Wolverhampton Wanderers v Derby County

RiddingsRam

Bit doom and gloom on here. I’ve seen far worse. We look a touch loose defensively and a bit toothless in attack thus far but we didn’t let our heads drop after the early goal. Some of the passing has been crisp, just not far enough forward to cause problems yet. Need a few more outlets and ideas in the final third. So far the plan is Tom and matej run at em and nuge run offside. Still in it.

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Kernow said:

It's so funny the difference a goal can make. If this were 0-0, the negative comments would be flipped to "look how well we're doing in nullifying the best team in the league".

There's one goal in it. No matter who the teams are, there's always a very good chance of getting a goal out of nothing, we've done it before this season.

This is arguably the hardest game of the season, made even harder when you go 1 down after 5 minutes due to a mistake. I'd gladly take a point right now even if we spend the whole half on the edge of our box and then score a 93rd minute goalmouth scramble from a corner. This game isn't going to define whether we make the top six or not so anything we can get from it is going to go a long way to helping us extend our season a little longer.

Disagree Kernow but each to their own. The first 45 at PNE was just as bad as this and that was 0-0, didn't flip the negativity. 

I'd love us to nick a point but why do we have to play like this? I want to scratch my eyeballs out. I didn't expect anything tonight; not a goal, not a point. Does it mean we have to go out with such a whimper though? 

As I said previously, unless we change anything we're literally banking on Wolves to keep missing opportunities and to get lucky at the other end to get anything from this game. Percentage stuff at it's finest. Not a fan of it tbh. 

Would love to see a reaction after HT, grow some balls and let's have a go. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

People on here are incredibly harsh on Derby County 

Your so right, I mean we kept our half of the pitch tidy,didn't upset any of their players or fans by showing such considerations as even attempting to score a goal..we've shown so much respect i can only assume we our cleaning the bogs in the changing room for them right now.

no well done lads ,let me get me cheque book out and get me season ticket . Absolute drivel this was a game we could afford to have a go and try and get something. Instead it's just a waste of a game.Didn't expect us to win but would have expected us to at least have a go.

1 minute ago, curtains said:

We know Wolves are better than us the table doesn’t lie but the spending power of them has been much more than us this season. 

Spending doesn't mean points otherwise we'd be up by now and Villa would be this years champions. 

Its how you use the hireys and then how you coach the team.

Not giving up tonight though cos if the players pull their fingers out, we can play much better.

If not, we're fuc.. snookered.

3 minutes ago, Beagle said:

We have conceeded to a school boy error from Baird and Carson has had one shot straight at him to save apart from that a few half chances.They have had a lot of the ball moved it well but not created anything clear cut apart from the goal.

We have not had anything going forward but if Baird does not make that error the comments on here would be very different.

But if Baird didn’t make that error then Wolves would probably be pushing harder.

At 1-0 and their entire half to pass around in without pressure they are now having a kick around 

We are playing like  we have something to defend

2 minutes ago, Beagle said:

We have conceeded to a school boy error from Baird and Carson has had one shot straight at him to save apart from that a few half chances.They have had a lot of the ball moved it well but not created anything clear cut apart from the goal.

We have not had anything going forward but if Baird does not make that error the comments on here would be very different.

Just because that particular action led to a particular result, it doesn't mean that removing that action takes only the result away. Had Baird not played Jota onside, it may still not have been 0-0 at half time. Awarding a free kick at that point would have led to an entirely different set of effects. Wolves could have ended up 4-0 up at half time (or even the opposite...).

Just now, Mr Tibbs said:

Disagree Kernow but each to their own. The first 45 at PNE was just as bad as this and that was 0-0, didn't flip the negativity. 

I'd love us to nick a point but why do we have to play like this? I want to scratch my eyeballs out. I didn't expect anything tonight; not a goal, not a point. Does it mean we have to go out with such a whimper though? 

As I said previously, unless we change anything we're literally banking on Wolves to keep missing opportunities and to get lucky at the other end to get anything from this game. Percentage stuff at it's finest. Not a fan of it tbh. 

Would love to see a reaction after HT, grow some balls and let's have a go. 

But after Preston, look at the reaction. Season back on track, turning point blah blah blah. GR said after the game as long as you get results, the majority of fans will go home happy regardless of performance - and that's true. It's not going to please everybody no matter how we approach the game, but the unhappiest are always the loudest.

As an alternative approach we could go for it, start putting more players forward, but then if we're hit on the break and end up shipping a couple more, there'll be criticism again for those reasons. It really is so hard to strike a balance, which obviously we haven't found just yet. The longer the game goes on, the less we have to lose, so I think we'll be more adventurous as the game progresses, but the worst thing we can do now is leave ourselves open and concede another early goal - that kills the game.

2 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Your so right, I mean we kept our half of the pitch tidy,didn't upset any of their players or fans by showing such considerations as even attempting to score a goal..we've shown so much respect i can only assume we our cleaning the bogs in the changing room for them right now.

no well done lads ,let me get me cheque book out and get me season ticket . Absolute drivel this was a game we could afford to have a go and try and get something. Instead it's just a waste of a game.Didn't expect us to win but would have expected us to at least have a go.

What would you want play like this lose 1 - 0 or have a go and lose by 5 or the fog to come down thick?

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, one_chop said:

Awful performance, Wolves are playing a practice match here. 

I really don't think Rowett is the man for us. We are so bland and boring.

Like your posts.:lol:

Archived