Rowett - In or Out?

LE_Ram

Rowett - In or Out?  

330 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Inglorius said:

The Sky Sport stat about Derby not winning a match at home for x number of games after they'd fallen behind first was far more instructive for me.

6 matches I think?

A worrying stat all round, where's the fight and desire, don't say they just collapse? I thought Rowett had changed the squads mentality!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RoyMac5 said:

6 matches I think?

A worrying stat all round, where's the fight and desire, don't say they just collapse? I thought Rowett had changed the squads mentality!

We thought (hoped) he's changed the mindset. It's apparently beyond the expertise a football coach..... psychotherapy treatment is what's required for this lot. 

Just now, europia said:

We thought (hoped) he's changed the mindset. It's apparently beyond the expertise a football coach..... psychotherapy treatment is what's required for this lot. 

I didn't believe anything was just down to mindset, there were other factors in combination, although at times one could question their determination. I don't overall think any of our past teams have been 'bottlers' and I believe they all wanted to be promoted. It was mostly down to not having the right pieces of the jigsaw, whether that it players or management ability...

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I didn't believe anything was just down to mindset, there were other factors in combination, although at times one could question their determination. I don't overall think any of our past teams have been 'bottlers' and I believe they all wanted to be promoted. It was mostly down to not having the right pieces of the jigsaw, whether that it players or management ability...

Just seems odd that we can play well enough for 4 months to get into a decent position, then capitulate.  I'm sure other teams in the top six have had injuries and suspensions. As far as I'm aware, they don't seem to fold at the first sign of moderate pressure.

Firmly believe that we need some consistency and Gary needs more time. I know a lot of fans seem unable to think long term, but personally I'd be happy to give him another season. We do need a couple more players (a LB for example) but we're not necessarily that far off, just had a bad couple of months. Perhaps I'm too lenient.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I can easily think long term, just not with Rowett! :ph34r:

Haha, fair point. I'd like to see him given more time. But ultimately, if we were to change managers I hope they do it soon after the last game this season (I'm not thinking we'll get in the play offs, nevermind get to Wembley, then win them) and give the next guy a transfer window.

4 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Yay let's make it yet another season where we sack another manager!!!!

and then stand there scratching our heads and asking ourselves why we're still in this league with a mish mash of god knows how many mangers player

grow up people, suck it up and get behind them.

It's football, **** happens, it ain't good and I'm as upset as the next man, especially as a STH having to sit through it 

but that's football people it ain't all rosey 

I would like to think when Mel is interviewing a prospective manager that he would ask if he could work with the existing players /system .

If he's changed managers this many times with the remit to rip things up every time then  he needs to think things through a bit more.

1 hour ago, europia said:

Just seems odd that we can play well enough for 4 months to get into a decent position, then capitulate.  I'm sure other teams in the top six have had injuries and suspensions. As far as I'm aware, they don't seem to fold at the first sign of moderate pressure.

Made me laugh, there's a poster on another forum reckons Derby should introduce half season tickets from August up to end of December .After that we could all do something better with our time.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

6 matches I think?

It's not just about fight and desire IMHO it demonstrates that Rowett has his team set up to allow the opposition to have the ball but doesn't have an alternative system to revert to when we need to dictate the pace of play, pretty one dimensional.

26 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

It’s not sacking so many managers in a short space of time that’s the problem, it’s getting the right one in the first instance, that is

Or/and knowing which one to hold on to

26 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

It’s not sacking so many managers in a short space of time that’s the problem, it’s getting the right one in the first instance, that is

Wrong. Mel Morris is already limiting the talent pool by only going for out of work managers which is probably driven by trying not to compound paying compensation money on top of the severance package to get rid of an existing manager. 

6 hours ago, King Kevin said:

I would like to think when Mel is interviewing a prospective manager that he would ask if he could work with the existing players /system .

If he's changed managers this many times with the remit to rip things up every time then  he needs to think things through a bit more.

I think though prospective new manager is probably thinking/hoping/expecting he might get more than a season to work with said players to try and fashion them into a side... not unless he's got one of those magic wand things lol 

On 31 March 2018 at 17:57, Leicester Ram said:

He got very lucky in inheriting Vydra because otherwise his attacking set-up really dismall.

First of all I'd like to apologise for picking out one line in what was a very interesting post, which I pretty much agreed with wholeheartedly, but this one line stuck out like sore thumb to me.

You could also say that he was very lucky inheriting a squad that contained Hughes, Martin, Ince, Bryson, Thorne, Keogh, Carson.

All still in their prime, a decent manager could surely get them motivated and playing good football again. 

Rowett said rather smugly early on that he'd studied videos of Watford games to see how to get the best out of out of Vydra, so we've ended up playing a striker in midfield and giving the freedom of midfield! and all possession to the opposition. 

Its a shame he didn't just watch the DVD of the 5-0 v Forest, pretty much all of that team was still available, I could have lent him my copy.

23 minutes ago, curb said:

First of all I'd like to apologise for picking out one line in what was a very interesting post, which I pretty much agreed with wholeheartedly, but this one line stuck out like sore thumb to me.

You could also say that he was very lucky inheriting a squad that contained Hughes, Martin, Ince, Bryson, Thorne, Keogh, Carson.

All still in their prime, a decent manager could surely get them motivated and playing good football again. 

Rowett said rather smugly early on that he'd studied videos of Watford games to see how to get the best out of out of Vydra, so we've ended up playing a striker in midfield and giving the freedom of midfield! and all possession to the opposition. 

Its a shame he didn't just watch the DVD of the 5-0 v Forest, pretty much all of that team was still available, I could have lent him my copy.

I'm sure Rowett is/was very aware of the 5-0 win over Forest. His lads a Derby fan, and he's lived in the area for X amount of years 

11 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

I think though prospective new manager is probably thinking/hoping/expecting he might get more than a season to work with said players to try and fashion them into a side... not unless he's got one of those magic wand things lol 

How do international managers cope ? Don't get me wrong I am not a SM supporter by any means but it didn't take him a year. Huddersfield ,Watford ,Wolves I could go on where a manager as turned a team around .

PistoldPete2
On 31 March 2018 at 08:51, PistoldPete2 said:

Having slept on it I think give them Monday to redeem themselves a bit. If it's more of the same then Rowett has to go. 

Well I may be fickle but not quite as fickle as I could have been. Rowett keeps his job for now, according to Chairman PistoldPete

Archived