Does Rowett deserve to be here next season?

Sexydadbod

He needs to walk...

The worst football I've seen in twenty years is being played by us...disjointed,boring,slow.

It's not as though he's even trying  to build a team with the academy lads or bringing some young players in...no we sell our talents and replace them with ineffective replacements.

Bloody dreadful,I really don't want to watch this rubbish again next season,I'd rather see a young team developing and playing football on the floor which gets me excited again.

Another thing...didn't Clement get sacked for doing exactly the same thing that gr has done this year(but considerably less well and I never thought I'd be putting Clements football above many others).

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always try to wait a day until I post about wins and losses, however.....

I deliberately watched Gary after the 4th goal went in to see his reaction. 

What I was looking for was him to front up, show some leadership and attempt to drive the team forward from the touchline. Granted it was a lost cause by that time, however show some metal and show the team that he demands a 90 minute performance. 

What did we get? 15 minutes of him sitting in the dugout, looking lost and out of ideas, and the team was directionless to the point of ineptitude from 75 mins to 90 mins.

It was worryingly like he didnt know what to do and was hiding. For someone so media savvy it didnt look good. 

From my point of view, the main criticism is because he has played the same system and under performing players for 2 months without a win and I cant see him trying something different. 

I think he is now under pressure from the stands, which filters into the boardroom. 

4 minutes ago, Simsy said:

We are 5th... no matter how dreadful we have been lately we are still 5th.

Unfortunately we are only 5th due to inconsistent results of the teams just below us who are by the way now on the same points - If Bristol and Middlesborough win their next games and we don't then we are out the top 6 and on current form probably for good with Villa, Wolves and Cardiff to play.  

1 minute ago, CWC1983 said:

What did we get? 15 minutes of him sitting in the dugout, looking lost and out of ideas, and the team was directionless to the point of ineptitude from 75 mins to 90 mins.

It was worryingly like he didnt know what to do and was hiding. For someone so media savvy it didnt look good. 

It was a bit Paul Jewell tonight. No slagging of the referee. No sticking two fingers up at opposition fans. No argy-bargy with players. Y'know, all that stuff that made us all like him a few weeks ago.

I feel like I've been on such a Gary-Rowett-Rollercoaster this season. Gone from liking, to doubting, to losing faith, to loving him. Now, I don't know what to think. I want him to be the right manager for us but I just don't know if he is. 

33 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

So you don’t think Vydra has not been on his phone tonight telling his agent to get him the hell out of this club ? If Vydra’s still here come the start of next season I’ll be amazed.

There's not a cat in hells chance he'll be here next season. He's our only saleable asset that can be sold to balance the books.

I’m not convinced by GR (never have been). But likewise I’m not convinced sacking him is the right thing to do.  I would wait till the end of the season and take stock then. Tonight was abject.

i know I’ve wasted some money on some dodgy purchases in the past: a bad meal here, crap clothes, even skanky women but boy o boy has Mel done some serious dollar on some truly awful ‘footballers’...

6 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

He needs to walk...

The worst football I've seen in twenty years is being played by us...disjointed,boring,slow.

It's not as though he's even trying  to build a team with the academy lads or bringing some young players in...no we sell our talents and replace them with ineffective replacements.

Bloody dreadful,I really don't want to watch this rubbish again next season,I'd rather see a young team developing and playing football on the floor which gets me excited again.

Another thing...didn't Clement get sacked for doing exactly the same thing that gr has done this year(but considerably less well and I never thought I'd be putting Clements football above many others).

You've had a massive problem with Rowett virtually from the get go.

Always ready to have a pop, always running him down, always having a go at him at virtually every opportunity. 

I've held my tongue until now, willing to give Gary a chance, but the above post has made me snap.

You Sir, are probably right!

I think Rowett got a bit carried away with himself after the 1st part of the season success. Took his eye of the ball in January, resulting in the signing of a player, as out of form as Jerome, & the failure to at least replace Russel...got bogged down by continually trying not to loose matches as opposed to winning them...then lacking the experience of the other managers at the top of the league struggled to stop the downward spiral.

But I think he'll learn a lot from the 2nd half of the season meltdown & become a better manager for it...so he deserves to be here next year... more battle hardened & wiser for the experience.

Oh & we're still 5th, so we could still go up which despite his mistakes is still pretty good.

18 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

It was a bit Paul Jewell tonight. No slagging of the referee. No sticking two fingers up at opposition fans. No argy-bargy with players. Y'know, all that stuff that made us all like him a few weeks ago.

I feel like I've been on such a Gary-Rowett-Rollercoaster this season. Gone from liking, to doubting, to losing faith, to loving him. Now, I don't know what to think. I want him to be the right manager for us but I just don't know if he is. 

Spot on, can't help but warm to him in these fans forums etc but it's nights like this that make me think what's the point? Great talker, not quite at it yet as a manager though. 

I'm happy to give him another year, purely through reluctance to start all over again.

He needs to be here. 

As ive mentioned befrore, many of the deadwood players we are talking about are under very lucrative contracts until summer 2019. 

It will make very little difference as to who is in charge next year as we won’t be able to shift them. 

Summer 19 give you the wages and scope to really change up the team (unless by some miracle teams want to take the dross off our hands). 

I think Rowet deserves that chance in my opinion. 

Today was abject, but he didn’t make the 4 glaring defensive errors that threw the game away. Looking at the bigger picture I just don’t think he has the room to do what he wants to do team wise in the current situation we are in. 

For me his only failure in transfers so far has been Lawrence, by you could see from his form last year for Ipswich why he was targeted so much. 

The others he has already explained that there was little to no transfer fees paid for an older commodity. 

Sad, but this will go on at least another year. 

12 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Same as me, I wanted him as manager before Pearson and was chuffed when we got him last year. 

Some indifferent performances, a style of football Im not enjoying and strange transfer windows has seen me question if he is the manager I was hoping he was. 

Ultimately, season ticket sales will determine whether the fans think he is worth following, and its those numbers the board pay attention to. 

17 minutes ago, sheeponacid said:

I think Rowett got a bit carried away with himself after the 1st part of the season success. Took his eye of the ball in January, resulting in the signing of a player, as out of form as Jerome...

He was after Jerome in the summer! No wonder Nuge has given up.

No. The form since Jan has been appalling. 

I could wear watching 'pragmatic' football when we were winning, but the fare in the last 10 weeks has been dire and we can't win.

Tonight had sacking written all over it. 

There isn't a single first team player who I'd have in the squad on Monday, and the only shame is that Elsnik et al aren't here to play the last 8 games.

When Burton got down, we should beg Nigel Clough to come back, because we're in the same place we were when Paul Jewell left. Full of overpaid, useless, *****.

1 minute ago, needles said:

No. The form since Jan has been appalling. 

I could wear watching 'pragmatic' football when we were winning, but the fare in the last 10 weeks has been dire and we can't win.

Tonight had sacking written all over it. 

There isn't a single first team player who I'd have in the squad on Monday, and the only shame is that Elsnik et al aren't here to play the last 8 games.

When Burton got down, we should beg Nigel Clough to come back, because we're in the same place we were when Paul Jewell left. Full of overpaid, useless, *****.

I flew in to watch that fulham game. I hated it. But agreed that if the results are good then whom am i to argue. They are not, the football sucks and i don't see the youth being blooded. Add on to of that we lost the most aesthetily pleasing players... God dmn it. Why do we love Derby.

As painful  as it is (I'd really like to think he's the one) he has to go. I could stomach a bad run like this if the team had a healthy spattering of youngsters being blooded.even a whiff of young blood would do.  But we have a pedestrian ageing team who are just not interested,sorry Gary,  ta ta mate! 

Still can’t get over him getting rid of clement. We were only a few points off top. Playing better football than this. Clement didn’t have a run without winning this many games. I’d sack him if he does t end this streak of not winning games. Then again that clown Morris has just given him a new contract. Ha ha 

Haven't read the entire thread so sorry if this has been covered but if our expensively assembled squad are unable to play the system they use week in, week out, why would they be able to adapt to any other system mid-game, especially when already under the cosh?

If the bulk of the team can't even complete a pass to someone 10 feet away, the system being used is totally irrelevant.

Archived