Rowett - In or Out?

LE_Ram

Rowett - In or Out?  

330 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Never should have employed him in the first place. I said at the time he was not upto the job and he is proving me correct in a way that is painful to us all and to the club. 

We should have stuck with Wassall considering he was inexperienced he did a good job and would have gained experience. Get Rowett out and give Wassall a couple of seasons and the chance to bring some youngsters into the team, rather than signing old players.  

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Gary is a Derby man through and through, he new that was awful tonight, I hope some of the players now grow a pair and stand up and be counted, I still believe Gary will take us up in the next few seasons, just wish Derby had not wasted all those millions Rush spent on average players, Gary had and has a very hard job to do thanks to some of the mistakes made in the last few seasons by  managers and the board, not Gary's fault what went on before him, but he will sort it.

The trouble is.....gary has wasted millions too.

We can’t keep changing managers. Overall has seen small progress so he stays for me. He needs time to get his squad together and then we’ll see how he does.

For example if Lookman had signed on 31st January we could be in a better position and as far as I know not getting Lookman wasn’t Rowett’s fault. Small margins.

I think he should stay until the end of the season but anymore performance’s like that and say we end up finishing 10th I would consider sacking him. I’m not a fan of his style of football but when it takes you to 2nd in the league i was prepared to put up with it. We are set up to be hard to beat and we simply can’t chase games when we go a goal down,we have so many players playing badly at the moment I just can’t see where a win is coming from.

He has to take his share of responsibility, but this poll has appeared after tonight's game when

1) It wasn't Rowett that scored a stupid and uncesessary own goal

2) It wasn't Rowett that backpassed without looking allowing their striker in for the second

3) It wasn't Rowett that got mugged off then compounded the error buy giving away a penalty

4) it wasn't Rowett that failed to defend a corner, allowed the ball to be collected, failed to defend the second cross and failed to block the shot that went in.

Yes he's the manager but for me the attitude of the players, their lack of desire, fight, passion whatever you want to call it; they're the ones who need the spotlight shone on them.

Everyone banging on about Cameron Jerome as being a sure sign of his ineptitude, have a look at what we had to spend, have a look at what we could afford, have a look at Matin wanting to go, have a look at one hand tied behind his back. He didn't have a choice of Messi, Ronaldo or Jerome and chose the latter, did he? 

He's made mistakes for sure, the team looks chaotic, questions can be asked about his attitude towards youth and tactics, but sacking him will achieve very little at this stage.

If I could sack anyone, there'd be a list of players in the queue ahead of Rowett.

11 hours ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Stupid thread, a new squad needs to be built and giving managers one season to do it without a warchest is ridiculous. Rowett needs two years minimum to get rid of the clearly rotten core of the squad. Mel coming out and saying he's not throwing money into new signings only makes the job harder! The manager HAS to stay! 

No he doesn't have to stay .You can't blame last night on anybody but Rowett. He has had made 5 signings and 2 loans, shipped out 8 players( who have been in the first team squad). Rowettt has had the chances to make major changes to the squad and has to take some responsibility. he has chosen the barren defensive football we have suffered so far this season. Get rid at season end.

6 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Everyone banging on about Cameron Jerome as being a sure sign of his ineptitude, have a look at what we had to spend, have a look at what we could afford, have a look at Matin wanting to go

Evidence please .  Rowett made his intentions clear from November at least . Dropping Martin from a winning team. Anyone who saw Martin at Brum will know he could still have contributed. What has Martin supposedly wanting out  go to do with choosing Jerome, who had not scored for ages, was not regularly playing in a first team . Jerome was Rowett's choice. How many successful passes to a team mate did Jerome make last night? Was Jerome the only forward available to Rowett?

What are the players meant to make Rowett's team selections?  His constant unnecessary changes  to the team , how does that help player confidence? Who is responsible for how deepp we defended last night? On;ly Rowett.

37 minutes ago, AndyB said:

We can’t keep changing managers. Overall has seen small progress so he stays for me. He needs time to get his squad together and then we’ll see how he does.

For example if Lookman had signed on 31st January we could be in a better position and as far as I know not getting Lookman wasn’t Rowett’s fault. Small margins.

Trouble is Andy, many of us don’t trust his judgement when it comes to signing players anymore. He’s pissed away millions on crap like Lawrence and Jerome and overseen the exit of the likes of Hughes and Ince so why should we believe he’ll get it right the next time?  

16 minutes ago, DRBee said:

No he doesn't have to stay .You can't blame last night on anybody but Rowett. He has had made 5 signings and 2 loans, shipped out 8 players( who have been in the first team squad). Rowettt has had the chances to make major changes to the squad and has to take some responsibility. he has chosen the barren defensive football we have suffered so far this season. Get rid at season end.

So, if only Rowett is the only one to blame for last night's defeat, how would you respond to Vulcan Rams comments about the four goals?

I agree he has to take his fair share but to suggest everyone else is blameless is frankly ridiculous. 

I answered the question exactly - I closed my eyes and thought about the last few games and based my answer solely on that. He got sacked. I don't want a manager who gives us that.

Then i opened my eyes and thought about the long term plan, the fact that we're in transition, the fact that Gary's in the middle of sorting out a load of crap at the club, the fact that only nobhead fans can't accept a thrashing now and again and the fact that the remit for this season was never to get promoted at all costs.

Swallow the bad form - cheer the team - let the man crack on.

TobyWanKenobi

See where we lie after the final game of the season. Top 6, let's try again next season as top 6 was the aim, below that, time to give someone else a chance.

He's had a full year. He's had chance to bring in players. He's let lots leave and brought in several of his own players. No one can claim this isn't his team now. 

If we are going to change managers, do so while giving the incoming manager a full summer to make the squad his own, and not at Christmas when the season is already ruined so we have another season down the toilet.

2 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

I answered the question exactly - I closed my eyes and thought about the last few games and based my answer solely on that. He got sacked. I don't want a manager who gives us that.

Then i opened my eyes and thought about the long term plan, the fact that we're in transition, the fact that Gary's in the middle of sorting out a load of crap at the club, the fact that only nobhead fans can't accept a thrashing now and again and the fact that the remit for this season was never to get promoted at all costs.

Swallow the bad form - cheer the team - let the man crack on.

All good points - but last night was a disaster.

Thrashed at home by a desperately bad team at the bottom of the table, and after quite a long rest (Cardiff PP and international break).

Has to be a response v PNE - has to be.

6 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

Thrashed at home by a desperately bad team at the bottom of the table

Yeah but these relegation battling teams can be buggers at this end of the season. But yeah - a response is needed straight away if we want playoffs.

28 minutes ago, DRBee said:

Evidence please .  Rowett made his intentions clear from November at least . Dropping Martin from a winning team. Anyone who saw Martin at Brum will know he could still have contributed. What has Martin supposedly wanting out  go to do with choosing Jerome, who had not scored for ages, was not regularly playing in a first team . Jerome was Rowett's choice. How many successful passes to a team mate did Jerome make last night? Was Jerome the only forward available to Rowett?

What are the players meant to make Rowett's team selections?  His constant unnecessary changes  to the team , how does that help player confidence? Who is responsible for how deepp we defended last night? On;ly Rowett.

47 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Everyone banging on about Cameron Jerome as being a sure sign of his ineptitude, have a look at what we had to spend, have a look at what we could afford, have a look at Matin wanting to go, have a look at one hand tied behind his back. He didn't have a choice of Messi, Ronaldo or Jerome and chose the latter, did he? 

We should have spent the £1.5 million spewed on Jerome on a loan fee for somebody  like Mitrovic, Afobe, Grabban - all of whom have improved our ‘rivals’ or even kept Bent. Instead we have somebody at the club for 18 months probably on more than 20k a week.

Rowett was very defensive, not long after Jerome had signed, about his January transfer business and put Jerome in the same bracket as the above.  That is the ineptitude!

Archived