Rowett - In or Out?

LE_Ram

Rowett - In or Out?  

330 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, King Kevin said:

How do international managers cope ? Don't get me wrong I am not a SM supporter by any means but it didn't take him a year. Huddersfield ,Watford ,Wolves I could go on where a manager as turned a team around .

and exactly here in lies the problem.

every time a watford, a wolves or a Huddersfield go up by sacking their manager and hitting the right note with a brand new one first time of asking, like we did with billy fans and chairman around the country go well it worked for them ....

it aint the norm though is it and more often than not clubs, big clubs such as derby, Leeds and forest who churn through managers like it's a merry go round end up ... well like we are now with no real game plan as  to how to get out of this league and a collection or lots of managers players, ideas and philosophies and subsequently a pretty bloated wage bill leaving even less wriggle room for the next lucky so and so.

Just now, ram1964 said:

Until a proven established manager can be attracted i dont see any alternative.

We won't attract any managers that aren't currently out of work herein lies the problem - we can't afford to pay off an existing manager and then fork out compensation to another club to release their existing manager.

8 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

and exactly here in lies the problem.

every time a watford, a wolves or a Huddersfield go up by sacking their manager and hitting the right note with a brand new one first time of asking, like we did with billy fans and chairman around the country go well it worked for them ....

it aint the norm though is it and more often than not clubs, big clubs such as derby, Leeds and forest who churn through managers like it's a merry go round end up ... well like we are now with no real game plan as  to how to get out of this league and a collection or lots of managers players, ideas and philosophies and subsequently a pretty bloated wage bill leaving even less wriggle room for the next lucky so and so.

Fair point , in the poll I voted GR to stay. I guess the trick is to swap for the right manager Mel hasn't got there yet ,or maybe he did and they didn't get the time.

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Local bloke,former player,decent chap but as a manager,his style isn't what I want to see a derby team playing..

After this week's results,that's just cemented my view that he needs to be replaced.

Oh go away 

You should only look to replace a manager if you believe that a) he is not getting the maximum out of the squad at his disposal & b) that there is an ideal candidate who would be able to.

Derby currently sit 5th with 7 matches left. The general consensus on this forum in August was that a top half finish was expected but that top 6 was not guaranteed - there was practically no-one who expected top two. Therefore on that basis, Rowett is performing to expectations. Forget about the style, its a results based business.

My main criticism of him would be transfer targets which are along the same lines as we've had for 3 years - big names, generally past their best, Premiership experience, big wages. I'll give Rowett the benefit of the doubt by assuming he preferred experience to 'help us over the line' but this team needs youth, pace, energy & ambition - particularly in midfield/attacking areas - to fully implement Rowett's high press/high energy approach. If as expected we don't go up, I'd like to see a significant infusion of youth in the summer to build for the next 5 years.

25 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Well,that's certainly changed my mind curtains,very impressive arguement there.

Did you expect any different kash ? Post something the pro Rowett people don’t like the look of and the default setting with some of them is to insult, question sanity or resort to crass one liners.

I’ll go on record and take all their nonsense by saying this, if Rowett gets this club to the Premier League, we’ll stink it out like it’s never been stunk before...and we’ve got previous. 

I'm delighted that we won today, despite the fact that last week I said that I had lost interest. Obviously I haven't lost as much interest as I thought. I have no desire for Rowett to get the sack - equally I have no great love for the way we play.

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

Can’t take the fact we won some  Derby fans 

Always  want to have a go at DCFC 

Check my previous posts tonight, I was relieved and happy with the three points, happier still other results went the way they did, I have not made one comment on our performance today, which many have, and I still won’t. The three points were what it’s all about tonight.

Further, it’s only the way the manager sets us up to play I “have a go” at, never the club as a whole. 

Lets see how the season ticket sales go. It will be interesting to see the early bird numbers as a gauge on how the fans perceive the club at the moment. 

I know around me theres plenty of seats that are sitting empty that wernt at the start of the season. 

Lets face it, any board starts to get jittery as soon as they see the income going down and pressure starts to mount on the manager. 

My gut feel, some people will pick and choose games more, and season tickets will reduce purely down to the football on show this season. 

Let Gary carry on, he can have the start of next season to continue his progress.  However if the style doesnt change and results arnt clever then he wont last long. 

Archived