Rowett - In or Out?

LE_Ram

Rowett - In or Out?  

330 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The only way I would support sacking rowett is if Marco silva was the replacement and it was clearly understood as a rebuild that HAS to be given time ,,, I think rowett thought that the players he had had what it takes to get promoted iif he added some experienced decent quality players,,,, well now he knows ,, forget promotion for a few years , get rid of anyone from the qpr play off final era and ffs sort out our scouting network 

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His transfer dealings are shocking, kieftenbeld/bryson rang alarm bells.

He clearly doesn't care about youth as he sent most of them on loan.

His tactics are woeful.

He has no plan B...not sure he has a plan A.

He doesn't know how to get a player of the quality of Palmer to fit into his system.

Cameron bloody Jerome.

He stays for me.

11 minutes ago, archied said:

The only way I would support sacking rowett is if Marco silva was the replacement and it was clearly understood as a rebuild that HAS to be given time ,,, I think rowett thought that the players he had had what it takes to get promoted iif he added some experienced decent quality players,,,, well now he knows ,, forget promotion for a few years , get rid of anyone from the qpr play off final era and ffs sort out our scouting network 

Forgot to add that the concern with the silva option is that it’s highly likely that the minute he looked like he was doing well other clubs would be in and he would move on quick smart

9 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Brighton didn't sack Hughton when they had a poor season. Given time things can change and I hope they do. Too many more performances like that though and he is buggered.

When exactly did Brighton have a poor season under Houghton? In his first full season they finished 3rd, then second season got autos. 

Since the 9th of January 2018 Derby County have played 12 games and have won 2, drawn 7 and lost 5, averaging 1 point per game and conceding 15 goals.

So what's the relevance of the 9th January 2018, well, it's the date that Rowett signed an improved contract with Derby, extending his stay as the club's manager until 2021.......................job done!

The most depressing thing is that without a monumental change of playing personel and a bit more tactical nous theres every possibility that there could be three more years of last nights dross! 

I didn't want Rowett. I don't like his style of football and philosophy.  But he doesn;t deserve to be sacked.

At the start of the season I thought this would be a transition year and we'd finish 8th to 6th.  I still think that but it's just our hopes were raised by us being 2nd for a while and then falling away.

We can't keep on having different managers and the squad being a hotch potch suiting different styles. He deserves another year (even though I dislike watching it)

4 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Since the 9th of January 2018 Derby County have played 12 games and have won 2, drawn 7 and lost 5, averaging 1 point per game and conceding 15 goals.

So what's the relevance of the 9th January 2018, well, it's the date that Rowett signed an improved contract with Derby, extending his stay as the club's manager until 2021.......................job done!

The most depressing thing is that without a monumental change of playing personel and a bit more tactical nous theres every possibility that there could be three more years of last nights dross! 

I'm not a fan of his either but this is unfair on him.  He's shown he can produce a well organised team. We're on a shocking run. He deserves another window to try and sort it out. He'll have to be inventive as we have no cash to spare.  He's shown he's willing to sell big names to fund things last year (I disagreed with Hughes going but he's not afraid to sacrificie sacred cows).  I can see Thorne off to Ipswich if McClaren gets the job there

I know I'm in minority (maybe not today) with my dislike to current way we play. But I'm a most likely minority of a minority because I want him to stay. As much as I despair the football, our team needs some kind of direction (and the club strategy). My personal preference is secondary...

True love, that what it is. It's not you, it's me...

He has to go.If not we will be in a relegation battle next season.His transfer dealings ,tactics and team selection have been woeful. The football is as bad as the jewell era.We cannot trust him in another transfer window. We certainly can't trust him with the welfare of the young men in the academy,just think of the tactics he will teach them.

PistoldPete2

Having slept on it I think give them Monday to redeem themselves a bit. If it's more of the same then Rowett has to go. 

Six things (at least) that Rowett deserves to be sacked for :- 

Sending out Martin on loan ..

Sending out Elsnick on loan ..

Not appreciating Will Hughes ..

Buying Cameron Jerome ..

Buying Tom Lawrence .. 

Hiding in the dugout for the last 20 minutes last night .. !! 

If we sacked Rowett there’s nobody screaming out to me as his immediate replacement.

I’ve said this for a couple of seasons now, how can you go through so many managers and not look at the old core of players who are to blame for this bottlejob tag. They are the ones who need to go and not the manager. I like Rowett but to get all the fans on his side, he needs to grow some and properly overhaul this squad. Give him one more full season to show some improvements with a brand new look squad.

Richard Keogh is like a mate who’s great for a laugh but when you need him at the most important times he’s never there. That’s why as a captain I wouldn’t be sad if we sold him. He’s had plenty of chances now.

9 hours ago, Simsy said:

I would like to know how many of the current 37 rowett out brigade would have taken 5th pre season.

I was at Brentford last season when we were humiliated 4-0 and I knew then that Rowett wasn’t the right man for the job. His football is dreadful, his distain for players with real flair/creativity is obvious, and his tactics negative and one dimensional. If he stays at this club his influence on the academy and transfer policy will be ruinous and leave us in a state for years. If Clement can be sacked when 4th in the table and Mac gets the boot for losing to Brighton away having not had a couple of transfer windows to change  why shouldn’t Rowett face the boot? 

6 minutes ago, Jayram said:

I was at Brentford last season when we were humiliated 4-0 and I knew then that Rowett wasn’t the right man for the job. His football is dreadful, his distain for players with real flair/creativity is obvious, and his tactics negative and one dimensional. If he stays at this club his influence on the academy and transfer policy will be ruinous and leave us in a state for years. If Clement can be sacked when 4th in the table and Mac gets the boot for losing to Brighton away having not had a couple of transfer windows to change  why shouldn’t Rowett face the boot? 

Apparently because mel likes chatting to him.

If they take another beating on Monday I might not be so forgiving. 

That said many managers have now tried and failed with and without investment.

We aren't ready for the premier league, if we went up we'd do as badly as we did previously.   In fact last night performance took me back to a Jimmy Jewell-ish effort

I'd say the entertainment value has been fairly poor this season, but does that matter if we win???? 

Who would do a better job? 

Archived