Derby Snow - Game called off

Day

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This man has the gall to call the Rams cheats. I don't know if any of you fellow Rams fans know of any incidents involving Mr Cheat Warnock. Back in 2001/2 season in the Championship in the 38th game of the season, Sheffield united (manager: Warnock) were at home to promotion chasing West Brom. At the time Sheffield were close to the bottom of the table. In the 9th minute Goalkeeper Tracey got sent off, In the 64th min Warnock put his last 2 subs on. 1 minute later both subs (Santos & Suffo) got sent off. In the 77th min West Brom went 3-0 up and 2 mins later Michael Brown walked off (alleged injury) leaving Sheffield with 7 players on the pitch. Warnock was then seen ( TV coverage) trying to get another player to come off. Well in the 82nd min Ullathorne came off leaving the Ref no option but to abandon the game. West Brom manager Gary Megson stated at the time he would entertain a replayed game. The outcome was the result stood, Sheffield utd recieved a £10.000 fine and CHEATING Warnock got fined £300. West Brom got their promotion by finishing the season in 2nd, while Warnock's team recovered slightly to finish 13th.

Now I here a Middlesboro fan as started a petition to try and get Derby docked points. So far there is over a 1000 signatures, some being Cardiff fans. This Boro fan obviously does'nt think his club can get enough points to finish 6th.

19 hours ago, MMC said:

Only fault I'd pick with the decision is that it should have been made sooner to allow those making the long journey from Wales to stay safely at home. When the bloke from Cardiff City Supporters club comes out and says it's disgraceful that people risked life and limb to make it up there surely it only validates the decision to call the game off.

thanks well considered commentary.  The decision was announced at 830 so I'm not convinced it could have been made much earlier.  Still despite knowing this Cardiff FC made there way to the ground so Colin could stand on his soap box.

13 minutes ago, Spanish said:

thanks well considered commentary.  The decision was announced at 830 so I'm not convinced it could have been made much earlier.  Still despite knowing this Cardiff FC made there way to the ground so Colin could stand on his soap box.

Colin is available for weddings and bar mitzvahs so I’m led to believe. 

4 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Colin is available for weddings and bar mitzvahs so I’m led to believe. 

Thought he stopped that when he took on the role of the goblin at gringots bank in Harry Potter 

The EFL has now had an opportunity to consider the submissions of both Derby County and Cardiff City following the postponement of their Championship fixture on Sunday 18 March.

We remain satisfied that the decision to postpone the fixture was the correct one in the circumstances at the time and that Derby County had made every effort to ensure the game had the opportunity to be played. They also communicated with the relevant stakeholders as it became clear it was in doubt due to safety concerns.

Full story (including CCTV pics) https://www.efl.com/news/2018/march/efl-statement-derby-county-v-cardiff-city/?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

I really hope we go completely to town on April 24th - entire crowd dressed as snowmen - Medley of Christmas hits before the game - Bond movie on the big screen - Snow machine called in to block Cardiff bus in the car park - "Steve Bloomer's watching" replaced by "let it Snow"  - Mince pies and mulled wine in the catering stalls - Guest appearance by Lee Tomlin or Andy Reid as Father Christmas - Present of free Derby socks or gloves on every seat from chairman Mel - Those ticker tape machines blowing out snow pre game - and we play like a promotion winning side (because that's what we do at Christmas)

43 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well that puts that to bed.

I look forward to all who questioned the integrity of the club lining up and admitting they got it wrong.

Think you have might have chance of making use of chocolate fire guard. 

Archived