Rowett - In or Out?

LE_Ram

Rowett - In or Out?  

330 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Simsy said:

I would like to know how many of the current 37 rowett out brigade would have taken 5th pre season.

I think that excuse ran it's course with the whole "we're second in the league, stop complaining" bout. 

Just the 17 points off second now. 

I'd have taken 5th pre-season, I'll take 5th now.. will we finish 5th? Not on the evidence of tonight, the previous game, the previous months worth of games and the month before that too. May will be a better time to throw that one around.

After tonight I can understand folk wanting Rowett gone but for me the single largest contributory factor to the lack of success has been the constant churn of managers. He has to be given the summer window. In the longterm, is he our guy? That's a tougher question to answer and the truth is, I don't know.

Sacking Rowett when whoever comes in won’t have any resources to change things and will have the same millstones Rowett has will not achieve anything!

As abject as tonight was (worst performance for many years!) we are still 5th. I don’t think we will stay there but I also don’t think a new manager will improve our situation. This is the legacy of bad spending under Clement (whether Clement was responsible for that or not)

Sacking the manager has been a brilliant tactic for us in the past! Maybe, just maybe, the players aren't good enough? And maybe, just a little maybe, we should give a manager more than 1 year to turn this *****-er of a club around? Or, whatever, sack Rowett. Sack Maclaren. Sack Pearson. Sack Clement. Sack Maclaren. Sack the board. Anyone but the players. 

At the last fans forum Mel said that irrespective of results, gary will be our manager next season.

Thats the problem with these forums, he makes unnecessary commitments

too much talk.

Gary is a Derby man through and through, he new that was awful tonight, I hope some of the players now grow a pair and stand up and be counted, I still believe Gary will take us up in the next few seasons, just wish Derby had not wasted all those millions Rush spent on average players, Gary had and has a very hard job to do thanks to some of the mistakes made in the last few seasons by  managers and the board, not Gary's fault what went on before him, but he will sort it.

1 hour ago, Simsy said:

I would like to know how many of the current 37 rowett out brigade would have taken 5th pre season.

Preseason I expected to start the season poorly, and improve month by month and look a lot more coherent as a side by the end of the season. In actuality, we haven't done this. We started poorly, rapidly improved our results and looked somewhat cohesive, and have fallen to bits since February. I'm not seeing progression now. I'm seeing a slum that is rapidly turning into a crisis, and I don't see Rowett to be the man to lead us out of it. I see us finishing as low as 10th.

I also expected good recruitment, but what did we get? Jerome, a guy at the twilight stages of his career who has looked WOEFUL at Derby so far. In return, we shipped out Martin on loan, a good footballing striker who offers ball control, unlike Jerome who's first touch takes the ball about 10 metres in front of him. 

We also replaced Ince with Lawrence. I'm not saying we could have kept Ince. But we replaced the best winger in the league, with someone who I'm not sure what attributes they actually offer? What does Lawrence do? He doesn't put good crosses in the box, he doesn't take players on, he doesn't score goals. So what is the point in him exactly? We paid a lot of money for a player who can occasionally do a step over, but doesn't create anything. 

We also have an extremely short term squad. Rowett signed a bunch of over 30 players. What will we do with these players in a couple of years? They've all almost no resale value because of their age, and they will stop to drop off in form. So therefore, it's not an investment for the future, we can't make any profit margins on the players we bought. To buy such a short term squad, shouldn't it be expected that we would be comfortably in the top 6? These players are probably on their last contract and on a decent chunk in wages, and we have no chance of offloading them. 

We've also had a pretty awful week off the field, with allegations flying in the Rush lawsuit getting in the national press. It could be argued we're looking like a laughing stock at the moment. Not to ignore the fact we haven't won in 8 games, and we just got thumped by the team on the bottom of the table. 

But like you say, we're 5th, so it's all good right?

6 hours ago, OxfordRam said:

Sacking the manager has been a brilliant tactic for us in the past! Maybe, just maybe, the players aren't good enough? And maybe, just a little maybe, we should give a manager more than 1 year to turn this *****-er of a club around? Or, whatever, sack Rowett. Sack Maclaren. Sack Pearson. Sack Clement. Sack Maclaren. Sack the board. Anyone but the players. 

sack every1 all the players, but the 2 i would keep is hughes and ince, oh hang on we cant because GR has sold our best players so get rid of the clown 

Archived