Does Rowett deserve to be here next season?

Sexydadbod

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately for Rowett people will only put up with this dry, ‘pragmatic’ style of football whilst the results are positive. 

People are much more patient if the football being played is good or the team is youthful and developing. 

Im not saying sack him but I wouldn’t batter an eye lid if by the wolves game Mel had got twitchy fingers. 

I feel like Mel had the right idea with the derby way. That was never his mistake. His mistake was telling the press and opening himself to ridicule and then deviating from that style. 

I would get rid of any player not comfortable with the ball at their feet and j would have a look at those who are comfortable. This will cause unpopular decisions such as having another look at butterfield etc. This would also mean losing Johnson, Forsyth plus others. 

Anyone who is over 30 would be lucky to stay too. Only the very best over 30s should have a place and not in positions that require high energy. Bye bye Baird, huddlestone, ledley, Jerome etc... 

obviously this job is too big for one summer and yet again we’ve wasted a season not building the correct type of squad. 

Just now, Ilsonram12 said:

5 years of this bottle job mentality is wearing thin, replaced by who? Only the management know

It is different players to the last ''bottle jobs'' of 14/15. There isn't much of a constant there.

1 minute ago, Ramaway said:

Think he will be here due to our financial position but don't think he deserves to be. At the moment can only see a relegation battle next season (in the Championship) 

Maybe that’s what Mel anticipated this season, his three months of success may have been unexpected 

I have to say time is running out - We haven't won in eight games which is hardly promotion form and the performances for a while have been poor. The team certainly have to take ownership of their performances but so does Gary now. He chooses the team, coaches and gives the tactics. I can accept we are not going to win everything and a loss against teams like Fulham one of the in form teams was almost acceptable but to lose to the worst team in the league at home letting in 4 goals is now embarrassing. The team needs an overhaul as if we don't win promotion through the play offs due to a sudden improvement in performances (which I doubt we will), we will be in a relegation battle next season with the current squad based on current form. But while 25000 or so brilliant fans keep buying season tickets with their hard earned cash, we will continue to get the same from this club I'm afraid. Don't like to see managers sacked especially when they are in the play offs but am beginning to feel we are there by luck at the moment due to inconsistent results of teams like Bristol City and Middlesborough. Hope Gary can turn it around very very soon as I feel the patience is wearing a bit thin and its the same thing every year - don't worry, we will go up next season / its a long term plan.

46 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

My criticism of Rowett would be that this year was meant to be about rebuilding but we did nothing of the sort. Short term signings dropping down from the PL, no inclusion of youth players and the refusal to give Martin (proven striker at this level under 30, in his prime) makes us look like a team throwing the kitchen sink at promotion again.

Honestly, I’m fuming because we just repeated the same mistakes over again.

No one expected a proper promotion push this year, we could have got away with blooding a few kids and signing exclusively young players. But we didn’t.

Absolutely nailed it here.

We needed a rebuild. Everyone could see that. It seemed to be the direction the club wanted too. Instead, we've chucked loads of money of the exact type of player Rowett pledged not to buy. Very disappointing.

In saying that, if the signing of Jordan Grahame is true (as mentioned by @SuperDerbySuperRams) then we might be going in the right direction. Add some promising youngsters to this side and get rid of the baggage which has been clogging up the blood-flow.

Derby County need to go to rehab. 

Archived