Derby Snow - Game called off

Day

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Whats going to happen to the petition started by a Middlesboro fan to get us docked points, alleged to have got up to over 5000 names on the petition at 0930 this morning. SHAME

We should be worried! That's one third of their home attendance in a normal championship season!!!

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

So our club is corrupt is it?

DBy heck, with all the slander cases that Uncle Mel could harvest after snowgate we could kiss goodbye to FFP for a few windows.

I wonder if anyone’s had any legal notices served? Surely their forum has?

I told you all them foreigners you were doing cash in hand would come back to haunt us all........:lol:

When the snowman brings the snow
Well he just might like to know
He's put a great big smile on somebody's face
If you jump into your bed
Quickly cover up your head
Don't laugh too loud
You know the Cardiff crowd are on their way

Oh I wish it could be Cardiff everyday
And Col starts whinging cus we just don't want to play
Oh I wish it could be Cardiff everyday
Lets all pretend its snowed v  Cardiff

6 hours ago, Andicis said:

''Bluebirds are a class above them in all departments'' This quote made me laugh on their forum. So their manager slandering the club is classy? :lol:

i liked that one, especially the one below which said, as well as on the pitch

which made me think.. do they think their club is a class above ours really?

with their 4k crowds for cup games, when they have to close off the stand opposite the main stand.

All the rugby fans come out of the woodwork only when they reach the premierleague... thats not very classy is it? Its tinpot.

But yes, Cardiff are still not happy....it's quite amusing now, especially the "at least Derby could have refunded all our fans who travelled as goodwill" - Right...so, the EFL were satisfied, remain satisfied, and are taking no further action and Cardiff still think we should be acting as if we'd done something wrong, after all their efforts to very publicly try to get us a bad name and tantamount to calling us cheats. They've engineered a situation where any goodwill would be seen as admission of fault, lack of goodwill (ha) they can sell to their fans as "see we're the good guys"....classy.....perhaps if they'd handled it differently....oh wait, no, we're dealing with Cardiff City....

2 hours ago, Coconut said:

They've spent 4 days being mardy, bitter, pathetic arsewipes, literally accusing us of being cheats and now they're whinging about not receiving a goodwill gesture?

Are they really that thick, that deluded?

They've had a bloody goodwill gesture, it's called not being sued to high heaven.

for those that have seen the movie tropic thunder .  perhaps mel could contact them and make the same counter offer len grossman (tom cruise) does to flaming dragon . If you don't know what I mean have a look you might chuckle .

If Cardiff are as good as they claim to be, playing us fully fit or not should hold no fear. I would be far happier with my club taking the moral high ground, yet Cardiff want to rough it up in the sewers. They deserve every bit of **** they swim in. 

11 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Has anyone yet worked out why they were setting off nearly 7 hours before kick for a 2 hour journey? Cant have been anything to do with the weather because that was fine.

Excellent observation G Star, a fine sunny sunday morning, what a lovely time for a drive into the UK’s finest country, no traffic on the roads, no snow, anywhere. I’d have left around 8 ish.

0CB3EDF3-DC37-42C0-9AF3-65FDD3CA7F40.jpeg

Sith Happens

The EFL statement is a bit wishy washy. They state Derby made the right decision but have reminded derby of their responsibilities and say Cardiff have some valid points.

This seems to be around communication to fans travelling to the game from what I can make out, as they accept the early kick off time made it more challenging.

In that case if communication is to be improved then the only solution would have been to call the game off the night before based on the forecast. Then if it hadn't snowed people could really have kicked off.

Why can people not accept that sometimes things happen which aren't ideal. The game was called off with 4 hours notice, maybe Cardiff should be reminded there is no need for fans to be at the ground 3 hours before kick off.

Sith Happens
13 hours ago, King Kevin said:

Mate it's not just that, people don't even try to get to work in some cases and half the impassable roads are only that because of **** drivers . God I'm starting to sound like my dad.

Oh I have no doubt some people do make out they cannot travel when they could.

PistoldPete2
36 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Oh I have no doubt some people do make out they cannot travel when they could.

As far as I can tell, the only thing Derby did wrong was to say the decision was made in consultation with the police. The police advised people not to travel unless absolutely necessary but werent otherwise involved in the decision making except for a representative on the safety advisory group.

if police advise people not to travel yet Cardiff fans choose to travel a 300mile round trip well they can hardly complain about a wasted journey. 

34 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

As far as I can tell, the only thing Derby did wrong was to say the decision was made in consultation with the police. The police advised people not to travel unless absolutely necessary but werent otherwise involved in the decision making except for a representative on the safety advisory group.

if police advise people not to travel yet Cardiff fans choose to travel a 300mile round trip well they can hardly complain about a wasted journey. 

With the greatest of respect @PistoldPete2 your caveat contradicts the first part of the statement cf "The electorate were not really involved in the decision on Brexit, apart from voting in the Referendum". 

Archived