18/19 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Rammed79

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A portsmouth fan on twitter seems quite convined Mount is coming to Derby on loan. Hes tweeting to all the betting companies to try and get them to give him odds.

Possibly on the back of another twitter user who is "not a chelsea fan" who "just follows Mount" saying that its happening.

Its amazing what sort of oddities you can find on twitter.

Disclaimer: None of this "information" should be remotely believed. 

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Has anybody heard anything legitimate in regards to our incomings? I need something to get excited about ?

It is all very quiet. 

Either nothing is happening, or there aren't many folk with contacts at Derby. Which I suppose is possible after such a significant regime change. 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

It is all very quiet. 

Either nothing is happening, or there aren't many folk with contacts at Derby. Which I suppose is possible after such a significant regime change. 

I’d love to think that there’s loads of stuff going on behind the scenes which is all being kept very well underwraps, but I think that’s pretty wishful thinking. 

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

I’d love to think that there’s loads of stuff going on behind the scenes which is all being kept very well underwraps, but I think that’s pretty wishful thinking. 

I could understand stuff being arranged between us and Chelsea without people picking up on it, because our guys have direct contact. Usually it is the middlemen that leak stuff to the press.

But as you say, probably wishful thinkings.

7 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Davies' interview he says with it being early we havent had chance for any of the new signings to come over with us ?

Almost sounds like we have some done just not official

That's exactly what it sounds like. 

"any of the..." is interesting wording too. Not "the new signing" or "either of the...". That's exciting in a blind optimism kinda way. 

I've just watched it, we definitely have something up our sleeve. It's 'any of the new signings' so it seems likely that a few have been done in the background. 

Reasons to why they haven't been announced or they haven't gone over yet is beyond me, though. 

This may be over-simplifying things but doesn t every player signed get to have their picture grinning next to their new manager?

Difficult when he's in Tenerife. 

I suspect all the new signings will have to wait until the squad returns from their Love Island  love-in

I think any Chelsea lads that may be coming on loan won’t be sorted until they have their new manager in, surely he will want a say?

He might have already approved it but they can’t go until he’s been announced himself!

On 01/07/2018 at 12:27, SaintRam said:

A portsmouth fan on twitter seems quite convined Mount is coming to Derby on loan. Hes tweeting to all the betting companies to try and get them to give him odds.

Possibly on the back of another twitter user who is "not a chelsea fan" who "just follows Mount" saying that its happening.

Its amazing what sort of oddities you can find on twitter.

Disclaimer: None of this "information" should be remotely believed. 

Mason Mount is from Portsmouth...  could be an itk looking to make a few quid ...

??

14 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Davies' interview he says with it being early we havent had chance for any of the new signings to come over with us ?

Almost sounds like we have some done just not official

I wondered whether it was one of those slips of phrasing that footballers often fall foul of - That he maybe meant "we haven't made any new signings yet and you normally wait to do bonding trips after you've made new signings" - But that was pretty clear phrasing to me - We've definitely signed some players and they aren't with the squad yet

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

I wondered whether it was one of those slips of phrasing that footballers often fall foul of - That he maybe meant "we haven't made any new signings yet and you normally wait to do bonding trips after you've made new signings" - But that was pretty clear phrasing to me - We've definitely signed some players and they aren't with the squad yet

Thats the way it was explained to me in my 'idle tittle-tattle'!

2 minutes ago, admira said:

Thats the way it was explained to me in my 'idle tittle-tattle'!

Well - I'm sure we'll find out in due course

I think we're being cautious in our guesses of who's coming in - I'm backing Abraham, Van Ginkel, Omeruo and Loftus-Cheek - That's why Lampard still had to go to Russia ?

Maybe Pasalic instead of Van Ginkel though...

Archived