Exactly the approach the club needs to be taking...

3 hours ago, wixman1884 said:

I'm just going to be honest and say that I don't want us to go up this season. I hope we lose most of the remaining games and it forces a change of approach for next season.

Sorry.:mellow:

It'd be a very sad day for me if I ever wanted the team to lose a single game.

2 hours ago, ramit said:

No, i don't want the team to go up this season, nor make the playoffs.  i have no desire to see us humiliated in the PL again.  Club needs an overhaul, this team is not up to the task. .

Ya, I think a new approach is needed from next season. Buying expensive players only works when such players are prepared to graft week in week out, to augment their skills, and (much as it galls me to say it) I just don't see it in some of our players, and it worries me when our captain feels the need to talk about 'lack of ambition' in some. Always a risky thing to say, as it might bring about 2 opposite results, but I think someone needed to say it. I sometimes wonder if our state of the art training facilities works against us, in that players' lives are a bit too cushy (allied to their fat pay packets). If you're on good money, you should put in the effort to justify it, otherwise you're just an ungrateful spiv with a total disregard for owner, manager and fans alike.

I remember the late, great Shanks being asked how he prepared for cup ties against lower league opposition. 'First you match them for effort, then you beat them with skill' he growled.

Whatever our skill levels might be, it'd be nice if we followed the first bit on a more regular basis.

Archived