Derby Snow - Game called off

Day

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

This game is gonna be a real grudge match now. Hopefully the players shouldn't need motivation for it.

If I was Gary (and Cardiff and Villa were close enough in the table) I'd innocently remark to Colin what a pity it would be if half the side wasn't fit enough to play Villa on the following saturday.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So our club is corrupt is it?

By heck, with all the slander cases that Uncle Mel could harvest after snowgate we could kiss goodbye to FFP for a few windows.

I wonder if anyone’s had any legal notices served? Surely their forum has?

4 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Looks fine.

IMG_5416.JPG

IMG_5417.JPG

IMG_5418.JPG

IMG_5419.JPG

Whilst I am absolutely delighted that DCFC have been vindicated over this .I am ashamed /annoyed etc,etc that we as a country cannot cope with two relatively short spells of bad weather and that amount of snow is considered dangerous by some.Pathetic. 

Just now, King Kevin said:

Whilst I am absolutely delighted that DCFC have been vindicated over this .I am ashamed /annoyed etc,etc that we as a country cannot cope with two relatively short spells of bad weather and that amount of snow is considered dangerous by some.Pathetic. 

Was you out early doors Sunday morning mate. 

1 minute ago, Gritters said:

I think we should be putting in a formal complaint against Cardiff and Warnock for insinuating we are cheats. I think they owe us an apology. 

It’s up to the players now to get revenge and humiliate them.

5-0 should suffice.

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

The problem Sunday was it was very different in different areas.

On a larger scale no we don't cope like those countries that get it all the time, but imagine if the government said OK we will take steps to keep the roads etc moving,  which would cost money and then we have 3 or 4 winters with nowt..people would then complain that taxes were not being spent wisely "why spend all that money on snow and ice clearance when we have had no snow"

Another case if damned if you do....

All the stewards and club staff now live on Pride Park you know, there’s a tent village sprung up on the old gasometer site.

Never will another game be called off again Mr Warnock! 

Unless we get a strong wind and it blows all the tents away.

Worst thing is if Cardiff don't go up (and I dare say they were the original 'bottlers' before we stole that label) they'll blame it solely on the postponement of this game. 

I can understand the fans that were either already here/on there way to the game when it got called off being annoyed. But the masses that have jumped on the bandwagon is quite frankly a disgrace. The game has been rearranged, and quite probably will be on sky again, nobody is really missing out except the fact Cardiff will now have to play a decent team in theory 

24 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

The problem Sunday was it was very different in different areas.

On a larger scale no we don't cope like those countries that get it all the time, but imagine if the government said OK we will take steps to keep the roads etc moving,  which would cost money and then we have 3 or 4 winters with nowt..people would then complain that taxes were not being spent wisely "why spend all that money on snow and ice clearance when we have had no snow"

Another case if damned if you do....

Mate it's not just that, people don't even try to get to work in some cases and half the impassable roads are only that because of **** drivers . God I'm starting to sound like my dad.

If it wasn't for Warnock being a dick, them brain dead idiots wouldn't even think anything of the game being called off.

I live 2 miles from the ground and when I woke up about 7 my first thoughts were there was no way the game would be on, that tells me all I need to know.

1 hour ago, King Kevin said:

Good for you. It was treacherous where I live. Not the deepest snow ever but it was ice. Yes, ice on the road. And if people are stupid enough to slide sideways down the hill where I live then they deserve a smashed up car. 

2 hours ago, WestKentRam said:

Good to see we've been cleared of any wrong doing.

Also, interesting to read of Warnock's admission on Talksport widely reported in the media in the last few days 'Ironically, it happened to me at Derby when I was at Sheffield United and I wanted the game off as we had a lot of problems and they wanted it on. We got the referee to call it off...'.

The reaction of Warnock and the Cardiff fans to the match being legitimately called off on Sunday sticks in the gullet even more given this admission.

pole.jpg.9366edac47f808e0ad7d673b33eea75a.jpg

Which one of these is Colin anyway? :mellow:

Archived